Quick question

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Quick question

Post by Aezeal »

How would a dwellers on the sister on dragon be resolved?
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Re: Quick question

Post by NonnoSte »

The two Sisters and the Dragon take a test each and than you remove those who fail it.
Obviously, if one of the Sisters survives, the other comes back at full wounds at the end of the magic phase.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Dwellers is a nasty spell for low S characters :S, even though the sisters have a better build in save than others.
Thx for the explanation.

Does a 6 always fail on tests like these?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Yes, per pg 10.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Ah another quick question I have while putting my list together.

Stand and shoot and range
-1 to hit

I can't stand and shoot if the chargers are within their normal movement range
If they are further away (till our normal short range: 15") obviulsy no modifier
If they are on long range do I get another -1 to hit? or do they shoot when enemy enters short range.

It's probably a stupid question but I THOUGHT we shot at shortrange so no additional -1 modifier when they charge from beyond 15".. but I can't find that rule anymore ...
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

You can't find it because it's not there.

With stand and shoot you fire at the target exactly where it is as it declares the charge. So normal modifiers for long range, soft or hard cover plus the additional -1 for the reaction (obviously TFA will always be hitting on 3+).

The only exception is when the target declares the charge from outside the shooting range of the reacting unit. In this situation the shooting action can be done even if the target never actually reaches the shooter range (because it fails the charge for example).
This is justified in the BRB, as you recall, by saying that shooters wait to fire until the target enters their range and then, eventually, the charging unit turns back to where it should stand after failing the charge.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

hmm that makes the HoDA on a mage a bit less nice.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

Aezeal wrote:hmm that makes the HoDA on a mage a bit less nice.
I have freaked out many a single figure or small unit when they charged my HoDA bearing Singer thinking she was easy meat and got a face-full of magical S4 arrows. (and now they're S4 AP!) :eek:

But! By and large it is much better to take your time and pick your shot so that you are not taking negative modifiers. And these days she might even be packing a spell that improves her own shooting! :evil:
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

yeah in my other thread (glade of generals) I'm building my list for to this evening (game starting in 4 hours) I've already packed my models but I have 30 points left to spend on items... the BS is not really ideal but still the item SHOULD be able to do 30 points of damage (especially vs darkelves). The other options would be 5++ ward, powerstone (might be nice if I go life mage) and some other stuff.. I really can't decide.