rule q: wyldwoods

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

korto
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood elves, Tau

rule q: wyldwoods

Post by korto »

how do you rule the wildwood? it is in the army list but obviously nobody would like to see a we player cover the table with those. on the other side the we need those for a lot of our abilities and a game without a wyldwood is a sad Gane for the we. soooo do we treat them as unit of some sort or is more like a simple alternate and optional terrain?
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: rule q: wyldwoods

Post by Merlin Elf friend »

The Sylvaneth Wyldwood is a "Scenery Warscroll", in a similar manner to using The DragonFate Dais or Numinous Occulum, etc; this seems to be a new thing in AoS, you buy a "kit" to use with your army, this scenery/terrain piece has its own special abilities/rules which you use to aid your army in some way.

Regarding the Wyldwood it consists of two or more "Citadel Woods" £18 each in the UK.
As my local GW based gaming group uses small tables 4ftx4ft they limit it to one two-wood Warscroll per Sylvaneth Army.

note: The Wyldwood attacks Wander Units only "Sylvaneth" units benefit from having a "Wyldwood".

There is also a Sylvaneth Battalion which includes 2 Wyldwood scrolls; our local gaming group plays small games of typically 6 WS so no chance to try this yet!

Good Luck Merlin E.f.
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: rule q: wyldwoods

Post by Sidewinder »

If you are about to play a game and the local AoS community doesn't have a ruling about it, then it's up to you to use good judgement on the amount that you place.
Yes, covering the table with them would be crass, but you don't want to use too few either. On a 4x4 table, I would be content with three pieces. If there is a lot of terrain on the table then I might use just one or two.

If I'm using a Durthu, I place only one forest in the beginning of the game. This way I leave options open to use Tree Singing without feeling like I'm taking advantage.
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW