Anraheir's curse and terrain types

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Godwrath
Newcomer
Newcomer

Anraheir's curse and terrain types

Post by Godwrath »

I have a doubt, and since i can't check the FAQs, i felt that i needed to ask it here.

Anraheir's curse makes an enemy unit consider any terrain type as dangerous terrain. In the rulebook "open terrain" is described as a terrain type, therefore, any unit under the curse would need to take dangerous terrain even while moving on open field. Is this correct ?

I ask, because most people say that Anraheir's curse is quite bad, and if this is correct (it is how i have been using it always), i consider it a pretty helpful spell for an avoidance elite army.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Re: Anraheir's curse and terrain types

Post by popisdead »

It has been ruled at our largest local tournaments that open terrain is a terrain type for Curse.

Check with your local TO though.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Lowb
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Lowb »

I don't really think it needs to be specifically ruled anywhere. It's on the book, under terrain section in the BRB you'll see a section for "Open Terrain"

The only thing to take note is that you do not take DT test when moving. Only when marching, pursuing, fleeing, chasing, charging, charging through an obstacle and that movement after wiping a unit when you charged which name in english can't recall atm...
Lassoto
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, Skaven

Post by Lassoto »

It's already been asked and answered, please check the commonly asked questions

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26502
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Post by Drstrangelove »

this is DEFINITELY not as open-closed as the above^ seems to indicate.
You need to get a ruling from a TO or your gaming group, otherwise you are making unhappiness for yourself in the future.
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"
Coyle_Ravane
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau, Imperial guard (Tau auxilleries)

Post by Coyle_Ravane »

Drstrangelove wrote:this is DEFINITELY not as open-closed as the above^ seems to indicate.
You need to get a ruling from a TO or your gaming group, otherwise you are making unhappiness for yourself in the future.
TO's may rule otherwise, but this is one of the contentious issues which is actually covered by the rules.
Minty wrote:...if you've been killed by a Wood Elf it's nothing personal, but Charles Darwin is smiling with approval.
Domine Nox
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Domine Nox »

It's not?

Curse of Anraheir "the unit treats all terrain as dangerous terrain"

BRB Pg 116 "Open terrain is the most prevalent type of battlefield terrain"

The BRB defines open terrain as a type of terrain, and therefore falls into "All"
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Drstrangelove wrote:this is DEFINITELY not as open-closed as the above^ seems to indicate.

I really fail to see how this is *not* open-closed. It is written as clear as day in the rules. "All terrain" is an absolute. There are no exceptions, no exclusions. There can be no ambiguity here - all *means* ALL!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Godwrath
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Godwrath »

Okey, thank you for the answers guys. So it is because in some areas it's just houseruled, now i understand why some people hate the sisters while i think they are awesome.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Post by Drstrangelove »

Beithir Seun wrote:

I really fail to see how this is *not* open-closed. It is written as clear as day in the rules. "All terrain" is an absolute. There are no exceptions, no exclusions. There can be no ambiguity here - all *means* ALL!
If that were the case it would not be common to see tournaments where it is not ruled that way.
Not that I'm disagreeing on your ruling, I interpret it that way as well. But it really needs an FAQ
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

Tournaments take a game not intended for tournament play and try to make it so :-)
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord