5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign - Legion of Undead

Here is the place for all your reports of battles against those who seek to defile our sacred glades.

Moderator: Council of Elders

NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign - Legion of Undead

Post by NonnoSte »

Hello, everyone.

The second chapter of the End of Time Campaign at our local gaming club started mid-january and by now, it's long gone too.
I’m a bit behind schedule in reporting, since RL has been particularly demanding in these days and I have barely been able to keep up with games.
Anyway, I’m now a bit more relaxed, so I’ll share with you some details of the campaign, some impressions, some outcomes and, as soon as they’ll be ready, some reports from the matches I played too.

The campaign featured all the new rules introduced by the books ET: Nagash and ET: Glottkin as well as some of the features of the previous campaign we made.
For this chapter we used home scenarios too (based on suggestions from the books) and we added some house rules affecting the battlefield, to recall the background.

In particular, during each game there was the plague sent by Nurgle, moving through the battlefield.
It was represented by the large template, starting in the middle of the battlefield and scattering of a doubled artillery die at the beginning of every turn. A misfire meant that all the battlefield was afflicted for that turn.
All the unit passed over (with the exception of Demonic, Undead, Ethereal, Nurgle marked and Skaven from the clan Pestilens) suffered a penalty of -1Str, -1WS, -1BS and -1I until the end of the turn.
Losing matches made some of your units to become “Poxed”, which means they suffer the effect of the Plague all the time and, in addition, they roll a D6 at the start of each game. According to the result, they gain some other rules (-1 to hit and to be hit, Poisoned attack but then each turn they must take an Ld test or they crumble like the Demonic instability, ItP and fear causing but -3 Ld, 5+ scally skin but D3 wound each turn if aT test is failed).
Winning matches, on the contrary, made one of your units at a time to randomly become immune to the Plague, ItP, Stubborn or increase stats as WS, BS or Ld.

Army allowed were all the WHFB ones, plus Chaos Dwarves.
Legions of Chaos and Legion of Undeath had to be played as per ET rules and you could take alliances too.
Taking ”pure” armies, gave you some bonus features or point discounts on some special characters (normal VP if killed).
Here are the particulars for each army:

Bretonnia: alliances with Empire or Wood Elves. If no ally is elected, charges from a lance formation negate rank bonuses. The Green Knight can be taken for free.
Chaos Legions: as per ET books.
Chaos Dwarves: alliances with Chaos Warriors of Khorne. If no ally is elected, units and non-mage characters can take the Mark of Khorne.
Dark Elves: alliances with Chaos Daemons of Slaanesh. If no ally is elected, units and characters can take the Mark of Slaanesh. 50 pts discount on Hellebron or Morathi.
Dwarves: alliances with Empire or Ogre Kingdoms. If no ally is elected, they have +2 on the roll for the grudge table at the start of the game. 50 pts discount on Ungrim or Bugman.
Empire: alliances with Bretonnia or Dwarves. If no ally is elected, one artillery die per turn can be rerolled. 100 pts discount on Karl Fanz on Gryphon.
High Elves: alliances with Wood Elves or Lizardmen. If no ally is elected, Shield of Saphery is extended to all units within 12” from the caster (18" if from a Large Target). 50 pts discount on Tyrion or Alith Anar.
Lizardmen: alliances with High Elves. If no ally is elected, units within 12” from a mage are immune to the Plague (18" if from a Large Target). 100 pts discount on Lord Mazdamundi.
Ogre Kingdom: alliances with Orcs and Goblins or Dwarves. If no ally is elected, they have +1 on the roll for charges (enabling Ogre Charge special rule on a 9+ as well). 100 pts discount on Greasus or Skragg.
Orcs and Goblins: alliances with Ogre Kingdoms. If no ally is elected, the Whaag! gives +D3 combat resolution instead of +1. 100 pts discount on Wurzag.
Skaven: alliances with Chaos Beastmen of Nurgle. If no ally is elected, clan Pestilens can take the Mark of Nurgle. 50 pts discount on Queek Headtaker or Lord Skrolk.
Legion of Undeath: as per ET books.
Wood Elves: alliances with High Elves or Bretonnia. If no ally is elected, they can place a second forest at the start of the game. 100 pts discount on Orion or Durthu.

In the end we were organised in two factions and a third separate faction for the Legions of Undeath (there were 3 armies of them), which would have fought against both the other factions.

I knew I could have met these forces of Destruction:
Legions of Chaos, Dark Elves, Dark Elves allied with Daemons, Chaos Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins, Ogre.

While on the Order Side we were:
Wood Elves, Empire allied with Bretonnia, Dwarves, Dwarves allied with Empire, Lizardmen, High Elves allied with Lizardmen.

On a last note, once in the Campaign it was possible to take an alternative list (like it was a sideboard) which could be built as a separate army, as long as no Magic Item was present in both lists.
I didn't really liked this trait, but it allowed for more extreme builds and I was ok with my 5 Trees because I knew that in case I met the Legion of Chaos (this player) or Chaos Dwarves I could swap the list for my alternate one, which I planned to counter specifically these two opponents, taking advantage from the alliance with High Elves.
Last edited by NonnoSte on 03 May 2015, 14:42, edited 6 times in total.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign

Post by Mollesvinet »

Wow, quite intricate rules. That should be very interesting indeed. Seems a bit unfair that many forces of destruction are not affected by the plague, do they also not gain bonuses from winning then?
NonnoSte wrote:Winning matches, on the contrary, made one of your units at a time to randomly become immune to the Plague, ItP, Stubborn or increase stats as WS, BS or D.

On a last note, once in the Campaign it was possible to take an alternative list (like it was a sideboard) which could be built as a separate army, as long as no Magic Item was present in both lists.
I didn't really liked this trait, but it allowed for more extreme builds and I was ok with my 5 Trees because I knew that in case I met the Legion of Chaos (this player) or Chaos Dwarves I could swap the list for my alternate one, which I planned to counter specifically these two opponents, taking advantage from the alliance with High Elves.
What stat is D in english?

Having two lists is really neat for the treemen, in case you meet a list full of skull-cannons or the like. Good thing that you are taking advantage here. Looking forward to read about the battles!
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

HA ha!
Sorry, it's Leadership (Disciplina in italian).
I'm fixing it.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

Round 1: Orcs and Goblins - Blood and Glory

The first Match was Against an Orcs and Goblins army, with a “savage” theme in it.
It featured:

Wurrzag, Da great Green Prophet
Savage Orc Big Boss, Sword of Bloodshed
Savage Orc Shaman, L1, Lucky Shrunken Head
Night Goblin Warboss, Battle Standard Bearer
Night Goblin Shaman, L1, Dispel Scroll
Night Goblin Shaman, L1, Channeling Staff (Lore of Undeath)

37 Savage Orcs Big’Uns, full command
30 Night Goblin Spearmen, full command, 3 Fanatics
30 Night Goblin Archers, full command, 3 Fanatics
10 Wolf Riders, mus, std
10 Spider Riders, mus, std
2 x Doom Divers
2 x Boar Chariots
Aragnarok Spider

I was quite happy to know there were no Rock Lobbas, nor Mangler Squigs, since both can ruin a Treeman pretty badly.
On the other hand, I don’t think a Treeman can stand an horde of Savage Orcs Big’Uns, nor it’s particularly happy to receive Doom Divers to the face.
All the poisoned attacks from Spiders can be an issue too, but, fortunately there are not so many.

Magic

Life Ancient: Flesh to Stone, Throne of Vines, Shield of Thorns, Regrowth.
Undeath Ancient: Call of the Grave, Soul Stealer, The Herald.
Durthu: Wyssan’s Wildform.
Metalsinger: Searing Doom, Final Transmutation.

Wurrzag: Brain Busta, Hand of Gork, ‘Ere We Go!, Foot of Gork
Orc Shaman: ‘Eadbutt.
Goblin Shaman: Curse of da Bad Moon
Undeath Shaman: Call of the Grave.

No Dwellers to deal with all the big blocks, but fortunately the Metalsinger rolled a double so I could take Final Transmutation.
My hope was he wouldn’t be able to raise too many zombies or the Treemen would have found some hard time to stomp that many infantries.

We rolled for Scenarios, obtaining Blood and Glory.
For the Campaign, this scenario (as each other) was subject to some changes compared to the BRB one.
Starting with different deployment zones (one was the B&G Deployment zone, massed on one corner and the other one was split on a strip on the other side of the table and a small area on the flank opposite to the corner), we also ruled that breaking your opponent first gave you 150 VP instead of the automatic victory and other 150 VP were earned for finishing the game unbroken.

With this in mind, I knew I had to be very aggressive, since he had more standards and in much more resilient units.
At the same time, I couldn’t afford to lose too many banners, because just one plus my exposed general would have been enough to break.

This scenario also featured the Mad Prophet. He’s a model placed in the middle of the table, which moves 2D6” in a random direction.
All units within 6” suffers the effects of the Plague (see first post for details) and if he hits a unit it bounces over it like Fanatics.
The unit has then to make an Ld test with -3Ld if it has a banner. If passed, the unit gains ItP and Stubborn for one whole turn, otherwise it suffers 2D6 hits at Str2 with no armour saves allowed and it’s considered Poxed for the rest of the match. ItP units automatically fail the test, while units which are Demonic, Ethereal, Undead, Nurgle Marked or from Clan Pestilence are immune to the effects of the Mad Prophet.
It’s to be noted that in this match the Prophet almost never contributed. He run towards the bottom left corner of the field and never got out again.

