ETC 2015 Restriction Draft 3.0

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

frenchi861
Newcomer
Newcomer

ETC 2015 Restriction Draft 3.0

Post by frenchi861 »

Hi everyone,

I have been reading throught the ETC restriciton and I find something strange. My understanding might be wrong so I decided to ask.

Taking a Deathweaver mounted in a bunker of sisters cost 4 points?

● One or more characters with leadership 10 for the purpose of Spirit Leech ​and one or more wizards with access to that spell 1 choice
● One or more wizards rolling spells on Lore of Death 1 choice
● Character on mount with Lore of Death and 6 or more Sisters of the Thorn models in the army 2 choices

Thats a total of 4 points right? In the case I am right I think I find a small problem in the restriction:

● Moonstone of the Hidden Ways If Lore of Death present in the army, instead 4 choices
● One or more characters with leadership 10 for the purpose of Spirit Leech ​and one or more wizards with access to that spell 1 choice
● One or more wizards rolling spells on Lore of Death 1 choice

This is 6 points, so it's not possible to take Lore of Death with the Moonstone because it's limited to 5?

I plan on doing some ETC Comp tournement and, even if I am trying new things (Light), I had great success with my Mounted Deathweaver but doesn't worth it with a comp like this!

Thanks in advance for the answers.
My Blog: http://renowargamingblog.blogspot.com/ Reno's Wargaming Blog (Battle Report, Painting, Showcase...)
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: ETC 2015 Restriction Draft 3.0

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I believe it's possible to take a Death mage on foot (1 pick) combined with Moonstone (4 picks) so long as you don't have access to Ld 10 (which would be the sixth pick).

ETC hate Death, especially when it's mobile.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Apperantly they hate moonstone even more (or is moonstone only 4 pick in combo with deathmage? EDIT found it: only the combo is 4 points additional)

Lore of death also gets a 4 dice casting cap.. is that a problem?

I'd say invest the points in 10 or 20 WW and 45 TF/HB arrows (GG/scouts) and two unit of 5-7 WR, maybe the sisters on dragon (I think with the hawk rules they have in ETC they are not save enough).

I think I like this ETC business better than what I've read about the swedish comp...
Sceolan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sceolan »

Yeah. Definitely easier than Swedish though Swedish encourages the use of units that normally nv see the battlefield. (eternal guard etc). I was thinking of a double dragon list but cant really fit the points for a level 4 and bsb plus enough troops especially with the new fortitude rules..