Split nature of the forest - 3000pt sisters list

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Split nature of the forest - 3000pt sisters list

Post by LadyLoec »

Hi all,

I've always loved the sisters of twilight fluff, but very rarely use them as they don't fit with my current army's play style. I came up with the below list as a fun way to use them. The army represents the split nature of the forest, and splits right down the middle into the 'light' and 'dark' with equal numbers on both sides, brought together by the sisters. I knew when I started that it wasn't really going to be competitive (2 level 4's in 3000pts?!), but it has some strengths and think it'll be a fun army to put on the table. Yours thoughts?

LORDS
Level 4 Highweaver
Unicorn
Acorn of the Ages

Level 4 Darkweaver
Trickster's Shard

HEROES
Sisters of Twilight

BSB with Moonstone

Captain with HoDA and Great Weapon

30 Eternal Guard
Shields
FC
Banner of Discipline

20 Glade Guard
Starfire Shafts

20 Glade Guard
Moonfire Shafts

SPECIAL
30 Wildwood Rangers
Musician & SB

8 Wild Riders
Standard
Banner of Swiftness

8 Sisters of the Thorn
Standard
Gleaming Pennant
LiveWaaaaagh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Split nature of the forest - 3000pt sisters list

Post by LiveWaaaaagh »

The idea behind the army looks fun and while maybe not 100% competitive, there's no question that it'd be a fun game.

Will you be fielding it soon?
Live Warhammer Content.

Visit LiveWaaaaagh.com
Follow us on Twitch - Twitch.tv/livewaaaaagh

Live 8th Edition games, painting sessions, Blood Bowl II, Total War: Warhammer and more!
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Post by LadyLoec »

LiveWaaaaagh wrote:Will you be fielding it soon?
Maybe next weekend.

Just finished my first 6000pt game (have played at that pointage with an ally before, but never had command of the full 6000pts). I got to use some units I've not used before, and some I wouldn't normally choose (as I'm restricted a bit by what models I have), which was fun and made the game very different. Still not sure I get what the fuss is with sisters of the Thorn, but I don't know if that's because they don't fit with how I play WE's, or just because they aren't as useful when fighting vampire counts.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

What are your thoughts on the wizards?

Unicorn mage could do with a ward save, especially if opponent gets first turn with a cannon.

If darkweaver goes in a combat block, then fencers blades and 4+ ward is very useful to keep him alive.

Another thing you could do is put moonstone on one of the mages and hail of doom on the BSB, saves you a noble.

Very interesting with the huge units of rangers and eternal guard, very curious to hear how it all pans out!
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by LadyLoec »

Mollesvinet wrote:What are your thoughts on the wizards?

Unicorn mage could do with a ward save, especially if opponent gets first turn with a cannon.

If darkweaver goes in a combat block, then fencers blades and 4+ ward is very useful to keep him alive.

Another thing you could do is put moonstone on one of the mages and hail of doom on the BSB, saves you a noble.

Very interesting with the huge units of rangers and eternal guard, very curious to hear how it all pans out!
Nice to hear your thoughts. Unicorn mage is going in the unit of sisters so the unit gets a 2+ against magic, but agree vulnerable to cannonfire. I always run the acorn, so am used to having naked wizards. Will see if I can wrangle a ward and fencers, but want to keep the unit sizes and models exactly equal on the 'light' and 'dark' sides (hence the slightly pointless looking noble - one "good guy" BSB and one "bad guy" with HoDA).

I usually run a unit of 30 WWRs with the moonstone character in there, using my acorn forest to ensure I have a forest in the enemy's deployment zone, and they are BEASTLY, especially as I usually face undead. Admittedly I'm used to running them with a shadow mage which lends them miasma support (or okkhams as a fallback) when facing non fear-causing armies, so no idea how they will fare with the 2 new lores. I don't normally use EG, but want the unit sizes etc to mirror exactly for light/dark. I ran a unit of 40 in my 6000pt game and they pretty much just held forever, stopping a big and nasty unit from doing anything useful for most of the game.

Will tweak a bit and let you know how it goes at the weekend!
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by LadyLoec »

As promised, one battle report:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=29036