Deployment and Vanguard

I had to choose where to deploy, and I elected to stick in the corner, choosing the side where the buildings provided some shelter and using my two forests to enclose the whole area.
I hoped he would have split his forces to try and surround me, allowing my Trees to work in pairs on separated threats. Obviously he did not.
On the bright side, this meant he found himself clustered in the small strip on his side and this slowed him down for some time in the match.
I placed Glade Guards on the edge of the deployment zone, ready for some urban warfare between the buildings and Wild Riders ended on the flank to get behind his lines.
Treemen covered the backline on both side of the buildings, with my general in the middle.
With Vanguard he closed on my Deployment Zone and I sent my Wild Riders up his flank.

Turn 1 – Treemen

Deadly Asrai arrows scare off Goblin Cavalries.

Glade Guards moved in and out of buildings, to get more favourable targets (specifically, the Metalweaver moves in range for Final Transmutation on Savage Orcs). Wild Riders started to encircle the enemy.
I tried to draw some dice or the scroll with a Searing Doom on the nearest chariot, but it’s let trough and the chariot suffers a single wound. Everything else get dispelled.
The combined effort of Trueflight and Hagbanes whittled Goblin fast cavs. Wolf Riders couldn’t keep the nerves and fled.

Turn 1 – Greenskins

Goblins, in rampage, try to vindicate their companions.

Archers failed animosity and went crazy on the Trueflight Glade Guards in the building, quickly followed by Spider Riders. Spearmen moved too and suddenly a cloud of fanatics sprung out from the two units, but none of them seems able to hit anything and this will go on the whole game, until they either explode or fall from the table (actually they passed a couple of times through the Night Goblin themselves and through the Savage Orcs, but killed something like 4-5 models total).
An IF Foot of Gork stomped a bunch of Elves and this will be a common pattern through the whole game as well. This time it was HBT Glade Guards turn.
One Doom Diver landed on the already depleted HBT Glade Guards, leaving just a third of the unit standing, while the other took an awkward twist, splintering his own crew.
In the building, the trained elven troops killed all but one Spider Rider before they even attack and only a couple fall from the attacks from Night Goblin, drawing combat.

Turn 2 – Treemen

Buying more times. Will it pay back?

Asrai troops reposition slightly, forming a line around the bottom building to hold the advance of the Greenskins. Wild Riders are called back by their general, to set some countercharge on the unavoidable crushing wave reaching the line.
The Life Ancient managed to put up the Throne of Vines, while the Goblin Shaman doesn’t trust enough the protection provided by his Prophet and burns the Dispel Scroll on a Final Transmutation.
In the meanwhile, Elven shooting took away another couple of wounds, which sent Wolf Riders running for the hills and put to rest the last Spider.

Turn 2 – Greenskins

Tactical withdrawal

The colossal Aragnarok Spider charged the Glade Guards regiments, but they fled to safety with ease, seeking shelter by the wood. On the other side, Spearmen Goblins were overconfident on their short legs and didn’t reach the nearest Treeman, exposing themselves in the open.
Gork this time choosed to stomp Wild Riders and none survived the wrath of the Green God. Anyway, the Undeath Goblin Shaman, while he was trying to call some zombies from their graves, killed himself with the Mushroom after the wound taken by the magic backlash caused by his Prophet.
Lastly, a couple of Glade Guards fell from some Goblin lucky arrows, which managed to find some hole in the building walls.

Turn 3 – Treemen

Countercharge

The forest itself decided to unleash its power and almost any Treeman stormed on the approaching foes. Only Durthu didn’t manage to reach his prey, and finished his rampage not far from his leader, who moved in to the wood to call on the power of the Ancients.
Archers repostioned themselves, bringing the Metalsinger in the nearby wood too, again to seek the ancients blessing (the diagram doesn’t show it right, since it looks too far, but the single rank was enough to place the mage in the wood).
The Life Ancient got back his Throne of Vines just dispelled, then his brother summoned a block of dead bodies to stop the advance of the Savage Orcs and the Metalsinger couldn’t find the power to transform them into golden statues.
Goblins were splattered to the ground by the two mighty Trees, who even chased them to the last man after they broke (they ailed the steadfast Ld9 test, so I had a bit of luck on my side here).
On the other side the lone Treeman couldn’t whack the overgrown spider, who showed himself quicker than it looked and even pierced his thick bark (I tried to Treewhack the Aragnarok Spider something like 9 times during the match and it failed just one last I test).

Turn 3 – Greenskins

The Green Wave looks unstoppable, but Treemen hold their ground.

One Chariot slam onto the Treeman engaged with the Aragnarok, while the other is sent flying through the battlefield by the mighty Hand of the Greenskin God himself. Anyway, the thick bark showed to be tougher than expected and bounced the Chariot with no effort, almost reducing it to splinters.
In the meanwhile the godly feet went on stomping the elven archers and Night Goblins could even land some arrow on the Metalsinger unit from the building she just left.
Savage Orcs were not impressed by the wall of flesh in front of them and in a single blow they wiped out the entire unit of zombies (producing something like +17 CR, thanks to the Waaagh!), tough they found themselves running in a venomous thicket afterward.

Turn 4 – Treemen

Counterattack!

Durthu and the Life Ancient decided to strike back.
Some lucky Winds of Magic and unlucky dispel rolls let the general rebuild his Throne of Vines and even rise a Shield of Thorns around him, while the Undeath Ancient summoned a Wraith in front of the Savage Horde to lure them further in his wood after the Metalsinger escaped them moving through well known paths.
Elven archery got rid of the fleeing Chariot and wounded the other one, but the powerful poison of the Aragnarok started to affect the Treemen as soon as Durthu managed to break its hard shell.
Goblins in the house fell in droves to the thorns cropped up from the Ancient bark, but the building offered them the shelter they needed not to flee away. (I completely forgot to consider building rules before declaring the charge. It was quite pointless)

Turn 4 – Greenskins

One last rampage.

Savage Orcs couldn’t control their frenzy and charged the ethereal figure in front of them, while their general decided to take on the Life Treeman on his own (we misplayed it here, since he couldn’t elect another target to charge while his unit declared the first charge. But the outcome was not much different). The Orcs went lost in the deep of the woods and their leader just spiked himself on the magical shield.
The last Foot of Gork is stopped by the Metalsinger, thanks to her arcane scoll, but nothing can be done for the last Glade Guard left in the open in front of the rain of arrows from the Goblin Archers.
On the western flank the Aragnarok went on avoiding the blows from the Trees and stabbing with poisoned stings both the Treeman and Durthu, almost rotting their core.

Turn 5 – Treemen

The Aragnarok takes its victims, but the Orcs demise is near.

Taking advantage of their confusion, Treemen stormed on the Savage Orcs and, even if the Life ancient couldn’t call on the powers of the woods, they were dispersed and chased until there was none standing. Anyway this meant that Durthu and his companion couldn’t be healed back and the Aragnarok sucked out the last drops of life left in them.
The Metalsinger managed to gather the powers slipped from the Ancient and half of the Goblins in the building were turned in golden statues. Their comrades fell to panic and even their boss could do nothing to prevent them from fleeing in fear.
At this point the army was broken, but Greenskins would not surrender.

Turn 5 – Greenskins

Aragnarok alone tries to claim its last victim.

Everyting was lost, but the enormous beast lept onto the Life Ancient from behind the buildings, to try and poison him to death too.

Turn 6 – Treemen

Any menace is put to rest.

All the Treeman joined the general to take down that last threat and the Aragnarok failed to dodge the giant branches at last and fell dead.
A second attempt by the Metalsinger transforms even the Goblin Boss into a piece of gold and nothing is left of the Greenskins once Glade Guards manage to shot down the last man of the warmachine crew.

After match thoughts:

In the end it was 20-0, since I also got the 300VP for breaking my opponent and finished the game unbroken.
It was a funny game, even if all those infantries were not really suited to stand the Treemen weight and the two potential nuke spells. My opponent also made some mistakes, which allowed me to take the combats where and when I wanted.
The Aragnarok turned out to be much more dangerous than I tought, but I, more than anyone, should have known that T6 is hard to take down, even with just a 4+.
I made a mistake charging the building with the Treeman Ancient, since there was nothing to gain from that. I actually don’t know what I thought when I decided to go for it.
The Aragnarok fight also featured some mistakes.
I stubbornly tried to Treewhack it the whole game, when 5 attacks hitting on 3+ and wounding on 5+ should score a wound per turn on average and the addition of Durthu could easily triple that number, taking down the aragnarok in 3 or 4 rounds of combat at worst.
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Post by nXken »

Nice to see this bat-rep.

O&G is a possible second army for me :)

I would also run a deathstar of Wurrzagh and SO's.... But i'ld do it on boarback.

Good job on the trees.

Too bad to see the undead ancient was a bit ... underperforming =/ (imho)

GL with the next challenge!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Great battle, good to see the old treemen kicking some behind.

What happened with his doom divers? They are only mentioned once, so I suppose they just didn't do a lot?

Good game overall, Turn 5 Treemen was really something. Durthu and a treeman annihilated at the same time as the other treemen pulp the savage orcs. So many points destroyed on both sides.

Non-boosted searing doom is really hit or miss, unless fired at a treeman of course. While brave, I think it was the right decision to let it go on your turn 1 and dispel the rest.

