Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth Wyldwood

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

gmaleron
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth Wyldwood

Post by gmaleron »

Hey guys, I have a question pertaining to the new Age of Sigmar and in particular the Wyldwood. Now unlike other units in the book it does not have any stats of any kind and it is listed as "Scenery". Can we still take this item in conjunction with our normal army list and since it is scenery it does not take up a Warscroll? If anyone has any insight into this id love to hear it, thanks for posting!
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Re: Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth Wyldwood

Post by Hyarion »

I don't know either.

But then I'm not sure how to interpret the Guardians of the Deepwood formation.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Duraska
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Duraska »

There is a "warscroll" for it in the PDF that has the scenery rules.

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources ... ery-en.pdf

As for if you can include it with your army... yes, if your general is Durthu he can place a Sylvaneth Wyldwood during each of your Hero Phases as his Command ability. I don't see any other way to place one besides using the Sylvaneth Formation at the end of the WE Warscrolls PDF. However, Age of Sigmar is almost entirely a social game where it's up to you and your opponent to agree on details of the match ahead of time, why not ask ifor you can switch one of the normal terrain forests for a Sylvaneth Wyldwood when setting up the battlefield?

Edit: Just wanted to add, there are rumors that the Forest Spirits will actually be made into a standalone army as a new race called The Sylvaneth (the Wood Elves are rumored to be absorbed into the generic Aelf race). If that turns out true then I'm sure there will be more use for Sylvaneth Wyldwoods, and maybe even more rules for placing them.
overtninja
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: just wood elves :p

Post by overtninja »

Most former factions seem to be made up of sub-factions, each of which has it's own keyword. Even with Aelf being a blanket term for the race, there are still apparently three factions within said force, each of which is very different in tone and apparent leadership. WE are of course Wanderers, probably without a concrete homeland, who flit about the realms along secret paths putting arrows into whatever objectionable things they find. HE are listed as Highborn, and are shacked up with Sigmar and his Sigmarites in Azyrheim - being among the primary faces responsible for constructing said sprawling metropolis. DE are Exiles, who are apparently badasses who hang out in the Shadow Realm and murder everyone.

I suspect that these various flavors of Aelf will be preserved.

I also don't anticipate too many more Sylvaneth units, since they've got Monsters, Monster casters, Monster character, Infantry, MI, and casters covered already, many of which have both melee and ranged attacks. They actually work well as a unified force, since they all buff one another and cover the whole damn board in trees pretty quickly.
rasholm
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by rasholm »

overtninja wrote:Most former factions seem to be made up of sub-factions, each of which has it's own keyword. Even with Aelf being a blanket term for the race, there are still apparently three factions within said force, each of which is very different in tone and apparent leadership. WE are of course Wanderers, probably without a concrete homeland, who flit about the realms along secret paths putting arrows into whatever objectionable things they find. HE are listed as Highborn, and are shacked up with Sigmar and his Sigmarites in Azyrheim - being among the primary faces responsible for constructing said sprawling metropolis. DE are Exiles, who are apparently badasses who hang out in the Shadow Realm and murder everyone.

I suspect that these various flavors of Aelf will be preserved.

I also don't anticipate too many more Sylvaneth units, since they've got Monsters, Monster casters, Monster character, Infantry, MI, and casters covered already, many of which have both melee and ranged attacks. They actually work well as a unified force, since they all buff one another and cover the whole damn board in trees pretty quickly.
Pretty quickly is an understatement take the formation and cover the whole board in trees before the game has begun, since a wyldwood is anywhere between 2 and unlimited citadel woods