Eagle characters; can they go into units of warhawks or not?

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

nated4444
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WE DoC orks 40k

Re: Eagle characters; can they go into units of warhawks or

Post by nated4444 »

isn't the cavalry 25 by 50 though
mjHession wrote:
Phil Rossiter wrote:
nated4444 wrote:this is somewhat related so can a flier say (naestra and arahan) join a unit of calvery say.... sisters?
thanks
Yes, so long as they're not riding a Monster. Can be useful against BS shooting for example.
True, but I do think Domine Now is correct in saying...
Domine Nox wrote:Probably no, but even if they could they would no longer be able to fly so the whole unit would move at Gwindalor's base speed which would be 2".
i can't see why he couldn't fly but if someone could BRB that for me as i am on vacation for 7 weeks without my BRB
Ioreth Starmantle wrote: Hmm, the Asur never leave home without the Book of Hoeth, the Druchii love their Tome of Furion. We now have one that suits us very nicely(book of asur). Time to start an Elf book club (that means we club each other with books).
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

“Unless otherwise stated, a character cannot join a unit of monsters (too much danger of being stood on), a unit of flyers ...” etc.

Warhammer Rulebook, Characters and Units, What Unit Can I Join?
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

You move the cavalry, then you fly the eagle character(s) into the unit. The enemy shoots/magics. Next turn you charge the character out or make a 20" fly move. The cavalry move as normal.
mjHession
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by mjHession »

Phil Rossiter wrote:You move the cavalry, then you fly the eagle character(s) into the unit. The enemy shoots/magics. Next turn you charge the character out or make a 20" fly move. The cavalry move as normal.
That only outs you in the unit every other turn.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

It's not a game-long combo.

But it can be very useful to approach with the eagle guy without getting him skewered by the 4 RBT you are likely to see every time you play other elves for example.