Razorfate's Batreps- 3rd Batrep vs Daemons of Chaos

Here is the place for all your reports of battles against those who seek to defile our sacred glades.

Moderator: Council of Elders

razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Razorfate's Batreps- 3rd Batrep vs Daemons of Chaos

Post by razorfate »

Hi fellows,

I will try to make a batrep blog of my wood elves in this thread. As this will be my first report, please do not be harsh in your judgements but positive critisim will always be welcome :nod:

We are making a warhammer fantasy league in our club in Istanbul with 14 players. This is my second battle as my army is fairly new. I am playing with a MSU style avoidance army in the steps of Nonnosite and Swordmaster of Hoeth from Ulthuan.net. I will add more waywatchers, wildriders and Sisters to my army as i love the movement phase most of all.

Btw, English is not my native language, sorry for my linguistic mistakes :)

Wood Elves vs Brettonia - 2500 pts
Wood Elves vs Warriors of Chaos - 2500 pts
Wood Elves vs Daemons of Chaos - 2000 pts
Last edited by razorfate on 04 May 2015, 22:32, edited 8 times in total.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Razorfate ' Battlereports - BR01

Post by razorfate »

Batrep01 - Wood Elves vs Brettonia - 2500 pts

Scenario : Dawn Attack
Tableside Chooser: Wood Elves
First Deployment: Brettonia
First Turn: Wood Elves (Brettonian player gave the first turn to pray to the Lady.

Armies:

Wood Elves
Spellweaver (Lvl4, High Magic, 4++Talisman,Elven Steed, Earthing Rod) - 310 pts
Spellsinger (Lvl2, Metal Magic, Dispell Scroll) - 140 pts
Glade Captain (BSB,HoDA,Charmed Shield, Asrai Spear, Moonfire Arrow, Obsidian Trinket,Elven Steed) -164 pts
Glade Riders #10 (Full Command, HBA) - 255 pts
Glade Riders #7 (Musician,HBA) - 164 pts
Glade Guard#12 (Full Command, TFA) - 210 pts
Deepwood Scouts#10 (HBA) - 160 pts
Deepwood Scouts#10 (HBA) - 160 pts
Sisters of the Thorn#5 (Full Command, Standard of Discipline) - 175 pts
Wild Riders#5 (Full Command) - 160 pts
Wardancers#5 - 75 pts
Great Eagle - 50 pts
Great Eagle - 50 pts
Waywatchers #5 - 100 pts
Waywatchers #5 - 100 pts
Treeman - 225 pts

Spells:
Soul Quench, Hand of Glory, Walk Between the Worlds, Arcane Unforging
Searing Doom, Enchanted Blades

Brettonia
(As i do not have the army list, i can't give the exact points or magical items...)

Brettonian General (1+, 4++ ,Reroll armour saves)
Prophetess (Lvl4, Heavens, Dispell Scroll, Warhorse)
Damsel (Level 2, Life)
BSB
Kinghts of the Realm #12
Knights of the Realm #11
Knight Errants #6
Knight Errants #6
Grail Knights #5
Pegasus Knights #6
Peasant Archers #12
Peasant Archers #12
Trebuchet
Trebuchet

Spells:
Iceshard Bllizard, Harmonic Convergence, Curse of the Midnight Wind, Comet of Casandora
Earth blood, Throne of Vines

Terrain:

I chose the south side in order to place my archers inside buildings to hide from Bretonnian's peasent archers and trebuchets which can hurt my frail elves with lucky to hit rolles.

Deployment:
The Brettonian player tried to deploy his forces as evenly as possible across his deployment zone due to the random deployment rules of the Dawn Attack Scenario. The Wild Riders and Sisters vanguarded towards the western side of the battlefield to achieve refused flank. As my army had 4 scouting units i also deployed these at the western field.
Mistake: I simply forgot to deploy my wardancers and treeman as i do not use them frequently. :confused:

1st Turn : Wood Elves
The Sisters shuffles westward to command the army from a central position. The Great Eagle on the east side moves slightly forward. The magic phase was uneventful, as the arcane unforging did not work on the damsel. The Hand of Glory was cast on WayWatchers inside the building. Only one pegasus knight died with arrows from the whole elven army.

