Dwarf Vs Dark Elf AAR - 3000 points. Lots of pics.

Here is the place for all your reports of battles against those who seek to defile our sacred glades.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Dwarf Vs Dark Elf AAR - 3000 points. Lots of pics.

Post by Dragon halitosis »

Ok, so it's not Wood Elves, but it's a while since I posted a bat rep, and feel the need to share some 8th edition rank and file carnage. I hope you like it.

https://cognitionfatigue.wordpress.com/ ... r-13-8-15/
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Dwarf Vs Dark Elf AAR - 3000 points. Lots of pics.

Post by Billthesurly »

Well done sir. I have spent a lot of time bouncing my Woodies off of my friends Dwarves and know just exactly how challenging the Short-and-Hard guys can be. Miners are the reason one does not put one's warmachines in anything like a "grand battery" formation! It must have been extremely satisfying to kill off the last Corsair with a re-roll from a "throw away" magic item and then run Squid Face down from behind. (Bet there wasn't enough of him left to feed a cat with by the time they were done.) Nobody, but NOBODY does "meat grinder" better than Dwarves. You're challenge was to get stuck in. Once you were there you sit back and swig a tankard and let the grognards do their jobs.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Etheneus
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf

Post by Etheneus »

Nicely done. I have met dark elves and dwarfs but never played with them. I found the hydra easy to kill with a charge of wild riders but the rest of their army was causing considerable problems for me, but that's the difference between T3 and T4 (+armor).
I did not think I would see dwarfs out manoeuvring elves though. Although I didn't know about the miners.

Your report was at some points hard to follow, the pictures made it clear. May I suggest that you divided each turn into phases or follow a unit through and through, it got a bit jumpy at a few places.

Thanks for charing
Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Dragon halitosis »

Thanks for the feedback. I will see what I can do for clarity. Usually these report rely on photos and notes taken in the heat of battle... And while enjoying a few ales, so a few events may get lost in the fray. Some structure in the writing may assist.