Finally I just wanted to point out that, unless I am mistaken, that a unit leaving a building cannot move further. So on turn 3, you couldn't move your glade guard and metal mage so far. In this case, I don't think it made a lot of difference overall though.

Thanks for the write up and congratulations on the win!
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

nXken,
Actually the Undeath Ancient performed as a regular Treeman and provided some bait to lead frenzied Savage Orcs around.
I don't expect him to do much more in fact.
Surely it would be nice to simply raise big units of Varghaist or Blood Knights who raped the whole enemy's backline, but it's not always needed.
I really used the Searing Doom threat and the Final Transmutation this game, as well as the Lifebloom for each Life spell that was cast.

Mollesvinet,
One Doom Diver Catapult misfired turn 1 and the other just tried to whittle Glade Guards unit, to take out standards.

Turn 5 was really the turning point.
The Savage Orcs were dragged into the forest, so I knew I could break them with a good combo charge and Treemen are just ace against infantries.
The Aragnarok really surprised me.
It and the Treeman pillow-fighted for a whole turn, with even a chariot bouncing away from that combat. I couldn't imagine that it would have splintered two Treemen backed up by Lifeblossom so quickly.
In turn 5 I couldn't cast a single Life spell, so no wound were healed when I needed it the most.

I know I can't move after leaving a building, in fact I just reformed the unit in a single line and it was enough to have the Metalsinger in the woods. The diagram just happens not to be so accurate, the wood was nearer to the building.
But yes, it did not matter at all in the end.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Ah, so the gladeguard and metal singer is actually conga-lined with their back to the building then? In that case it makes sense again :)
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

Yes, indeed they are.
Unfortunately, I couldn't make the pic accurate, so it doesn't even look like Savage Orcs are in the front arc.

Sometimes on BC it's difficult to place terrains exactly where they are.
In turns then it can turn out that some distances are greater or smaller then they were for real.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: 5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign - Chaos Dwarves

Post by NonnoSte »

Chaos Dwarves - Dawn Attack

There were two opponents who I feared to face during the campaign with the 5 Treemen list.
One of them was the guy I played in the test games with the Khorne Legion featuring double Skullcannon and 3 units of Chosen accompanied by a Warshrine and the other was the Chaos Dwarves player, for obvious reasons.
Needless to say, my fears took shape as in the second turn of the campaign I met exactly the The Legion of Azgorh itself.

With no much need of thinking about it, I decided to burn my alternative army for this match, so this turn my Trees waited on the shelf and this was the combined High and Wood Elves list I played:

Glade Lord on Steed, shield, Giant Blade, Armour of Fortune, Potion of Fools.
Highweaver on Steed, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll, HoDA.
Glade Captain on Steed, great weapon, Armour of Destiny.
High Elf Noble BSB on Barded Steed, shield, lance, heavy armour, BotWD.
High Elf Noble on Barded Steed, lance, heavy armour, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Strength.
High Elf Noble on Eagle (EN1), great weapon, dragon armour, Star Lance, Charmed Shield, OTS.
High Elf Noble on Eagle (EN2), shield, dragon armour, Ogre Blade, Golden Crown of Atrazar.

10 Glade Guards, mus, std, HBT.
9 Glade Riders, fcg, Gleaming Pennant, SSS.
9 Silver Helms, shields, fcg.
9 Sisters of the Thorn, fcg, Razor Standard.
2 x Great Eagle.

An army built with the exact purpose to face war machines (especially flaming ones) and to avoid/pick slow elite infantries.

The 10 Glade Guards are there mainly because of scenarios (some scenarios ask for a unit of infantry with a standard to hold objectives), while everything else in the list is extremely fast and protected.
I also wanted to give a try to Mollesvinet’s unit of Swiftshiver Glade Riders backed up by the Highweaver and, since I was up to include her, I also played a sort of Sisters Bus, with a Giant Blade Lord and a GW Captain.
The last unit is a Silver Helms bus with BotWD BSB and a second Noble with the PoS to provide some grinding power. (with hindsight I should have given him the Ogre Blade and leave the PoS to the second Eagle Noble).
The two Eagle Nobles are perfect to go chasing Skullcannons and K’daai Destroyers, sporting both a 2++ vs fire and providing a real punch, especially on the charge.

On the other side of the table, I was facing:

Prophet Sorcerer on Great Bull (Hashut), Black Hammer of Hashut. 2+/4++
Daemonsmith Sorcerer (Metal), Scroll. 4+
Infernal Castellan BSB. 1+ rr

21 Infernal Guards, Blunderbusses
28 Infernal Guards, Great Weapons, Standard of Movement
Magma Cannon
Rocket Launcher
Hellcannon
K’daai Destroyer

Basically everything a Treeman should fear.

The Sorcerer on the Bull is a flying, extremely well protected mage, mounting a Str6, T6 monster with 5W, 5 flaming attacks and a Breath Weapon. Oh, and his hammer causes auto-death to flammable target that suffer a wound from it. Furthermore, each combat it automatically hits any model in base contact with a Str 4 flaming hit. He's able to wreck any infantry on his own and most characters will have problem to stand a challenge with him. Fortunately all his attacks are flaming AND magical, so all my Asur contingent is well equipped to counter him.
Lore of Hashut is also really annoying, providing a RIP buff which gives hatred, some decent damage spells which are worse if target flammable units and one heck of an hex, which, among other many things (it prevents marchin, charging, the LoS and gives some malus to hit all at once), makes your units flammable.

The Daemonsmith is simply a dwarven Engineer combined with a Metal scroll caddy with the Blackshard Armour (4+/5++ vs fire).

The BSB is a Dwarven BSB with a re rollable 1+.
I doubted I'd have been able to kill him if not with two lucky unforging, so I needed to break his unit to gain his points.

Infernal Guards
Dwarves in Chaos Armours are scary by themselves.
One unit is equipped with great weapons, making them real wood choppers, while the other comes with Blunderbusses.
This weapon is plain silly.
D6 shots each at Str 3 and AP, which ignore multiple shots and movement penalties. If they're 10+ they also ignore long range and if they are 20+ they re-roll all failed to wound rolls. The short range of 12", anyway, makes up for this and all I had to do with those two units was to keep distances and avoid them.

All the artillery was bad news regardless the number.
3 template war machine, with an Engineer to be sure none of them will miss too often. The magma cannon works as a normal Cannon but then it places the teardrop template instead of bouncing. Everything touched suffers a Flaming Str5 hit with D3 multiple wounds. The Rocket Launcher can work either like a mortar, but with the possibility to correct the hit or either like the central hole of a stone thrower (a bit hit or miss, but at Str 9, D6 wounds, it's a good bargain). Lastly, the Hellcannon is nasty on its own in WoC armies, having an Engineer to re roll dice is just sick.

K'daai Destroyer, last but not least by any mean.
Unbreakable, Unstable, Str 7, T6, 6W. 6+D3 attacks due to a special Frenzy, a T-stomp and the Str4 flaming hits at models in base contact. All of this coupled with 4++ save (2++ vs fire) and -1 to be wounded by non-magical attacks.
On the bright side, it has flaming, magical attacks and at the end of every turn from turn 2 on he has to take a T test, which if failed inflicts him D3 wounds.
So I had perfect answers in my Eagle Nobles and there was also the chance he could have wounded himself a couple of times.

Overall, my alternative army had answers to any of the threats posed by his one and there was nothing I didn’t know how to handle.

Magic and Scenario

Highweaver: Soul Quench, Hand of Glory, Apotheosis, Arcane Unforging
Sisters: Curse of Anraheir, Shield of Thorns
Prophet Sorcerer: Breath of Hatred, Ash Storm, Hell Hammer, Flames of Azgorh
Daemonsmith Sorcerer: Final Transmutation

I rolled Hand, Apotheosis and double Tempest which I switched for Unforging and Soul Quench, since his blocks was the least dangerous threat and I had Curse of Anraheir to control them. Afterall they are both T4 with 3+ and 5++ vs fire, so even Fiery Convocation wouldn’t have been of much impact.

We rolled for the Scenario and it was Dawn Attack, but again it was an house version of it.
There are a Defender and an Intruder.
The Deployment zones are similar to Meeting Engagement, but the defender has also a smaller area on the other corner of his side for Sentinels.
The Defender has to deploy first, rolling a dice for each unit. On a roll of 5+ the unit is limited to the Sentinels area.
Then the Intruder can deploy his units and has the first turn too (unless a roll of 6 from the Defender) but he can’t charge the Sentinels turn 1.
At the end of the game, if the Fortitude of the Defender in his deployment zone is higher than the Intruder one, he gains 600 additional VP.
So the Intruder has some big advantages, but starts form a 6-14 and needs to push hard forward.

The Pestilence affected the battlefield as per Campaign rules and it’s represented this time by a red bullseye.

We rolled to see who was going to defend and I won the roll. I chose to attack, since I had the speed to do it and sitting back waiting under all that firepower didn’t look like a good idea.

Deployment and Vanguard

He had the Rocket Launcher, along with the Daemonsmith, and the Hell Cannon deployed as Sentinels. Everything else went down around the hill, on top of which he placed the Magma Cannon.
I placed the Silver Helms bus with 2++ vs magic directly opposite of his Hell Cannon, to charge it turn 2 and the two Eagle Nobles went in front of the K’daai, to intercept it. The Glade Guards hid behind their Venom Thicket and Eagles tried to hide behind the hill as much as possible. The Sisters bus ended central, with the Weaver already inside the forest.
He didn’t seize me the initiative, so I went on in the first turn.