1st Turn: Brettonia
Whole Brettonian knights rode their horses onwards to reach the elven lines. The eastern units wheeled towards west while the Pegasus Riders sook the cover of the central hill.

2nd Turn: Wood Elves
Ambushing Glade Riders do not arrive. The Eastern Great Eagle moves to block the Realm Knigght Unit while the Spellweaver and her sisters move through the Bretonnian army out of their charge arcs. The Wild Riders rode westward and turn towards the marching realm knight units.
Soul Guench spell killed 2 grail knights which were immune to panic. 1 more pegasus knights and 2 knight errants died from combine shooting from the whole army including the Hail of Doom Arrow. The Brettonian knights had strenghten their armour well against the elven arrows!

2nd Turn: Brettonia
The knight of the realm unit charged, killed and overran towards the elven lines because of the wrong facing of the great eagle. The pegasus knights hide behind the emmpty building inside the elven deployment zone. While the knight errant unit moved towards the elven waywatchers to charge them in the next turn. Exceptional arhcery killed two deepwood scouts as one sister died by a trebuchet shot.

3rd Turn: wood Elves
The Glade Riders arrive from the Bretonnian player's deployment zone. The Spellweaver and sisters unit with the BSB moves to their center at the flank of the marching realm knight units. The remaining great eagle moves to block the grail knight with the Brettonian general while the glade guard unit shuffles around to shoot at the hiding pegasus knights. The wild riders moved again towards west to find an opening at the Bretonnian ranks.
The magic phase was pretty uneventful as the searing doom was dispelled by the prophet.
The shooting saw two pegasus knights dead as well as two of the knight errant unit preparing to charge the waywatchers, they lost their nerve and fleed from the battle. The eastern trebuchet was harmed by the poisionus arrows of the arriving glade riders.

3rd Turn: Brettonia
Once again the blocking great eagle failed its job as it was caught from its flank by the prophet's honour guard. The pegasus knights charged at the glade guard unit and striked at the spellsinger who dodged all their blows but one while reading her dispel scroll to dispel comet spell of the prophetess at the same time. The resolute archers showed their mettle and wounded one of the pegasus riders. Two of the deepwood scouts were killed by the trebuchet shot while the other trebuchet misfired and was in need of repair. As the remaining scouts lost their heart at the sight of their dying friends they fleed towards their table edge and panicked the nearby waywatchers hiding inside the building. The Bretonnian general joined the second realm knights unit while the two remaining grail knights shuffled towards the elven lines. The peasant archers reformed and shoot at the arriving glade riders killing two of their number. The damsel cast both throne of vines and earthing blood.

4th turn: Wood Elves
The elven battle standard bearer charged at the peasant archers while the glade riders charged at the trebuchet crew which was butchered at the points of the elven spears, then the glade riders overran into the archer unit to join their BSB. The Wild Rider unit caught the grail knights from their flank and swiftly dispatched while howling their battle hymns. They overran into the knight errants who forgot to make their fear tests. The damsel and the archers fleed from the glade riders towards the safety of their lines. Only five of their numbers were dead thanks to the regerenation spell of the damsel. The glade rider unit tried to catch them but failed. The battlestandard bearer rested at the shadow of the human house. The fleeing waywatchers steeled their nerves and hide behind the farm house. The deepwood scouts unable to master their fears ran towards the table edge but stayed inside the battlefield.
The spellsinger fell from a fierce blow from a pegasus hoof and the glade guard left the battle to carry away the spellsinger's body to cure her from her wounds. The pegasus riders dived deep inside the forest to find them to no avail.

