AoS Realms?

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

RichyC91
Newcomer
Newcomer

AoS Realms?

Post by RichyC91 »

Hi All,

I keep seeing these 9 realms mentioned?

I have warscrolls on Units, Scenary and have found the 4 page rule guide, but I can't find any information about these 9 realms and how they might affect the game.

Does anyone have a link to where I can find the info, a PDF would be awesome as I have everything printed off in an easy to use file :)

Cheers.
Tuladin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos, Bretonnians, Orcs, Dwarves

Re: AoS Realms?

Post by Tuladin »

I believe you have to pay for that part. There is a background book on the games-workshop site.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

There isn't any additional rules for realms in the background book. There are som scenarios and narrative games with rules but mostly set in the realms of life and fire.
There are one realm for each wind of magic. The whole realm thing is a bit confusing to be honest. I've read it all and still don't quite understand the whole thing. Unsure if these realms are parallel world or planes of existence or if it is just part sofa flat world or different planets or something.

There is supposed to come more on each realm through various campaign expansions I think.
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Merlin Elf friend »

The different Realms are reached through the various "Realm Gates", hence the current Battles in AoS are for these gates and thus troop access to these places.

The Nine Realms are: Chaos, Heavens where God-King Sigmar and the remaining Good Guys hang out (also where the Storm Host Eternals are reforged, called AZYR;
The Realm of Fire, called AQSHY;
The Realm of Death, called SHYISH - NAGASH is here;
The Realm of Life, called GHYRAN - Sylvaneth (Forest Spirits) and Alarielle here;
The Realm of Light, called HYSH;
The Realm of Beasts, called GHUR;
The Realm of Metal, called CHAMON;
The Realm of Shadows, called ULGU - Dark aElfs thought to be here!

Most of this information came from p4 of White Dwarf Issue 75., as someone else stated the Background info has to be bought from GW via White Dwarf, The age of Sigmar books etc.