Skirmishers with Different Base Size

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

youngseward
Newcomer
Newcomer

Skirmishers with Different Base Size

Post by youngseward »

Any of you guys know how placing a character with a base size that doesn't fit with a skirmishing unit works? I'm thinking specifically of branchwraith in wwardancers/scouts/waywatchers. In a normal formation the 25mm branchwraith would have to be placed to the side of the unit, but I'm not sure if skirmishers changes that as they have the extra space.
Scalps claimed by Shadowdancer: Ogre Tyrant, Kharybdiss and Demon Prince.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Skirmishers with Different Base Size

Post by Mollesvinet »

I think it still applies. Besides, if you mixed up the base sizes and charged or got charged you would be in the same mess as with a ranked unit.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

youngseward wrote:Any of you guys know how placing a character with a base size that doesn't fit with a skirmishing unit works? I'm thinking specifically of branchwraith in wwardancers/scouts/waywatchers. In a normal formation the 25mm branchwraith would have to be placed to the side of the unit, but I'm not sure if skirmishers changes that as they have the extra space.
When they get in melee they need to "contract" into a regular ranked formation so it needs to be on the side.
youngseward
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by youngseward »

Geniuses. Cheers guys I hadn't thought about that. Makes it super simple.
Scalps claimed by Shadowdancer: Ogre Tyrant, Kharybdiss and Demon Prince.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

youngseward wrote:Geniuses.
You know.. I want to be humble ( :roll: ).. but I can't: I have to admit you are right.. I am a genius.

Somehow I missed Mollesvinets post though in my enthousiam to reply :o . +1 genius for Molles.