Turn 1 – Elven Host

Cautious advance of the Elves.

Elven troops moved forward cautiously, Glade Guards entered the woods and the Sisters Bus moved slightly, to take the Highweaver in range of the enemy general.
Anyway nothing seems to pass through the Dwarven defense and the only achievement from range is a Curse from Sisters on the Blunderbusses Infernal Guards, to avoid being shred to pieces in the next trurn.

Turn 1 – Chaos Dwarves

Dwarven shooting shows its power.

The K’daai rushed forward, hoping to slip through the elven lines, while the Prophet moved to back up the infatries and gives Hatred to Great Weapon Guards.
Blunderbusses Guards decided non to move at all to avoid suffering casualties from the Curse and couln’t shoot therefore, but war machines had more than enough fire power.
At the end of the turn just 2 Sisters of the Thorn are left standing beside Asrai characters, after Magma Cannon and Rocket Launcher unleashed their shots on them.
Only the Hell Cannon aimed for the Silver Helms, finding out they were protected by the Banner of the World Dragon.

Turn 2 – Elven Host

Elves hit hard, but Dwarves turn out to be really tough

Elven heroes attacked, but the Glade Lord himself was not able to reach his target ending his run alone in the open (I needed a 6 on Swiftstride to charge the Magma Cannon and overrun behind the hill, but I rolled 3, 2, 2). Sisters sacrifice their lives to protect their Lord, while the Highweaver and the Glade Captain joined the freshly arrived Glade Riders.
The elven mage took the souls of two of the Magma Cannon crewmen, but she forgot to shoot the HoDA to finish the last one. In the meanwhile, Glade Guards peppered the Prophet and his flying beast, wounding it twice.
Both the Daemonic constructs took the blow and did no harm back, unable to wound the elves behind their wards. K’daai started to crumble slowly, while the Cannon was unmovable.

Turn 2 – Chaos Dwarves

A secon round of burning hell from dwarven war machines

The Daemonsmith countercharged the Helms Bus to help his beloved monster, but the BSB issued a challenge and made short work of him, while a Potion gave innatural strength to the other Noble, allowing him to wound the Monster repeatedly, but not enough to finish it and the last woun would keep it in play almost to the end of the match eventually.
The Prophet couldn’t control the Flames of Azgorh and broke concentration, as well as the Daemonsmith, while he was trying to transmute an Eagle into a gold bar.
Blunderbusses riddled with bullets the last two Sisters of the Thorn and the Magma Cannon, helped by the Rocket Launcher devastated Glade Riders too. Just 4 managed to remain on the saddle and the Glade Captain was wounded too.
The K’daai couldn’t stand the assault of the two Nobles any more and crumbled beneath their blades. Suddenly the Sorcerer Prophet was in a really bad spot.

Turn 3 – Elven Host

And another hard strike from the Elves.

The Glade Captain decided to go chasing the last dwarf of the Magma Cannon crew by himself rather then wait for magic or arrows to take him down. On the other side of the Battlefield Eagles stormed on the Rocket Launcher crew, instead.
The two High Nobles lowered their lances once again and charged head on the colossal flying bull and its rider. The Star Lance Noble accepted the challenge and stabbed the enemy general in a single blow. The Bull broke, just to be run down and slaughtered.
A spell increased Glade Riders accuracy, but the Blackshards Armours bounced almost all the arrows shot by them and by Glade Guards.

Turn 3 – Chaos Dwarves

Dwarven Infantries are left on their own.

With no magic and no shooting, dwarven troops marched forward, in hope to catch something.

Turn 4 – Elven Host

But Elves are too fast.

Everything moved out of reach and while the fight between the Daemonic Monster and the High Elves Cavalry goes on, the Highweaver started to take Dwarven lives with boosted Soul Quenches.

Turn 4 – Chaos Dwarves

Last acts from Dwarves.

The Dwarven infantries turned around and surprised the Glade Captain, who was standing in the open on top of the nearby hill, shooting him down.
On the other side of the battlefield, the Hell Cannon was killed by the two Nobles at last.

Turn 5 – Elven Host.

Setting up one last trap

Glade Guards pretended to march towards the opponent Deployment Zone to deny him the bonus VP. Doing this, they offered the flank to the Infernal Guards inside the forest.
In the meanwhile the Highweaver, uncontested, burned another bunch of dwarven souls and increased her aim before letting fly the HoDA.
6 Dwarves were left standing beside their leader.

Turn 5 – Chaos Dwarves.

Dwarves take the bait

Infernal Guards charged the elven archers, whose brave sacrifice drew their foes into the forest.

Turn 6 – Elven Host

One last assault.

Infernal Guards, lost in the woods, were surrounded and slained by High Elves heroes and the forest ensured they couldn’t be steadfast.
The Glade Lord once again couldn't reach his prey (again a 6 or 7 on Swiftstride) and the Highweaver with her comrades was left to get the job done.
Wood Elves, from range, tried to get rid of the Dwarves, but the Castellan, wounded, and a single Dwarf survived the arrows and the magic missiles thrown at them.

After match toughts

In the end it was an 18-2 victory, since I lost a good portion of my army too (we give half VP for units under half strength or fleeing at the end of the game) and those last two models alone on the table were worth 400+ VP.
I also took some stupid decisions, like moving the Lord out of his unit first (I should have joined the incoming Glade Riders) and doing the same thing with the Captain later.
The first cost me the Sisters of the Thorn unit, who would have otherwise been able to avoid any threat and even contribute more to the match through magic (Curse is always awesome and Lifebloom would have benefit the Eagle Nobles), while the later was killed outright.

The match was almost too one sided and I felt pretty bad for how much the list looked tailored against him, but then he confessed that this was his alternative list too, which he designed with the exact intention to use it against my 5 Treemen list (and a Legion of Undeath army with triple Terrorgheist and double Corpse Chart, with Ghouls and Crypt Horrors to taste).
So he just got back his own medicine.

As always, any tip, suggestion or comment are more than welcome
Last edited by NonnoSte on 18 Mar 2015, 22:14, edited 4 times in total.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

In that orc fight I might have noticed a thing that make me think I don't understand building fighting completely

Turn 2: do you say you shoot at the unit (spider riders) engaged with the building? Can you do that?
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

Assaulting a building is almost always a bad option, because after the turn of close combat you're "pushed" away from the building and you'll have to assault it again in the next turn.
In the meanwhile you're not engaged, thus targetable by whatever your opponent has to throw at you.

Fighting in a building has completely different rules.
For instance you don't have charge bonuses and cavalries have to dismount to fight (no bonus strength from lances or spears, no augmented AS from the mount and the eventual barding, no attacks from mounts, no impact hits), unless they're Spider Riders.
There's no rank bonus either for the units that assaults, nor for the unit inside the building and both players must elect just 10 models who will fight each round. They can perform their whole number of attacks, regardless of how many models are there in the rank.

That's why charging the building with the Life Ancient in turn 4 was pointless.
I also suspect that if he had not failed animosity with his archers, he wouldn't have charged at all.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Hmm do you get devastating charge if you have to reengage every turn?

I knew most of the rules for building fighting tbh cus while I don't play a lot I'm into the rule book a lot.. the thing about the disengaging/pushing back slipped my mind though. It's a good thing for Woodelves though if we take the folding fortress. If you have a building with 3-4 floors you could even shoot with 15-20 archers at the same time. and your other archers can even shoot at the assaulters.

I've played a few games in my store and there they use buildings as impassable terrain and nothing more since they dislike the assault rules. After looking into the rules again I must say I think the rules are pretty good (somewhat realistic) but I can see the point of the group in my store too.. it make the game completely different.

About the 2 last battles: great plays I'd say. Love how you countered his counter to you treemen.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

@Aezeal You lose all bonuses from charging, when you assault a building. Except for spider riders, as they are specialists. There was a banner in the previous book that let you stand and shoot no matter how close the enemy was, it was really good for defending buildings!

Nice game against the chaos dwarves. I think the two lists you made are perfect to back up each other. The weaknesses of the trees are very clear, and the second list is near perfect against those threats.

It was lucky for you that the glade riders arrived on turn 2, otherwise you might have been in a tough spot with your mage. Too bad you forgot the HODA, it seems that it could have saved your glade riders. Also too bad you only have 1 mage, the power scroll is really nice on the highweaver.

Also, he could have moved his blunderbus men even with curse on them. He only takes the dangerous terrain test if he marches, charges or flee. Not sure if he could reach any of your units by just moving though, so that may have been the reason he didn't move.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Mollesvinet wrote:@Aezeal You lose all bonuses from charging, when you assault a building. Except for spider riders, as they are specialists. There was a banner in the previous book that let you stand and shoot no matter how close the enemy was, it was really good for defending buildings!

Nice game against the chaos dwarves. I think the two lists you made are perfect to back up each other. The weaknesses of the trees are very clear, and the second list is near perfect against those threats.

It was lucky for you that the glade riders arrived on turn 2, otherwise you might have been in a tough spot with your mage. Too bad you forgot the HODA, it seems that it could have saved your glade riders. Also too bad you only have 1 mage, the power scroll is really nice on the highweaver.

Also, he could have moved his blunderbus men even with curse on them. He only takes the dangerous terrain test if he marches, charges or flee. Not sure if he could reach any of your units by just moving though, so that may have been the reason he didn't move.
Could be.. or his opponent told him that every move he made was a DT which failed at 1 and 2 :D
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

Damn, you got me. I'm a dirty cheater.