4th Turn: Brettonia
The realm knights charged at the rear of the wild riders who slayed three of their numbers. The knights and their lords slew four of the wild riders in honour of their fallen brothers. The remaining wild rider tried to run away to safety but was caught by a strong knight errant who had fire of vengeance in his eyes. The damsel ashamed of herself got her manners together under the scrutinizing gaze of the prophetess. The Brettonian battle standard bearer ordered his unit to turn towards the elven witch. The pegasus knights unable to find the glade guard unit returned to their duities at the battle field.

5th Turn: Wood Elves
The elven battle standard bearer joined the glade riders atop the hill while the other glade rider unit rode through the flank of the brettonian knights. The soul quench spell killed 3 of the realm knights. A flaming moonfire arrow ended the regerenation of the damsel and her archers and they were pierced by many poisoned arrows of the riders. The waywatchers entered inside the farmhouse and killed the last pegasus riders. The deepwood scouts saw this and finally stopped running and turned back. The combined shooting from the other waywatcher unit and deepwood scouts killed 2 more knight errants. The anger in the eyes of the knight errant who slew the last wild rider was enough to rally his friends who thought to flee.

5th Turn: Brettonia
The brettonian general left the ranks of his realm knights and joined his battle standard bearer and prophetess to discuss what to do against this highly mobile elves. His army was turning and turning around the battlefield to try to charge at the puny elves who always succedded to get away! The heroic knight errant took his friends with him and rode his horse towards the cowardly elven scouts.

6th Turn: Wood Elves
The elves continued their dance around the battlefield and posiitoned themselves to shoot at the few remaining realm knights. They took deliberate care to stay away frm the charge arcs of the knights. A massive soul quench spell took the lives of all the realm knights . The way watchers and the deep wood scouts killed all the knight errants except their leader whose eyes was burning with holy wrath!

6th Turn: Brettonia
The battle saw its end by the final battle cry of the last alive knigt errant in the battle field. His battlecry froze the hearts of elven scouts and his holy armour in possesion of his family from many generations protected him from posinous arrows. He killed the elves and caught them before they fleed off the battlefield!
The Brettonia was defetated but not without honour thanks to the valiant deeds of one knight errant!

Final Score: 1256 - 795 Wood Elf Victory
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Razorfate's Batrep-01 - Wood Elves vs Brettonia-2500 pts

Post by razorfate »

Batrep-02: Wood Elves vs Warriors of Chaos

Scenario : Battleline
First Turn: Wood Elves

Armies:

Wood Elves
Spellweaver (Lvl4, High Magic, 4++Talisman,Elven Steed, Earthing Rod) - 310 pts
Spellsinger (Lvl1, Metal Magic, Dispell Scroll) - 105 pts
Shadow Dancer (Lvl 1, Shadow Magic, Potion of Strength, Dragonbane Gem)
Glade Captain (BSB,HoDA,Charmed Shield, Asrai Spear, Starfire Arrow, Obsidian Trinket,Elven Steed) -166 pts
Glade Riders #10 (Full Command, HBA) - 255 pts
Glade Riders #6 (Musician,HBA) - 142 pts
Glade Guard#13 (Full Command, TFA, Banner of Swiftness) - 240 pts
Deepwood Scouts#9 (HBA) - 144 pts
Deepwood Scouts#9 (HBA) - 144 pts
Deepwood Scouts#6 (HBA) - 96 pts
Sisters of the Thorn#5 (Full Command, Standard of Discipline) - 175 pts
Wild Riders#5 (Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame) - 170 pts
Wardancers#5 - 75 pts
Great Eagle - 50 pts
Great Eagle - 50 pts
Waywatchers #5 - 100 pts
Waywatchers #5 - 100 pts

Spells:
Soul Quench, Fiery Convocation, Walk Between the Worlds, Arcane Unforging
Searing Doom

Picture of The Wood Elves

Warriors of Chaos
(As i do not have the army list, i can't give the exact points or magical items...)

