It's Been Fun

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: It's Been Fun

Post by Herald »

"Livet er langt, lykken er kort, salig er den der tør give det bort!" -Kim Larsen

Thanks for everything, Nag!

You certainly have created something unique here, a creative, friendly and intelligent community. I'm sure we all can promise to leave this forest the way we found her. I am also sure we will hear from you again, although how, noone knows... :wink: And the girl who finds you, and the students who will be thrown at your mercy, will be lucky indeed. Because you know how to make saplings grow! :)
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

Have a good 'un, Naggers. :)
matthew_swifty
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood elves, Eldar, Bretonnians

Post by matthew_swifty »

Cheers Nagi, you have been more friendly to me than any other forum member and I will miss you very much.

Have fun! :D

Matthew Swift :p
Im going to read the rest of this in a salt mine, while eating salt.
Ramesesis wrote:None of that sissy picking what mini that suits my purposes for each game wankering stuff! NO!!!
I worship Jesus at the pub. Thats why i'm filled with the spirit.
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Lord Khaladin wrote:having seen you around on druchii.net and now asrai.org, its been great to share the forums with you. you certainly have a great memory, i returned from many months exile to asrai only for you to immediately recognise me. it really meant a lot.
Well, I usually remember some moembers and where I've met them. But I've come in contact with several thousand by now and it starts to get hard to remember them all. I do my best to make everyone feel welcomed here.
i hope you get a reputation as "cool" math teacher.
Heh :) Maybe so.
Misty wrote:I expect to see you on ratemyteacher.com/net/org/whatever
Never heard of that site before. http://www.ratemyteachers.com/
peterhof wrote:Beeing member of multiple forums I have never seen an admin as dedicated to his "job" as yourself, you are an example to all of us by showing us that if you really want to, you can make something beautifull. I think you may proudly say that you made one of the best IF not THE best forum for WHFB out there. You have my full respect of your dedication on this site and I hope you will succeed in your further studies.
Thanks, peter. I've been a member of quite a few forums, and seen many admins in my days. Both good ones and.. less good ones. I have adopted the good qualities and made what I can to suppress my bad qualities. So I have basically tried to administrate this site itno something I, myself, would like as a member. I'm just glad others share my views on how an admin should be.

As for "the best forum for WHFB", that has been said before, and I still have doubts. I'm very proud of the site, and the members here. Most sites struggle with arguing members, bots and whatnot. You guys are so incredibly self-moderating and mature all around. On druchii.net (as an example) we banned one member every month and handed out a handful of warnings every week. By that time the site was not much larger than this one. Here we have one ban since the creation of Asrai.org (and it was early on) and two warning IIRC. All of that in soon three years of existence. It's been a pleasure to admin this site.
Skoby wrote:I hope you do continue to visit the forums and chat room, and goodluck with your degree, I'm studying Maths&Physics too and I'm sure you will have a blast, I just hope you have less physics labs than I did in my freshers year as they can be killer!
During my last year in Uni, the labs were the best part. Sadly the lab reports were not ;) Maybe because the professors were really picky, or maybe because I didn't put enough time into understanding the stoff.
DD wrote:your speech was very moving and made me shed a tear (for real!).
Sorry 'bout that. Was not my intention.
Sethla wrote:Without this site, I may very well have stopped playing warhammer, so I thank you.

Without this site, I would not know half as much as I do now about Warhammer, so I thank you.

Without this site, I may have become frustrated with Wood Elves and either quit Warhammer or changed races.

This site has done a lot of things for a lot of people, Nagathi. Thank You.
Don't thank me. I only gave you a green couple of pages to write your stuff on. It is the members who have supplied the information and good atmosphere. If you manage to solve an incredibly hard maths problem, you do not thank the pen and paper. It is the brain that has done all the work. I only gave you a place to do it.
Sethla wrote:Thank You very much, Peter.
Petter. Two T's. Pronounced exactly like "better" but with a P :)
Herald wrote:I'm sure we all can promise to leave this forest the way we found her.
Unless you want a savage Ramesesis hunting you with his axe held high, you better leave her the way you found her :D
Herald wrote:And the girl who finds you, and the students who will be thrown at your mercy, will be lucky indeed. Because you know how to make saplings grow!
Yeah, hopefully I'll find a girl for me one day. And the students will get the same treatment as most of you have gotten ;)

Thanks people. It's heart-warming to hear your praising of the site. It feels as I've made a difference. Thanks.
I'm never far away. Just lurking in the shades where you least expect it.

~ Nag
Minsc
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WFB: WE, WoC, Empire // 40k: Eldar, Orks, CSM, SM, IG.

Post by Minsc »

Men...fan! :cry:

Ha ett bra liv Nagge! Kan utan tvekan säga att du har varit min favorit main-admin, av alla de olika wfbforumen jag hänger på!
Admin-person som är mer ömsesidig och med lika stor glimt i ögat får man leta långt och länge efter.

Glömm inte bort oss! ;)
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by The King In the Woods »

first, i apologize for the late post. second, and most importantly, although i have not been a member for very long, i can confidently say that you have done a remarkable job with this site and have brought happiness and more to each member, and for this i thank you. good luck in your aspiring career and i hope to occasionally still see you around the forest. thanks again! ;)
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
Sephiroth
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Sephiroth »

Good luck and Goodbye :tear:

P.S- happy birthday :D
Tell me what you cherish most, give me the pleasure of taking it away...

Runescape: Sludge13, champion of Armadyl
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Nagathi leaving? noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!!! Well, I hope things go well for you Nag in real life and that we shall see you sometime again in a future campaign or just in the chat. Farewell.
For the Shadow King!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Oh, I am sure Nagi will pop in now and then and say hello, and see that his "Child" evolves in a healthy manner. He will be a bit like Regulus and old Ricold over at Ulthuan.net.