Actually it's possible he did it.
Looking at the diagrams it seems they're not able to hit my Glade Lord in turn 2, but I know I moved Sisters to avoid having the Lord shred to pieces (I checked and it was necessary).
So it's possible he moved turn 1 (and not marched, to avoid the spell) and then he moved again turn 2.

You know, with those short legs, you can't be really sure if they're actually moving.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Haha yeah I know what you mean. Let alone to tell if they are running or not, the pace they move at is still so insignificant! :D
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: 5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign - Ogre Kingdoms

Post by NonnoSte »

Ogre Kingdom – Ambush

In the third turn of the Campaign my Treemen faced the Ogre army lead by my work buddy.
I knew he made some tweaking to the list since we started to collect models and he even tried some shooting heavy armies a couple of time.
So I was a bit surprised to face once again the very same list we brewed together.
The problem was that I couldn’t remember the characters out-kits, bar that I wouldn’t have to worry about the Hellheart (unless he decided to take it over the Scroll, which I doubted very much).
This trait affected the game more then expected, since I was pretty sure it was the Slaughtermaster who carried the Sword of Antiheroes.
I was wrong:

Tyrant, heavy armour, Sword of Antiheroes, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, OTS.
Slaughtermaster, great weapon, Armour of Silvered Steel, Dawnstone, Dispel Scroll.
Bruiser BSB, great weapon, Armour of Destiny.
8 Ogre Bulls, iron fists.
7 Iron Guts, Dragonhide Banner.
2 Mournfang Cavalry
2 Mournfang Cavalry
4 Leadbelchers
4 Meneaters, brace of pistols, Sniper, Poison.
Sabretusk Tiger
Sabretusk Tiger
Ironblaster

There are two mid-sized blocks meant to carry around characters, which are all very well protected and offer some pretty punch to their units.
In particular, the Tyrant, with Sword of Antiheroes and OTS, is meant to munch through enemy characters and he can wreck Deathstars all by his own. With a 3+/4++ he’s also incredibly well protected for a T5 model with 5W.
Had I knew he was wielding that sword, I would have kept my Trees as far as possible from his unit.
The two Cavalries are hard hitting and very resilient, but the Trees should do well against them and eventually I decided to run the Metalsinger for this exact purpose.
Leadbelchers and Meneaters provide some small fire, with a potential volume of Str4 shots which can’t be ignored.
Sabretusks and Ironblaster are self-includes in any Ogre list, so no wonder in finding theme here too. But while the former are less useful against my list, since there won’t be units to divert or roadblock, the latter can really shine in this matchup.
That chariot, being a cannon, has the potential of taking down a Treeman per turn and even approaching it can be dangerous, since its grapeshot is resolved at Str10 and on the charge it provides D6 Str5 impact hits, 3 Str 5 and 3 Str 4 attacks all on its own. Sum this to T6, 4+ AS and 5W total and it becomes also really hard to put to rest with shooting.

The scenario was one of our home-made scenarios:
There are an Ambusher and a Victim, determined on the roll of a D6 at the start of the game.
The Victim has to deploy his entire force in a strip mid-table 18”wide, from side to side.
The Ambusher then must roll a D6 for each of his unit. On a roll of 3+ he can deploy the unit on one of two 9” wide strips on both table side (the short ones).
Each unit not deployed this way, can then enter the game exactly as it had the Ambusher special rule.
In addition, the Victim must elect secretly one of his characters. That character is the target of the attack and gives 150 additional VP to the Ambusher in case he dies, otherwise he grants those 150 VP to his own army.
After Deployment, the first turn goes to the Ambusher, unless the Victim rolls a 6 to seize the initiative.
As always, the Nurgle Pestilence was on the battlefield, but this time it moved towards the top left corner where no troops were harmed.

In both cases I needed to get rid of the shooting as soon as possible, delaying the rush of the two Ogre blocks at my best.
Sabretusks were mostly to be ignored, since they couldn’t really threaten anything, nor annoy many of my troops, while Mournfangs were more then manageable as long as both couldn’t get too close to my Glade Guards.

Magic

Life Ancient: Awakening of the Woods, Flesh to Stone, Throne of Vines, Regrowth.
Undeath Ancient: Call of the Grave, Soul Stealer, Abyssal Swarm.
Durthu: Savage Beast of Horros.
Metal Singer: Searing Doom, Transmutation of Lead.

Slaughtermaster: Spinemarrow, Bullgorger, Toothcracker, Trollguts.

Deployment

I lost the roll and he predictably chose to attack.
I started deploying after I placed my two forests to create a sort of enclosure with the ruins on the right and the tower in the middle.
Not knowing from where he would have approached, I clustered my troops around the general, facing both sides.
I placed Wild Riders in the middle between the two woods, with the option to vanguard them inside both of them, once I saw where he placed his troops.
He rolled for his units and Ogre Bulls with the Tyrant, Meneaters, the two Sabretusk and the Ironblaster were all held in reserve. Luckily, one less round of cannon shots.
At this point, since he had relatively few units on the battlefield, he went for a tight deployment, but surprisingly he almost hid his troops behind the ruins on the bottom right.

Turn 1 Ogre

Cautious advance.

Against their nature, Ogres decided to move just slightly, buying time for their companions, who missed the appointment for the ambush.
Leadbelchers opened fire, but the woods and the long range made sure Wild Riders could avoid most of the shots. In the Meanwhile, the Slaughtermaster served some magical stew to all his troops, hardening their already thick skin.

Turn 1 Treemen

Elves try to react to the ambush.

The Trees are quick to move and place themselves to intercept the advance of Ogres from behind the ruins.
Just a lone Treeman hangs back, covering the possible appearance of other foes from the back line.
Elves turn to face the threat, but they’re caught off guard and can’t react quickly enough to shoot the gigantic warriors approaching. (I failed Ld10 swift reform on TGG1, so I was also unable to move forward and get in range for a Searing Doom on Mounfangs).
The regiment in the tower, however, managed to take down one of the enemy shooters, but his comrades had nerves strong enough to remain focused on the battle.
The Undeath Ancient raised some Zombies to delay the approaching troops behind the ruins, while his brother had barely the time to build up his Throne of Vines, before the Winds of Magic blew away.

Turn 2 Ogre

Asrai suddenly find themselves surrounded.

Leadbelchers perform an unexpected charge on Wild Riders and took a couple of them down from the saddles with 8 (!!!) impact hits (here I didn’t pay attention to charge arcs and I was too focused on guessing where his other units would have popped out. I was at 16” and he simply rolled the needed 10). Anyway, the Knights of Kurnous managed to kill one of the massive fighter before he even stroke and the others were confused enough to miss the elves, thus drawing the combat.
On the bottom of the battlefield Iron Guts and Mournfangs did a short work of the Zombies, again, producing something like 14 impact hits.
All the missing troops appeared from all the sides. Ogre Bulls decided to come forward in the open, following their main line, while the ranged units sneaked in from behind.
The Ogre shooting started to pull its weight at last.
Meneaters whittled the Metalsinger bunker, while the Ironblaster smashed a Treeman flat in one shot and only luck prevented it to hit Durthu short behind.

Turn 2 Treemen

The elves are quick to react. Almost.

Near the southern forest, the Treeman and Glade Guards get rid quickly of the new threats, while in the north the Metlasinger left her unit to seek the shelter of the woods, knowing they wouldn’t be able once again to be ready on time to face Meneaters, who started to fall to the poisoned arrows of the Asrai archers anyway. (Another Ld10 swift reform failed)
In the meanwhile the Trees got ready to face the incoming giants.
The Life Ancient raised the two dead Knights (stupidly, since I would have benefit most for them not wiping out the Ogres here and I could have brought back some Archers instead).

Turn 3 Ogre

Ogres try to make their tonnage matter

Ogre charged Wild Riders, left alone in the open, and wiped them out with just the impact hits.
Mournfang also tried to break through, but Durthu showed he could handle two overgrown pigs by himself, killing one outright.
Meneaters kept softening the archer unit, while the rest of the massive warriors closed on the Elven troops from behind the ruins.

Turn 3 Treemen

Treemen attack. Was it wise?

Treemen attacked the Incoming Ogres, while Elves generally got out of the way, peppering the Meneaters.
Here things started to turn bad.
A boosted Savage Beast got scrolled and while Durthu killed the second Mournfang and got out of combat (although severely wounded) the two Ancient who leapt on the Ogre Bulls were in a far worse spot.
The Life Ancient challenged, knowing that with just 5 attacks the Tyrant couldn’t pose an immediate threat and, in time, the Undeath Ancient would have been able to whack enough Ogre to eventually break them.
Everything was still going to be fine, except for the Sword of Antiheroes.
7 attacks at Str7 caused 4 wounds on the Life Ancient and to add insult to injury, both the Tyrant and the Bull passed their I test, so I lost combat pretty badly.
The Undeath Ancient failed his stubborn Ld10 break test, while the Life one (the one I would have been glad to see running to safety) did not and sticked around.

Turn 4 Ogre

Ogres keep on pushing

Meneaters charged the Archers in front of them, who fled, and failed the redirection test.
Iron Guts charged the same fleeing Archers too, but they were able to redirect on Durthu.
Once again, 7 impact hits managed two wounds, but this time Durthu’s challenge was accepted by the unit champion who was smashed to the ground for the effort before he could even swing his clumsy club.
The last Cavalry charged the Treeman in the southern wood too, but this time impact hits wounded the Tree just once, while he whacked one of the beast and run down the other.
In the North, the Tyrant failed his fear test, so the Life Ancient managed to survive the challenge for one more round.