Chaos Lord (General, Juggernaught, 1+, 4++, Mark of Khorne)
Unkillable BSB (Demonic Steed, 1++, 3++, Mark of Tzeench)
Demon Prince (Fly, Mark of Nurgle)
Chaos Sorcerer (Lvl1, Death Magic, Dispel Scroll,Mark of Nurgle)
Chaos Warriors #20 (Full Command, Mark of Nurgle,Banner of Swiftness)
Marauder Horsemen #5 (Musician)
skulcrushers of Khorne #3
Gorebeast Chariot
Chimera (Regerenation, Breath Weapon)
Chimera (Regerenation, Breath Weapon)

Spells:
Spirit Leech

Picture of the Warriors of Chaos

Terrain:

Deployment:
The wood elves went for the refused flank strategy. My deployment order was: GE, GE, Sisters of the Thorn, Wild Riders, War Dancers, Glade Guard, then scouting units.
I redeployed the sisters and the wild riders with their vanguard moves. I mistakenly put the venom thicket after deploying my glade guards as i did not and ( still do not) know the rules by heart then...:(

1st Turn: Wood Elves
The combined shooting from the waywatchers and glade guards sees one skullcrusher dead.
The posioned attacks of the scout units put two wounds at the chimera behind the farmhouse.

1st Turn: Warriors of Chaos
The chimera is wounded in its charge by the hag bane arrows of the scouts it charged at. The elves shows their mettle once more in combat by wounding the monster but they weren't able to deal the final wound. The monster eats them all! Then it reforms on the spot towards the elven forces. The rest of the chaos army moves towards the elves without breaking their army formation.

2nd Turn: Wood Elves
The spellweaver, her standard bearer and the sisters move towards the flank of the skullcrushers and the chaos lord while the spell singer leaves her unit to cast searing doom. Both of the great eagles moves to block the invaders. The wardancers moves to block the gorebeast chariot.
The searing doom spell and the arrows of the waywatchers wounds the chaos lord and one of his retinue.
I also forgot to roll for the ambushing glade riders...

2nd Turn: Warriors of Chaos
Majority of the chaos army charges this turn with a mighty roar! The rampaging chimera charges and destroys the second deep wood scouts then it overruns into the spellsinger and promtly destroys her too. (Note that there is a mistake here, as the chimera shall not have made a second combat with the spell singer and therefore could not have killed her in this turn...)
The chaos lord and his skullcrushers destroys the waywatchers. Then they swiftly reform to face the spellweaver unit.
The BSB kills the great eagle and this panicks the waywatchers inside the building which ran away as fast as they can. The bsb overruns through the elven lines.
The chaos warriors swiftly dispatches the second eagle and reforms to face their destination.
The wardancers makes their ward save dance but the murderous gorebeast and the chaos marauders kill them no matter what! Still four marauder horsemen dies at their attempt.

Photo from the 2nd Turn

3rd Turn: Wood Elves
The ambushing glade riders arrives. The western riders take the last wound of the chimera that killed so many of their kin before. The eastern riders and nearby scouts only take 1 wound from the other chimera.
The wild riders charges the chaos lord and his retinue but they are killed to the last men, before they fall they kill another skullcrusher.
The sisters move towards the chaos deployment zone behind the gorebeast chariot. The spellweaver casts a mighty soul quench spell that incinerates the gorebeast.
The shadowdancer inside the glade guard unit casts melkor's myasma to the large chaos warrior unit and reduces their speed.

3rd Turn: Warriors of Chaos
The remaining chimera charges at the glade guard unit. The shadow dancer drinks his strength potion and makes the +1 attack dance. He kills the monster quickly.
The unkillable BSB charges and destroys the deepwood scouts, he then reforms and faces the glade guards.
The chaos lord and the lone skullcrusher tries to charge the spell weaver's unit but they fail their charge.
The chaos warriors try to reach the actual battle.

