a few rules questions after my match this evening

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

a few rules questions after my match this evening

Post by Aezeal »

A few things came up in the match I just played (report will probably follow tomorrow if I can remember enough).

1. Can you dispell with +4 (on a lvl 4 mage) if you are fleeing?
2. Could that fleeing mage use a dispell scroll
3. My opponent said that when my scouts march they must actually wheel etc and couldn't reform facing backwards (unless performing a reform which would exclude marching)... I thought that I basicly could do anything with the models as long as none of them moved more than 10 inch (and they stayed together)... and ofc they could shoot after that (he didn't dispute the shooting tbh). I ended up turning and moving a few inch instead of running 10 inch and then just facing the other way and shooting.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: a few rules questions after my match this evening

Post by Phil Rossiter »

1. No. Rulebook FAQ pg5.
2. As above.
3. Your opponent was wrong. Pg 77 states that a Skirmishing unit can Reform as many times as it likes during it's move. Charging is mentioned as an exception, Marching isn't.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: a few rules questions after my match this evening

Post by Aezeal »

Phil Rossiter wrote:1. No. Rulebook FAQ pg5.
2. As above.
3. Your opponent was wrong. Pg 77 states that a Skirmishing unit can Reform as many times as it likes during it's move. Charging is mentioned as an exception, Marching isn't.
Thx (PS in the new FAQ it's near the end of page 6 now in case anyone was looking for the rule on fleeing and dispelling.)
- we ended up allowing me the dispel (at +4 for the mage) but not the scroll after talking to someone who usually knows the rules pretty well but I failed the dispell anyway so that ended up going as it should have.