Turn 4 Treemen

Treemen try to turn the tide

The lone Treeman run to rescue his leader, but he was too late.
Durthu’s challenge was accepted by the BSB this time and he could deal a single wound to the colossal flag waver, who splintered the old Treeman for good with his enormous sword. The younger one also was severely wounded by Ogrin great weapons.
The Life Ancient in the meanwhile recovered from his wounds thanks to his magic and also regrowth the ranks of the fleeing archers nearby (who failed the rally test at Ld 10).
Thanks to the increased toughness the Tyrant did no damage through the thick bark, but he passed once again his I test. Ogre won combat thanks to ranks and standard and the fight went on.
In all of this, Elven archers managed to finish off Meneaters, who couldn’t flee the rain of arrows thrown at them.

Turn 5 Ogre

Ogre fighters are unstoppable

Iron Guts took down the last Treeman after one of them got whacked to the ground and the Tyrant, reinforced by Ogrin magic, wounded twice the Ancient, who eventually broke, but reached the safety of his woods.

Turn 5 Treemen

Elves won’t surrender

The Life Ancient spent all his powers to heal himself back, regrowing the fleeing archer unit to full size (who failed again its Ld 10 rally) and unleashing the wrath of the woods on the approaching Ogres, who were also targeted by the Glade Guards.
(edit: I can’t recall what the wound on the Undeath Ancient stand for, probably it just doesn’t exist. Sometimes BC shifts markers at pleasure)

Turn 6 Ogre

The last assault is held

Ogres assaulted the Life Ancient in his own wood, careless of the poisoned thorns hidden among the trees. The Slaughtermaster also granted Regen to all his companions, but in doing so he channelled too much power and the magical backlash killed one Ogre per unit.
The Life Ancient and the Tyrant faced again each other in a colossal challenge and the accursed sword of the gigantic general pierced the bark of the Tree.
Then, once again, he was quick enough to avoid the branch that tried to whack him and only his stubbornness kept the Ancient from fleeing.

Turn 6 Treemen

The forest itself plays on Elven side

The Undeath Ancient went in support of his brother, who focused on increasing his own toughness to extraordinary levels.
This time the Tyrant failed to avoid the Life Ancient’s hit and barely survived. The Ogre Bulls behind him, instead, were quick enough not to be whacked by the other Tree (another I2 test passed).
The tide was turned completely and both Ogre units needed to test if they didn’t want to flee in the last act of the battle. The forest also granted they were not steadfast, so the odds were in favour of the Trees.
Still, re-rollable Ld6 was enough to ensure they did not move at all.
(If only the Treewhack from the Undeath ancient went through, they would have been at Ld3 and in a single last round of combat I would have collected 1200+ pts. Sigh.)

After match thoughts

What a game!
I think I failed something like a dozen of Ld10 test between swift reforms, panic, stubborn break test and rallying, while he continued succeeding in all of them, even when he had to test on Ld5 or 6.
On the other side he rolled almost always 9+ for his charge distances and it hurt in more then one occasion. But to compensate, every time I run away from him, it was never less then 10”, so he never caught any of my fleeing units.
His I tests were incredible too.
At I4 a model should fail a test on 3 and this was the second game where my opponent performs 5-6 successful tests in a row when I tried to Treewhack him.
And all the test passed with I2...
Oh, well.
On my side, I managed to have only crazy magic phases and I channeled like a Dice God, with 2 channels per turn more often than not.
At the end of the day these things were pretty even and the two armies had roughly the same power (although focused on different aspects).
My buddy is getting better and better with Ogres too and in this match he showed to be able to capitalise on my mistakes and punish every inattention on my part.

I lost a regular Treeman to the Ironblaster, which was kind of expected, but the other one and Durthu died in a pointless way, since I let his Iron Guts to pin one of them down and I sent recklessly the other to rescue.
Wild Riders also died in a stupid way.
Had I placed them better, he couldn’t have possibly charged me turn 2 and even if he turned to shoot them,. I would have had the chance to push through his lines with either the Riders or the Trees.

In the end, he was left with all his characters alive and both his main units just below half strength (we grant VP both for units under half strength and fleeing units at the end of the game), enough for me to claim a draw, after all the mess he did of my army.
Since I elected the Metalsinger as the target of the Ambush, I also earned the 150 VP for keeping her alive and this granted me to scratch an 11-9 win in an otherwise awful match.

The game was interesting overall, and I found the new scenario quite balanced, but I can see other armies facing big problems both for starting surrounded and to possibly miss some of the key units in the first turns.
I’m liking this attempt at mixing things up for the matches in this campaign, but I can see why others in our club dislike this particular feature more than the Plague or the Undeath Hits in the previous chapter.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Great battle, I was really worried that you would finally lose a match :) You did have some very bad luck though.

One big mistake he made in my opinion was the ambush of his sabretusks and iron blaster. First of all, placing sabretusks within 6" of any unit, and especially the iron blaster away from BSB and general is never wise. Secondly, why place it so that it could be charged on the following turn by a treeman? As you said, on the charge and by shooting it is very dangerous. Thus he should make sure that he would be the charging one.

A lot of other nice moves by him though, he got a lot of charges on you! And he must have rolled very poorly to only kill 2 wild riders with 8 impact hits.

I actually like the different scenarios you guys play, even if they may not always be 100% fair. A challenge can be more entertaining than a complete fair battle. That being said, the Asrai are probably some of the more forgiving armies in this kind of scenario as we are so mobile.

Thanks for the report!
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NonnoSte »

Thanks to you for reading and taking time to comment,
Mollesvinet wrote:Great battle, I was really worried that you would finally lose a match :) You did have some very bad luck though.
ha ha, I lost pretty much every occasional game after the Campaign, I just avoid to show and brag about those games. :p

Anyway, you're right, in the campaign I performed really well with the 5 Treemen. Still I ended just 3rd tied with the Dark Elves + Slaanesh Daemons player (out of 14 players).
Ahed of us there were the Legion of Chaos Player with the Khorne list (with an alternative Slaanesh List with double Greater Daemon L4, Seekers, Harpies and loads of Chariots) and the Legion of Undeath player with Triple Terrorgheist and the big block of Horrors.
Pretty strong lists, which are really good at pushing to collect many points, while giving little to nothing to their opponents.

If I can arrange it, I'd really like to play against the triple Terrorgheist list, but lately I'm really struggling to find time to play much because of RL issues.
Mollesvinet wrote:One big mistake he made in my opinion was the ambush of his sabretusks and iron blaster. First of all, placing sabretusks within 6" of any unit, and especially the iron blaster away from BSB and general is never wise. Secondly, why place it so that it could be charged on the following turn by a treeman? As you said, on the charge and by shooting it is very dangerous. Thus he should make sure that he would be the charging one.
I completely agree on that.
He put there his cannon because the Treeman and Durthu could have been hit both by a good bounce, instead he rolled double misfire. Luckily.
I think he just wanted the good spot to hit both in line (as usual, BC Diagrams are not 100% accurate so it was hard for him to achieve this in other ways).
Sabretusk were definetly a mistake. We discussed it after game and we agreed on the fact they could have served him much better entering behind either his Tyrant or his BSB.
They really are the hardest part of the army to learn how to use. Bear in mind that he played Ogre just from a couple of months when we had the match.
Mollesvinet wrote:I actually like the different scenarios you guys play, even if they may not always be 100% fair. A challenge can be more entertaining than a complete fair battle. That being said, the Asrai are probably some of the more forgiving armies in this kind of scenario as we are so mobile.
I liked them very much too.
Unfortunately we opted not to use them in the next chapter, if not for the River scenario.
Basically it's a Watchtower scenario where you have to hold a bridge and two fords on a river that crosses the table from side to side. You need a complete rank of infantry with a standard to control them and they grant you additional VP at the end of the game.
You also gain other VP if you have more fortitude than your opponent in his side of the river at the end of the game.
To add some fun, the river is inhabitated by D3+1 River Trolls which charge anything within 12" and are unbreakable as long as they're 12" from the river.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Only showing the wins are we? I think we can also learn from defeats :D

Overall he did really well, I am sure he will pick up from the few mistakes and give you a good pounding soon!

Funny idea with the trolls, its like the trolls living under the bridge story. Looking forward to hear about it
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: 5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign - Dark Elves

Post by NonnoSte »

It’s been a while since I last posted here, but RL took a lot of time recently, with kids demanding time, work demanding time and, lastly, music demanding times since I started again to play in the last month.

The Glottkin Campaign ended with the Easter week and I still have two reports to finish and upload here, so no furher delay, here’s the first one:

Dark Elves – Battle for the Pass

Fourth turn saw me face my wife’s Dark Elves for the third time with the 5 Treemen army.
During the campaign, my wife started with a bad loss against the Ogre Player I faced in the previous turn, then she tabled vanguarding Dwarves and an Imperial Gunline in the following turns.
Like in our previous match, she was playing:

Crone Hellebron.
Supreme Sorceress L4 on Shadow, mark of Slaanesh, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll.
BSB on Dark Steed, full mundane, grat weapon, mark of Slaanesh, Dawnstone, Dragon Helm, OTS.
Master on Dark Steed, full mundane, mark of Slaanesh, Ogre Blade, Dragonbane Gem, Potion of Foolhardiness

30 Witch Elves, full command, Razor Standard.
15 Darkshards, full command, Gleaming Pennant, mark of Slaanesh.
8 Cold One Knights, full command, Banner of Swiftness.
2 x 5 Harpies, mark of Slaanesh.
3 x RBT
2 x 5 Doomfire Warlocks, mark of Slaanesh.