Photo from the 3rd Turn

4th Turn: Wood Elves
The spellweaver and the sisters move to the flank of the chaos lord. Soul quench spell, hail of doom arrow and the posionous javelins and the hag bane arrows kills the last skullcrusher.
The second unit of glade riders flanks the BSB but they fail to harm him.
The waywatchers move though the flank of the chaos warriors and put one of the warriors down.

4th Turn: Warriors of Chaos
The Chaos BSB charges at the glade guards and challenges the elves. The shadow dancer answers his challenge and begins to make his 3++ ward save dance. Neverthless the BSB cuts him down but loos the combat due to CR. The BSB holds and the combat continous.
Chaos Lord seeks refuge of the farm house while the demon prince moves to the other end of the house to cover the charge arcs.
The chaos warriors continue their race to reach the fight.

5th Turn: Wood Elves
The dance of the wood elves continue.
Walk between the earth spell repositions the glade riders to shoot at the enemy general who was covering behind the farm house.
Combined power of an upgraded soul quench spell and hag bane arrows from the glade riders sees the chaos lord dead.
The waywatchers kills the last marauder horseman.
The glade guard champion challenges the BSB and dies. The combat is won by the elves as they have the ranks, the banner and the musician.

5th Turn: Warriors of Chaos
The chaos sorcerer tries to get near the spellweaver to cast spitit leech spell but he fails to cast it.
The demon prince tries to hide behind the farm house to save its skin.
The BSB continoue to kill the elves but their resoulte is firm as they have the rank, standard and musician.

6th Turn: Wood Elves
The combat between the BSB and the elves continous as the elves simply refuses to give in instead of their heavy casualities because they were still steadfast. (The picture isslightly wrong because the majority of the glade guards were outside of the forest. The spellweaver and her unit moves away from the chaos sorcerer. The waywatcher give minor casualities to the chaos warriors. The hagbane arrows of the glade riders could not harm the demon prince.

6th Turn: Warriors of Chaos
The chaos warrior unit tries to swiftly reform and move towards the spellweaver to cast spirit leech but they fail their leadership test as the BSB is very far away from them.
The combat between the BSB and the glade guard was the stuff of the legends because the elves simply refuse to flee with a ld roll of 4.

Wood Elf Victory: 1510 - 938
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Razorfate's Batreps

Post by Mollesvinet »

Hi Razorfate,

Thank you for the reports. I am afraid that I don't have a lot of comments about them, as you already point out the few mistakes you make.

I really like your ability to surround your opponent, some of the pictures seem to have your units all around the battlefield.

Looking forward for more reports.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Hi Razorfate,

Nice reports and great battles.
Your armies look astounding too (both yours and your opponents')

Only thing I'd like to comment in this game against WoC, is on your turn 4.
If you placed your GR to be able to countercharge his BSB in the next turn, in turn 5 you would have had a flank charge, which added to ranks and banner would have put you at +4 CR and he would have had to test with severe modifiers.
It would have been not unlikely to break him then.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

Hi Razorfate,

Thank you for the reports. I am afraid that I don't have a lot of comments about them, as you already point out the few mistakes you make.

I really like your ability to surround your opponent, some of the pictures seem to have your units all around the battlefield.

Looking forward for more reports.
Hi Mollesvinet, i am very glad that you like the reports, i am looking forward to making new ones too. I also want to make vide batreps with the help of my gaming group. Hope that we will make something worthwhile to watch.
Hi Razorfate,

Nice reports and great battles.
Your armies look astounding too (both yours and your opponents')

Only thing I'd like to comment in this game against WoC, is on your turn 4.
If you placed your GR to be able to countercharge his BSB in the next turn, in turn 5 you would have had a flank charge, which added to ranks and banner would have put you at +4 CR and he would have had to test with severe modifiers.
It would have been not unlikely to break him then.
Hi NonnoSte,

I want to thank you back for all the insights you give at your own battlreports. They are very helpful for me and new wood elf players like me.
In our gaming group, the most important rule is to play with fully painted and flocked models, everything comes second.