I think I can speak for the mods and the remaining admins that we will do our best to keep the site together and as nice as ever. But as Nagi say, it is not just the admins and the mods that makes this come true, it has to do with the great members we have. Keep up the good work, boys and girls!

Remember, that the forests (site) gives back to you in equal measure to what you give to it. Remember that there are real life persons behind all the nicks here, with feelings and emotions. If you are friendly, you will get friendliness back, if you are hostile, you will be recieve hostility. If you take something, make sure to give back in equal measure.
Most of all, remember that it is never wrong to say "I am sorry".

Still, this is somehow the way things work around here already. We live and let live, accept each others differences, sometimes we have pretty hard debattes, but we rarely go over the top. In the end, the asrais are supposed to be independent, free spirited, proud and somewhat quarrelsome on occasions. Sure, we have our rows, but as asrais are often quick to draw blood, we can also be quick to make amend and will always back each other up when we are threatened.

Well, what can I say.

Hold those banners high!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

Post by Narmo Eressea »

You might have reason Rammie. But without certain persons, certain sites or certain things just don´t seem the same. And Nagathi was in some way the soul of asrai.org.

With him gone, it is not the same at all.
For the Shadow King!
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

I'm not gone! Just not as active.

~ Nag
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

He's not dead yet!
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

But we're working on it :nod:
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:But we're working on it :nod:

It would get done a lot quicker if he hadn't killed me first <.< *grumble*

;)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Kojiro Kakita
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Kojiro Kakita »

My friend, you will be sorely missed.
"Battles are not won on strength alone"
Satyr
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Satyr »

The Shortest burning star burns Brightest from affar unveiled despite the nights mist,
Close but more like a ghost to me,
The best things in life dont come cheap but theyer free.
Ever present change will never change thats the only constant thing,
While our tiny platform to the sky keeps on spinning bringing a new dawn and a new beginning willing the change to take place,
escape the rat race, remake past ways and save up your grace.
Be proud of what you create,
the bond you grant our race, give us the power to defend our land!
Smile at the compleation of your master plan.
O you Ledgend of a man.
Stand Proud and know the measure of your wealth,
the grattitude of all who in past life was bourn Wood Elf.
A simple Joke,
A green water proof poncho or an Elven Cloak?
But now time unimpeeded marches constantly,
Its your time to leave :tear: see the sights youve never seen and feel free.
Never see eye to eye, all of us threw this screen we type,
This truely is the best and friendlyist of the Forum Sites.
Smile like the Sun and be bathed in white light of Numenor,
While we gather still as your Ship heads for the western shore.
Last night it was a Bed this morning its just the floor!
Go in Peace away from this land of constant war.
Let your memory become tales of Yore.
I hope you seek out what you look For.
And one day you will return to us to say 'well met friend' once more
Eyes shining Bright with the Light of Full Moons rise on Spring Tide's night.
For life is just a Confusion of Desire and Delusion,
Sweet Embracable Illusion!

My friend I bid thee Farewell.

Satyr :D :p :wink: :nod: :lol: :thumbsup:
"In the first instance war is not the answer.. it is the question!"
Tethlis
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres.

Post by Tethlis »

Hey Nag. I've known you a fair amount of time, having been a member of this forum for a couple years now. I'm grateful for you, this forum, and this community as a whole for all that it's taught me about this game. I hope you won't be a stranger to the site. I'm sorry this reply has come so late, as I'm in the middle of moving homes and so my computer and internet access are in a stage of turmoil, but thanks again for all that you do and have done.
ether dude
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ether dude »

I'd like to thank you Petter for a great addition to the warhammer world, and congratulate Tethlis on his new position. I believe you've left the site in good hands.
All the best in reality and the escape therefrom!
Sorcha
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elf

Post by Sorcha »

Nagathi, All the best for the future and thanks for a wonderful site. This is one of the best warhammer forums I've seen - presentation, the people who post here are always friendly and welcoming and this site has been of huge help to me.

Once again. Thanks
W/D/L
4/3/3
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Eyy... no need for melodrama, Narmo. You know what, it is when you start to think like that, beliveing that if one person goes away, everything will fall apart.
Nag is not completley gone, he will still be lurking there in the shadows, like a ghost, a spirit, the guardian protector of asrai.org.
In short, he will our Orion.

Now, I do not want to hear any such talk! Such talk is what will ruin the place, claiming things will never be the same again. Well, things are never the same, and it does not have to do with one person, no matter how important, for even persons change as they get older. The Spirit of asrai.org is now something of it´s own entity, and as long as we adhere to that spirit, we will remain, changing yes, but that is life. Falling, no, not unless WE as members let it fall.

Straighten your back now, Narmo, and get a stiff upper lip! There is work here for everyone and that is to keep on contributing, from each by his or her ability. That is how we asrai survive!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Loki
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Eldar, Space Wolves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Skaven

Post by Loki »

Naggy may be tall, but I don't think he's tall enough to be Orion...
The key to eating a black and white cookie is that you wanna get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet still somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie, all our problems would be solved.
Look to the Cookie!
Guardian
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Guardian »

I will miss you Nagathi :cry:

It will feel weird without you don't forget to stop by once in a while.

Thanks for everything

-Martin Andréasson
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

You can always look at the WHO IS ONLINE and lie in wait for him. :ninja:
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Indeed you could. But I am still visiting daily (almost). But more briefly than before. I'm fading myself out.

~ Nag
the call of the hunt
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodies+o+g

Post by the call of the hunt »

In my short time here, i've seen more informative posts, announcements and general good stuff from you Nag, than any other member.

Thank you, and Good luck.

TCOTH(Matt)
Don't take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.

Why are Hobbits so small?