Our house version of the Battle for the Pass added some bonus VP if at the end of the game a unit with a champion was in base contact with the table edge opposite of its deployment zone.
In addition, at the start of each turn D3 rocks fell from the cliff around the pass onto the battlefield.
The rocks worked like stonethrowers (small template at Str 3(9) with Multiple Wounds (D6) under the central hole), scattering of an artillery die, where misfire meant that the rock didn’t fall at all.
The active player started to place the first rock, then followed the opponent and eventually the third was again up to the first player.
Unfortunately we forgot completely about stones falling, so I can’t say who would have benefit the most from them. I think I’d have targeted Witches all the match, while she would have probably tried to delete the big GG unit and then single out or wound one Treeman at a time.

Since this is the umpteenth match between these two armies, I’ll go through it as quickly as possible, so it won’t be much detailed as a report.
Let’s start.

Deployment and Vanguard:

She ended with a river crossing half of her deployment zone and I had once again a building where to hide behind.
Both of us deployed with a weighted flank, opposite each other (she was a bit forced to do this by the river and I took advantage of it), her two steed characters went into Cold Ones, the Sorceress stayed with Darkshards and my Metalsinger joined the HBT Glade Guards.
She Vanguarded aggressively with Warlocks, while I moved Wild Riders further back to hide them from RBTs.
I ended first to deploy (getting used to it by now) and rolled pretty high, so the first turn was mine.

Turn 1:

I shuffled a bit and started to whittle her Sorceress’ bunker after failing to take down a unit of Warlocks.
She rushed forward at full speed, instead. Fortunately her warlocks failed to cast Doombolts and this will happen the whole match.

Turn 2:

I failed a long charge on Harpies with Wild Riders, losing the opportunity to jump to her backlines and unprotected RBTs, so I remained quite still, proceeding to whittle her units (another unit of Warlocks down to a single model, but not killed).
She set up next turn charges and almost took down a Treeman with RBTs.

Turn 3:

I prepared to receive her charges, while Wild Riders started to sneak down her flank. TFA Glade Guards kill all the Darkshards bodyguarding her Sorceress.
Cold Ones slam into the Undeath Ancient who start a challenge with the Ogre Blade Master with nothing achieved, while Harpies are killed just with stand and shoot by TFA Glade Guards. A lone Warlock fell to the poisoned thorn of the Venom thicket chasing the Metalsinger and other three of them charged a Treeman, starting a pillowfight.

Turn 4:

Durthu hit the flank of the Cold Ones, irresistible forcing a boosted Savage Beast and munching through the unit, while the Ancient smashed the Master to the ground. Wild Riders moved on the flank of the RBTs taking cover by a wood. Glade Guards killed the Sorceress and started to take down the naked Witches.
With no BSB Witches failed their frenzy check and leapt on Durthu’s back. Hellebron challenged and Durthu was no more. RBTs failed to kill Wild Riders and the last warlock fell under the Treeman hits.

Turn 5:

Wildriders charged the closest RBT and overrun into the second one, The Undeath Ancient summoned some Skeleton Archers and Witches kept on falling under a rain of arrows.
The last RBT managed to single shot the wounded Treeman (bad mistake on my part in exposing him).

Turn6:

Another unit of Skeleton Archers helped in taking down the survived war machine and all the Witches (including their Queen) were shot to death, while the Wild Rider Champion reached the table edge to ensure even the additional VPs.

The match ended in a 20-0 win for me and again my Treemen showed to be able to deal with this list of Dark Elves. The bonus VP were not really crucial to get maximum score, but once I was there, they were worth the effort.

By this time I was playing for first place in the campaign, with the other Dark Elves player and an Undeath Player close behind me and my regular Chaos opponent not too far ahead.
Last round I was paired with the Undeath Player. Report coming soon.

As usual, any kind of comment or question are more than welcome.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: 5 Treemen in ET: Glottkin Campaign - Legion of Undead

Post by NonnoSte »

Legions of Undead – The River

Last round of the Campaign put my Treemen against the Legion of Undeath army which was contending me the second place.
This player list normally featured 3 Terrorgheists, one of which ridden by a Strigoi Ghoul King, a horde of Crypt Ghouls and a big block of Crypt Horrors.
Turns out that his alternate list, which he decided to use just in the last match, was roughly the same but with a Mortis Engine (He was painting it during the Campaign, so he couldn’t use it from the beginning) in place of one of the Terrorgheists.

Here’s the List:

Strigoi Ghoul King, L1 (Nehek), Skabscrath, Dragonbane Gem, OTS, Red Fury, Terrorgheist
Necromancer L4 (Death), Obsidian Lodenstone, Power Stone.
Necromancer L1 (Nehek), Book of Arkhan
Necromancer L1 (Nehek), Dispel Scroll

30 Ghouls, champ
2 x 5 Horse Archers, std
25 Zombies, fc
20 Zombies, fc
8 Crypt Horrors
Terrorgheist
Mortis Engine

I had never faced a Strigoi Ghoul King before, so I didn’t know what to expect from him (yeah, I know now), but the list looked pretty strong even if it was new to me.

The Mortis Engine has a special rule which confers +1 to Regen saves for friendly units within a variable bubble and deals D6 hits at strength equal to the turn number to enemy units in that same bubble (I think it was 2D6+ the turn number) and obviously the main units sported some kind of Regen (Terrorgheist, Crypt Horrors, the same Ghoul King).
All the blocks were pretty tough to shift, starting from Zombies up to Horrors and Skeleton Archers are really annoying with them being scouts and fast cav.

The scary part of the list, however, lies in the ability to produce multiple screams.
Two Terrorgheists and Skabscrath all deals 2D6+ remaining wounds worth of damages, while the Mortis Engine adds 2D6+2 wounds to the mix and lore of Death can ensure that more than some of those wounds will affect my units thank to Doom and Darkness, which he obviously rolled.

Magic:

Death Necromancer: Spirit Leech, Caress of Laniph, Soulblight, Doom and Darkness.
Ghoul King: Gaze of Nagash.
Necromancers: Invocation of Nehek.

Life Ancient: Awakening of the Woods, Flesh to Stone, Regrowth, Dwellers Below.
Undeath Ancient: Call of the Grave, Dark Breath, Abyssal Swarm.
Metalsinger: Enchanted Blades, Transmutation of Lead.
Durthu: Wyssan’s Wildform.

We rolled for scenario and lastly I managed to try out the River Scenario.
As I spoiled some post before, the River has a deployment like the Battle for the pass, but there’s a river crossing the battlefield in the middle.
In the centre of the River there’s a bridge and two fords are on both sides. Controlling the bridge at the end of the match nets you 300 VP, while each ford is worth 150 VP. To control one of them, you need a unit consisting of at least one full rank and a standard.
To add some fun, at the beginning of the match a D3 of River Trolls were placed inside the river and all they do is to automatically charge anything that approaches them within 12”. Until they’re 12 “ from the River they lose the Stupidity special rule and become Unbreakable.

Deployment and Vanguard

He chose the side of the table with the clustered buildings and I placed my two forests one in the middle in front of the bridge and the other on the opposite side respect to the buildings.
He opened with Ghouls and Horrors in front of the buildings while I started putting down my regular Treemen on both side of the central forest. Then he clustered everything else behind them with the Mortis Engine in the middle, except for a unit of Zombies directly in front of the bridge and the Terrorgheist ready to leap on my units.
I placed my archers to have good lines of shooting, staying as back as possible, with the HBT Glade Guards occupying the central forest.
Wild Riders alone ended on the other side to avoid his Horsemen on the flank and the 3 big Trees protected the archers leaving a central position for the Life Ancient General.
His Ghoul King finally hid behind the buildings.

In the end one of his Horsemen Archers sneaked behind my lines in a small corner hidden by the hill, so I vanguarded with Wild Riders to start and encircle his army.
I had the +1 to start, but he rolled the first 6 of the game, so the first turn went to the Legion of Undead.

Turn 1 – Legion of Undead

Everything rushed forward, with Zombies moving away from the bridge, leaving room for the much tougher Crypt Horrors to secure it. Terrorgheist and the two units of Horsemen Archers started to flank my forces. One Troll leapt onto Crypt Ghouls just to be butchered by their venomous claws.
The first Magic Phase were an astounding 11+1 vs 6. He opened with a Gaze of Nagash on 3 dice towards my HBT Glade Guards, which I dispelled with 2. An attempt at Doom and Darkness on my northern Treeman to set a nice Scream is dispelled too, using my remaining 4 dice. Then he split up his last 5 dice to cast a soulblight on the same Treeman, an Invocation of Nehek on his Zombie unit near the bridge bumping it up to around 30 and a 1-diced Van Hels with the book on his Horrors to leap onto the bridge.
Mortis Engine bubble covered 8”, so 4+ Regen for the Ghoul King and his mount, as well as for Horrors.
The Scream on The Treeman dealt just a single wound and the Horseman Archers were able to kill a single Glade Guards, even with their magic arrows.

