ETC WE For Last 8th Team Event

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Meraell
Newcomer
Newcomer

ETC WE For Last 8th Team Event

Post by Meraell »

Hi guys,

I'm attending last 8th team event in October. Would love to know your thoughts on my list. I'll be avoiding some matchups, but can play pretty much everything, getting 10-12 points is my job, but if I can get more, better :D .

List is quite mobile, GG are a bit slow, but I love the firepower from T1, and Trueflight is just awesome, to get nice covers between units and makes everything much easier.

Was testing Heavens instead of High, to get more range power, but I'm going the safer way, so High magic's counters, there we go. Staying back casting magic+pew pew and 2xWild Riders keeping enemy at bay and take the chance to push if I can.

I don't like waywatchers, too expensive and fmpov, it's a very unstable unit, they give their points very easy and tbh, on paper they look awesome, but then, all the wards on heros, the T4+ and W3+, seems a big problem for them to wound; shadow is the answer for these, but I don't like depending on spell 3.

This is the last version I'm testing, the one before had 2x5 scouts and 3x7 Wild Riders, some other small changes here and there (magic items/banners), rest stays the same.

Lvl4 High, Steed, MR2+Scroll of Protection
Lvl4 Metal, Steed, Dispel Scroll
BSB, Steed, HoDA, Charmed Shield, Hagbane Tips

3x10 Truelight GG, Musos
5 GR Hagbanes, Banner

3x8 Scouts Hagbanes
7 Sisters, +1LD Banner
2x7 Wild Riders, Shields, 1 with BoEF, 1 with GP.

2 Eagles

2400 Total, 4/5 pools: 3 from Trueflight+Poison, 1 from Wild Riders.

Still have 1 pool, maybe for Moonstone, I can go without it, but after the testing phase, I must say it's defo a very solid item, so mb ditching some scouts for it could be an option...

Thank you very much in advance.

With regards,

I.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: ETC WE For Last 8th Team Event

Post by Billthesurly »

I see where you're going here - it's just that I have never played an 8th ed game where I got any real mileage out of having x2 lvl 4 weavers. I never seem to have the dice to make them worth the points spent on them.

I also usually use a couple of units of 5 GR. I don't give them special arrows any more because they usually come on to the board and almost immediately charge into someone's artillery or flank or rear or some such place. I find that giving them specialty arrows is pretty much a waste.

Waywatchers are just too cool to leave at home. 10 of them will wear down a heavily armored unit in a couple of turns and if the enemy is lightly armored - 10 Waywatchers, shooting rapid fire, can send 20 shots down range with the same chance to hit as 20 Glade Guard for about 60 pts less. (than 2 units of 10 GG) They also maneuver much better and are harder to hit in return. But it IS true that they are very vulnerable to magic.

Bonne Chance.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.