You are very right in your comment. As i saw my elves fragile in combat and all elven lives too significant to loose, i was very shy to put them into combat. I think after a few battles i will be more daring to make combats. It will also be more fun with my opponents who play combat armies, especially warriors of chaos and demons.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

You're generally right, but with a Chaos Character, as long as you have a champion in your units, you don't have to fear casualties because he's forced to challenge.
In turn 5 you would have accepted the challenge with your GG champ (as you did) and your GR would have brought free +3 CR to the combat (+1 for charge, +1 for flank and +1 for banner)
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

It will be very adventageous while playing against solo moving combat characters like WoC or dark elves. Of course my unit shall not be inside forest to remain steadfast.
HouseofGinaz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Bretonnia

Post by HouseofGinaz »

Cool reports, when I first saw the match up against those chaos warriors with skullcrushers I thought you had lost before the battle began. Those were some skillful moves and tactics.. Awesome :thumbsup:
Doober
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Doober »

Excellent report! It was very enjoyable to read. :)
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

Thank you for your nice comments. It was very fun to write these reports. I was able to play a match each week versus dwarves, beastmen and ogre kingdoms but forgot to take photos. If i can clear my mind and remember the events, i will write them too.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

Wood Elves vs Daemons of Chaos

We played a friendly match with a close friend of mine who is a DoC player.

Army Size:2000
Game Type: Battle Line
First Turn:Wood Elves

Wood Elves:
Beastweaver (Lvl4, Beast Lore, 4++Talisman,Fencer's Blades) - 300 pts
Heavenssinger (Lvl1, Heavens Lore, Dispell Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Obsidian Trinket) - 125 pts
Shadow Dancer (Potion of Strength) - 120
Shadow Dancer (Potion of Toughness, Charmed Shield) - 125 pts
Glade Captain (BSB,Armour of Silvered Steel, Great Weapon, Starfire Arrow, Dragonbane Gem) -160 pts
Eternal Guard #25 (FCG, Standard of Discipline) - 345 pts
Glade Guard #10 (Std, Mus, HBA) - 170 pts
Deepwood Scouts#5 (HBA) - 80 pts
Deepwood Scouts#5 (HBA) - 80 pts
Wild Riders#5 (Cha, Std, Banner of Eternal Flame, Shields) - 170 pts
Wild Riders#5 (Cha, Std, Banner of Swiftness, Shields) - 175 pts
Great Eagle - 50 pts
Waywatchers #5 - 100 pts
Total:2000

Spells:
Wyssan, Amber Spear, Curse, Savage Beast of Horos
Iceshard Blizzard

Daemons of Chaos:
Daemon Prince (Lvl4, Nurgle Lore, Flight, Chaos Armour, ASF Blade) - 480 pts
Herald of Nurgle (BSB, Lvl1, Nurgle Lore, Fencers' Blades, Lesser Locus of Virulance) - 215 pts
Plaguebearers #20 (FCG, Banner of Swiftness) - 305 pts
Plaguebearers #20 (FCG, Std of Discipline) - 290 pts
Beast of Nurgle - 60 pts
Beast of Nurgle - 60 pts
Nurglings #2 - 80 pts
Nurglings #2 - 80 pts
Plague Drones #3 (FCG, Death's Heads) - 225 pts
Skull Cannon of Khorne - 135 pts
Skull Cannon of Khorne - 135 pts
Total:2065 - (My opponent is new to his army and it seems that small mistakes were made)

Spells:
Stream of Corruption, Rancid Visitations, Plague Wind, Do not remember the fourth one
Stream of Corruption

Terrain:

Deployment:

Wood Elves - Turn 1
The eternal guard unit moves toward the center of the table, spread as wide as possible not to suffer heavy casualities from the dreaded cannons of Khorne. The Glade Guard unit marches forward to enter shooting range, The wild rider units move to cover the flanks of the eternal guard star. The beastweaver managed to curse the Plaguebearer unit with herald and cast wyssan's wild form on his own unit. Shooting was pretty ineffective.