Turn 1 – Wood Elves

Wild Riders used the Troll in the river as a launching pad to jump behind his lines, but two of them fell from the saddle trying to cross the impetuous waters.
I shuffled everything else a bit to face the various incoming threats, with the Life Ancient seeking the powers of his ancestors in the woods.
9 vs 6 in the magic phase saw a Dwellers dispelled with all the dice, then 2 dice Regrew the fallen Wild Riders and the scroll prevented a unit of Skeleton Archers to be Called from the Grave.
Hagbane Glade Guards shooting wounded the exposed Terrorgheist, while the Treeman strangled to death the Horsemen survived from the first hail of Trueflight arrows. The last unit of Glade Guards couldn’t finish the Horsemen on the hill tough.

Turn 2 – Legion of Undead

The undead archers answered charging the Elves in front of them just to redirected on the further Hagbane Glade Guards after the first unit fled. The Terrorgheist flew down to help and took another wound with the stand and shoot reaction. Horrors failed the charge through the bridge on Durthu, while Zombies shambled on the Wild Riders.
Everything else moved forward on the flank.
In a 8 vs 5 magic phase I failed to dispel a Doom and Darkness on the northern Treeman, then I dispelled a Invocation of Nehek on the engaged Terrorgheist but, again, a 1-diced Van Hels moved the Horrors up at full speed, giving them rerolls too and healed a wound on the Terrorgheist.
The scream from the King’s mount killed the Treeman, while just a single Glade Guard fell to the bloody sound.
Hagbane Glade Guards failed the fear test, gaining a nice bonus on the Poisoned attacks (more rerolls) and killed the Terrorgheist on the spot, but just one horseman. Another archer fell under the feet of the skeleton horses and the combat almost resulted in a draw. The elves reformed to face and finish the undead knight left on the saddle. Wild Riders in the meanwhile killed the Necromancer and 10 Zombies, losing just 2 men. 6 or 7 undead bodies joined their companions in the dust after the crumblings.

Turn 2 – Wood Elves

The regular Treeman went to help Wild Riders to get quickly rid of the zombies and the other Trees just prepared to receive some charges, with the Undead Ancient screening the Hagbane archers from the Ghoul King.
It’s my turn for a big magic phase with 11+1 vs 6+1 dice. Unfortunately I miscast on 3 dice while summoning 30 zombies to block Crypt Ghouls. No harm for the Undead Ancient, but I lose other 3 power dice. I attempted a 4 dice Dwellers on Crypt Ghouls which he didn’t dispel and 13 Ghouls were slain, as well as the Death Necromancer. Lastly, I used the remaining 2 dice to cast a Flesh to Stone on the Undeath Ancient, but he threw all his dice to stop it.
Shooting was ineffective and in combat my units just got rid of the last crippled bodies. My Hagbane Glade Guards reformed to be ready to add some ranks to the incoming fight between Horrors and the Life Ancient.

Turn 3 – Legion of Undead

All his units, except the Zombies on the northern ford, charged head on. A low magic phase allowed him just to cast Van Hels on the Ghouls. The Mortis Engine produced a decent bubble of 10” which included all his engaged units, improving their Regen Saves and killing 3 Glade Guards in the process.
In combat the Engine itself wounded twice Durthu, who replied with 3 wounds on the accursed chariot for a draw. The Horrors rolled really poorly and made a slight scratch on the Ancient’s bark, while one of them was whacked to the ground, resulting in another draw thanks to their extra rank.
Ghouls butchered Zombies like the shamble-men they are and in the end there was little more than half the unit standing after more than a dozen fell or crumbled.
The last fight was...
I found out the Strigoi Ghoul King was wielding Scabscrath, so he packed 7 poisoned attacks (5 + frenzy + devastating charge) at Str5, I8 and WS7 which rerolled all to hit because of Eternal Hatred. Oh, yes, The Red Fury. Little to say, the Undead Ancient didn’t last enough to fight back, nor to receive the Terrorgheist attacks, even if after the two screams (Terrorgheist and Scabscrath) he had lost a single wound. The 4 wounds caused by regular attacks gave the Ghoul King as many additional attacks and those were enough to finish the Old Tree.
I had not imagined something like that, so he crushed onto the flank of my Glade Guards.

Turn 3 – Wood Elves

Glade Guards got out of the way, since their help is little to nothing from this moment on. Wild Riders and the Treeman in the meanwhile sneak behind his units.
In 5 vs 3 magic phase I tried a 2 dice Wyssan on Zombies which was dispelled and I regrew Wild Riders once again, restoring a wound on Durthu in the process.
In combat Durthu killed the Mortis Engine, which exploded and killed a Horrors, a bunch of Zombies and Ghouls and a Wild Rider, other than dealing a wound both to the Treeman and Durthu himself.
The remaining Zombies were wiped out, while the Life Ancient received no harm and whacked a Horror for two wounds which added other two due to crumbling, killing another one.

Turn 4 – Legion of Undead

Ghouls Charged Durthu and the Strigoi pushed a unit of Glade Guards out of the table in terror. Zombies on the northern ford moved slightly to got out of sensible charge range from the Treeman.
7 PD vs 4 DD allowed an Invocation of Nehek to raise 6 Ghouls after I failed to dispel it. Then the 2 diced Van Hels on Ghouls drew my scroll in the end (rerolls on poisoned attacks is always a bad idea).
In combat Durthu killed the Champ, but the overkill was not enough to win combat, but I held on Stubborn Ld10 (charge and 3 ranks put him at +4 already. I think I dealt something like 3 wounds despite hatred and Str6). EDIT: it looks like Durthu’s wounds disappeared. He had still 4 wounds left.
Life Ancient and Horrors achieved nothing instead.

Turn 4 – Wood Elves

I charged with the unengaged units.
Magic winds are still low with a 5 vs 4 phase. 2 dice Flesh to stone on Wild Riders was dispelled with all the dice, then with the other 3 dice the Ancient Regrew the fallen rider and healed back a wound on Durthu.
Glade Guards actually managed to sneak a wound on the accursed monster floating in the middle of the battlefield.
Combats were some real slaughters. No Ghouls survived nor Horrors, but Durthu and his fellow got out severely wounded and two Riders of Kurnous fell to the last Horror before the Ancient managed to put it on the ground for good.

Turn 5 – Legion of Undead

Zombies went back to control the Ford, while their king flied to protect them.
All the 5 power dice of the magic phase were thrown to a Gaze of Nagash on the Treeman who burned on the spot, leaving just some charred splinters on the ground.
Not being satisfied by the death of a single Tree, both his sword and his mount screamed to Durthu who could do nothing if not lose his mind again and die in madness.

Turn 5 – Wood Elves

I just moved Wild Riders to control the bridge and decided to leave the Ancient where he was, since I couldn’t get out of screams range, at least I had the bonus to cast.
Needless to say, my last magic phase was 3 vs 2 and he channeled too. A 3 diced Flesh to Stone on the Ancient was dispelled and I knew I condemned my general to certain death.

Turn 6 – Legion of Undead

The King charged, screams took 4 wounds out of 6 and the Vampire attacks sealed the deal.
I decided I had nothing to do in the last round, so the match ended here.

After match Thoughts

I think everything was down on how bad I was to contain the Ghoul King.
He wrecked my entire army almost alone, although sacrificing nearly any unit to buy the time needed.
Things started to go really bad when I left him to eat my Undeath Ancient with a free overrun on the Hagbane Glade Guards, but I had really no clue about what he was capable of.
Even worse was my last mistake of offering him the Life Ancient too, since by then I was well aware of his offensive power.
Another major issue was the ineffectiveness of my shooting either because of 4+ Regen on his main threats or because of the futility of shooting Zombies. It meant that my Trees had to face his blocks almost at full strength.
As in the other games I couldn’t get a real mileage out of Lore of Undeath. I think it’s due to a general distaste on my part toward the lore. I think the playstyle of tarpitting enemy units and keep them busy forever simply doesn’t fit me.

Anyway, we ended with a 13-7 score in favour of the Undead Player summing up the losses, which became 12-8 after adding the bonus VP for the bridge and the ford.
This 4 points were just enough for him to jump ahead of me in the scores so he ended second.
The Chaos player who had the first place lost the last round to the Dark Elves + Slaanesh Daemons player after misfiring with both Skullcannons and trying the whole match to pin down fast cavalries with infantries and chariots. This granted the Dark Elves player the same Campaign Points I had at that point, but the third place was still mine thanks to actual VPs (which were used as tie-breaker).
So the final placements were:

Khorne Legion of Chaos (Bloodthirster, double Skillcannon, Warshrine with 3 x Chosen)
Legion of Undead (Strigoi Ghoul King and multiple screams, this opponent)
Treemen from Athel Loren (me)
Dark Elves + Slaanesh Daemons (Death+Slaanesh magic on Chariots, Flyers and Fast Cavs)
Empire + Bretonnia (Heavy Cavalries and War Machines)
My Buddy’s Ogre (Gut Star and sniper Meneaters)
Lord Kroak Lizardmen
My Wife’s Dark Elves (Cold One bus + Hellebron’s Witches)
Manfred’s Khemri Legion (Stalkers, Necroknights, Morghasts, Catapults and archers)
Dwarves + Empire (classic Gunline protected by infantries)
Chaos Dwarves (CD gunline, my second opponent)
Orcs and Goblins (Savage Horde and spiders, my first opponent)
Dwarves + Empire (Vanguarding blocks with Warpriests leading them)
Legion of Undead (Infantries and Bats, all kind of Bats)