2500 pt WE army

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

2500 pt WE army

Post by Sidewinder »

This is a combat orientated list with No Wild Riders, No Sisters o/t Thorn, and No Waywatchers.

I believe I'm at exactly 2499 points. Obviously this isn't a competitive list. I think it simply would be fun and a bit of a surprise.
I was thinking of choosing High Magic for Walk Between Worlds. With an 18" march move and Walk Between the Worlds, I could have the cavalry unit in the opponent's backfield on turn one but I don't like making a list that depends on a spell that I might not get or might not be able to cast.
I went with Lore of Death primarily for the strength boost in Power of Darkness and I went with Life primarily for the Lore Attribute.
The eagles and Warkhawk Riders should be able to run interference so that the cav unit can get into the backfield by my turn two.

Glade Lord: general, Great Stag, light armor, Enchanted Shield, Giant Blade, Talisman of Endurance, Potion of Foolhardiness, Asrai Longbow, Starfire shafts; 3+, 5++
Glade Captain: BSB, Great Stag, light armor, shield, Dragonhelm, Hail of Doom Arrow, Asrai Spear, Asrai Longbow, Moonfire shafts; 3+, (2++ vs fire)
Glade Captain: Great Stag, light armor, shield, Helm o/t Hunt, Dragonbane Gem, Potion of Strength, Asrai Spear, Shield. Asrai Longbow, Moonflight shot; 3+, (2++ vs fire)
Glade Captain: Great Stag, light armor, shield, Trickster's Helm, Asrai Spear, Asrai Longbow, Moonfire shot; 3+
Deathweaver: Unicorn; level 4, Book of Ashur, Relic Sword; Opal Amulet; 6+ (4++);
Spellsinger: Unicorn, Life, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Ruby Ring of Rhuin; 6+
four units of 10 x GG w/musician; all Trueflight Arrows
one unit of 6 x Deepwood Scouts, Trueflight Arrows
one unit of 3 x Warhawk Riders
GE
GE

Your thoughts, please.
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2500 pt WE army

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I would definitely go with High for the Attribute. Protection Counters will go a long way vs cannonballs.

I'd also consider more Wards (and Charmed Shield) for the same reason.
Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Dragon halitosis »

That's one hell of an entertaining list. I suspect it will be a glass cannon. Anything it hits will be hurt, but very little staying power. I'd like to see a battle report of this thing in action.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

I played an army that had it's general on a stag along with a couple of Heroes on stags fighting in the front rank of a 12 man Wildrider unit. It took out 40 Savage Orc Big'uns with army standard, general and shaman on contact. (And that was under our old 6th edition army book!) Yeah buddy, you're going to have some fun with those stag riders - particularly when they gang up to put multiple charges on one unit.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.