Daemons of Chaos - Turn 1

The dameon units move forward. The herald commands its daemons to be slow in order not to test for dangerous terrain. The Daemon Prince flanks the right wild rider unit. Stream of Corruption to the wild riders dispelled but the Daemon Prince cast Plague Wind and killed 3 of the Hunters of Kurnous. The skullcannons of Khorne targeted the Beastweaver but first cannon missed its mark and look out roll were made and ironcurse icon was prooved to be invaluable as the second cannon hit the Beastweaver. (I also want to mention that we played the rules about cannon shooting wrong as the normal infantry can not stop the cannonball if the first target does not suffer a wound unlike monsterous creatures, we stopped the cannonball if the first target did not die)

Wood Elves - Turn 2
The wood elves generally stayed where they are, only the wild rider units move again to the flanks. The 2 elf-strong unit moved to the flank of the Glade Guard who had not moved to shoot at the DP with their posionous arrows. The other scout units aimed at the cannons. One of the cannons were targeted by iceshard blizzard, the other spells were dispelled or failed to cast. A single wound were dealt to the daemon prince, while the cannons made their armour or daemonic ward saves. Not very bright turn for the Wood Elves

Daemons of Chaos - Turn 2
The Plague Drones charged Deepwood scouts 1 who fled, then redirected into the other scout unit which fled to cause the plaguedrones move with a failed charge. Then the left beast of nurgle charged at the DS1 unit which had to flee once more, luckily they stayed at the board with only 2-3 inch away from the edge. The Daemon Prince charged at the Glade Guards who standed and shoot for no effect. Clearly Grand Father Nurgle were protecting his children with his blessings. No spells important to write home about were cast this turn. One of the cannons misfired and the crew were busy to repair it in two turns; the other cannon shoot at the Beastweaver who could not make his LOS save but were saved by his ward save. The Daemon Prince rolled below avarage with his ASF sword and the Glade Guard Unit hold their ground with a steadfast save for...

Wood Elves - Turn 3
...the wild riders to charge at the Daemon Prince from the Flank! Also the eternal guard were inspired by this courages act of the Hunters of Kurnous and reformed into battle formation and moved below the central forest to tempt the damons to charge at them. The couragous wild riders were buffed by wyssan's and the right beast of chaos felled by the combined might of the Amberspear and the asrai bows. In combat the Daemon Prince kept on slaughtering the glade guards but were badly injured by the spears and antlers of the wild riders and their beasts. The demon prince lost the combat but held his ground.

Daemons of Chaos - Turn 3
The herald of Nurgle took the bait and charged at the eternal guard star while the plague drones charged at the second Deepwood Scouts unit. The other plague bearer unit moved to the flank of the EG unit to charge them next turn in the flank. The Demon Prince miscast a spell and both him and the herald suffered a wound. Shooting from the lone working cannon killed one eternal guard (More EG would be killed if we'd played it right but a few deaths of the EG would not change the result of the battle much as you will see) The close combat phase saw the deepwood scouts fled the field, they were chased by the Plague Drones that left the field also. The Daemon Prince killed all but two of the glade guard but were killed by the two wild riders. The magic dominance were Wood Elves' from now on! The daemons were dealt many wounds by the shadow dancers and the EG unit, they lost a few more models from the instability test.

