8[th] Wood Elves vs Tomb Kings

Here is the place for all your reports of battles against those who seek to defile our sacred glades.

Moderator: Council of Elders

LiveWaaaaagh
Newcomer
Newcomer

8[th] Wood Elves vs Tomb Kings

Post by LiveWaaaaagh »

Hi all!

See full battle video on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRh_sYH4v7c

850 pts

Tomb Kings

Heroes
Liche Priest lvl 2 Neherkara
Tomb PRince with shield & Armor of Destiny

Core
24x Skeleton Warriors w/ spears
10x Archers

Special
20x Tomb Guard with Halbreds

Rare
Casket of Souls

Wood Elves
Lords
1x Treeman Ancient lvl 2 Lore of life

Core:
16x Dryads w/ Nymph

Special
3x Treekin w/ elder

Rare
Treeman
Live Warhammer Content.

Visit LiveWaaaaagh.com
Follow us on Twitch - Twitch.tv/livewaaaaagh

Live 8th Edition games, painting sessions, Blood Bowl II, Total War: Warhammer and more!
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Re: 8[th] Wood Elves vs Tomb Kings

Post by LadyLoec »

Hi guys,

Great video report - we've all been there with the Tupperware movement trays!!

Some tips (not trying to pick holes but it's always good to learn):
1. You can roll a max of 6 dice for one spell
2. Strength tests are done on unmodified strength, so the tomb guard would've been strength 4 for their dwellers rolls
3. Killing blow doesn't work on monstrous infantry or monsters, so wouldn't help against treemen or tree kin. Treeman would've got a 5+ armour save (3+, minus 2 for strength 5) as well as the 6+ ward.
4. Strongly recommend an earthing rod, especially when you're only fielding one wizard!!
5. Wouldn't have mattered because of her roll, but Treeman Ancient is leadership 9, not 10
6. You can't do a direct damage spell on a unit in combat
7. Turn 3 TKs - dryads should have won that combat by 1
8. Turn 3 WEs - She had 2 charges on you, so +2 to combat res, not +1. Also total wounds come into it, so the tree kin's kills would've gone into it as well as the ancient's.

A really good effort for a second battle - We always like to see a wood elf victory!!
(P.S. It's never a graveyard for undead - it's opportunity!!)
Look forward to seeing more reports!
LiveWaaaaagh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by LiveWaaaaagh »

LadyLoec wrote:Hi guys,

Great video report - we've all been there with the Tupperware movement trays!!

Some tips (not trying to pick holes but it's always good to learn):
1. You can roll a max of 6 dice for one spell
2. Strength tests are done on unmodified strength, so the tomb guard would've been strength 4 for their dwellers rolls
3. Killing blow doesn't work on monstrous infantry or monsters, so wouldn't help against treemen or tree kin. Treeman would've got a 5+ armour save (3+, minus 2 for strength 5) as well as the 6+ ward.
4. Strongly recommend an earthing rod, especially when you're only fielding one wizard!!
5. Wouldn't have mattered because of her roll, but Treeman Ancient is leadership 9, not 10
6. You can't do a direct damage spell on a unit in combat
7. Turn 3 TKs - dryads should have won that combat by 1
8. Turn 3 WEs - She had 2 charges on you, so +2 to combat res, not +1. Also total wounds come into it, so the tree kin's kills would've gone into it as well as the ancient's.

A really good effort for a second battle - We always like to see a wood elf victory!!
(P.S. It's never a graveyard for undead - it's opportunity!!)
Look forward to seeing more reports!

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch and comment! We both thank you for pointing out the mistakes! When we played that game, it was her 2nd game of 8th and my 3rd since last June, so we were rusty with the rules. Plus, since this was filmed live on Twitch, we couldn't really pause the stream for 5 minutes while we search for the rules. In fact, you pointing all this out will help us for the next game!

So thank you!
Live Warhammer Content.

Visit LiveWaaaaagh.com
Follow us on Twitch - Twitch.tv/livewaaaaagh

Live 8th Edition games, painting sessions, Blood Bowl II, Total War: Warhammer and more!
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Post by LadyLoec »

Ours is not a simple hobby and I rarely hear of a game where no-one forgets a rule here and there, especially under time pressure (I used to play in a group with a 2hr time limit for unpacking, table set up, deployment, playing, and packing away, so I feel your pain!). I look forward to your next report!