Wood Elves - Turn 4
The Deepwood scouts moved near the chaos lines to act as redirector next turn. The Great Eagle which was hiding behind the tower moved to block the second plaguebearer unit. The five elf stronf wild riders moved behind the fighting plaguebearers unit (The picture wrongly shows them facing the cannons) The Deamon Prince Slayers moved at the flank of the cannons. The winds of magic were not strong but boosted Savage Beast of Horros spell were successfully cast with all the dice. Shooting was again prettf ineffective as the daemonic ward saves were untouchable.
The buffed characters in the beast star butchered more plaguebearers.

Daemons of Chaos - Turn 4
The second plague bearers charged and killed the great eagle, then reformed to face the EG unit. The lone beast of nurgle charged at the deepwood scouts failing to deal any damage. The nurglings moved to block the wild riders' charge while the cannons moved to find juicy targets with no effect.

Wood Elves - Turn 5
The beastweaver again cast the savage beast spell and the plague bearers were butchered, the daemonic instability test killed the last four or five of them. The wild riders recklessly charged and dealt some wounds to the nurglings who killed both of the riders with their return attacks. The other wild rider unit moved at the rear of the cannons. We called the game here as our time was up and the match 's outcome was pretty predictable.

Wood Elf Victory!

Aftermatch Thoughts:
Eternal guard star and beast lore was pretty effective but my list was clearly hampered as i had not enough ranged and magical threats to disrupt my opponent's plans. My list was inspired by @Mollesvinet's Druid&Diviner army. But where he was using two level 4s, i had to use 1 level 4 and 1 level 1 mages. Also the i needed more waywatchers and deepwood scouts for more quality shooting. I had taken 10 strong glade guard unit but as i have very few drops and placed the glade guard early to save the wild riders for a late drop, my opponent could be deployed far from my glade guards' arrows so i had to march them in the first turn out of the forest; altough being out of the forest saved me as i did not loose mt steadfast status. Next time I will try this list with glade riders for more mobile shooting and will add more scouts and waywatchers and upgrade the spellsinger into a spellweaver in 2500 pts version of this list.
Last edited by razorfate on 05 May 2015, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Razorfate's Batreps- 3rd Batrep vs Daemons of Chaos

Post by Mollesvinet »

Hi Razorfate,

Very honoured to be mentioned in your report. It was a very interesting game, and shows the strength of the eternal guard star when the savage beast takes over. I agree on the shortcomings of your list, but it is difficult to fit everything in at only 2000 points. I made a few notes during my readthrough:

You didn't mention it, but did you try some amber spear on the daemon prince during the first couple of turns? The spell is deadly against them!

Your opponent pretty much wasted his drones, chasing after scouts all game is not great value. With their hover movement they should easily be able to get close to EG or WR.

In turn 4 you moved your wild riders behind enemy lines. It may be the diagram that isn't exact, but it looks like you are well within charge range of both skull cannons. He had no more good targets to shoot at, so if I was him I would have definitely charged with both cannon as you can't flee.

good job on the win, looking forward for more reports.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

Hi Mollesvinet,

I'd also like to thank you for your commenting and also inspiring a very fun to play list.:)

I indeed cast Amber spear to his DP but it was dispelled, as i did not take a single photo while playing (i generally forget due to exitement, because of this could not write a battle report about my other games) some details were lost while writing the report.

You are definitely right about the drones he should hold them back for a combo charge with the plaguebearers, he should also hold the dragon prince back too

I think we both forgot the chariot part of the skullcannons, so indeed it was a missed opportunity for him.

Thanks again:)

Cheers
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Oh one thing I forgot to mention. I am afraid your beastweaver is illegal, she has 105 points worth of items. I wen't for 4++, fencers blades and power stone. After the tournament I was considering to go for earthing rod instead of fencers blades, as the dimensional cascade can really destroy your game.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

I checked my army list now. The earthing rod was a copy paste mistake due to my lack of carefulness. I did not bring any arcane items by the beastweaver. I will give him Scroll of shielding as i really liked fencer's blades on my mage. Normally i also give earthing rode to my general.