ETC Lists 2015

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

ETC Lists 2015

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Courtesy of pk-ng and Swordmaster, Dropbox link in first post:

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69163

So one guy's got Durthu, UN has the Unicorn. Three Fast Cav lists including Bogi of this forum, who's playing for New Zealand this year. Italy has an interesting 3x lvl4 plus Wardancers, Hungary has the Acorns.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: ETC Lists 2015

Post by razorfate »

I'm surprised that Bogi chose wild riders instead of sisters of the thorn for bus purposes. His list seems to a little weak against warmachines. Of course in my limited knowledge...
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I'm no expert here either but he does have ways to counter war machines. Banishment, Net, Ambush.

Sisters are decent as a bunker but many lists do without them these days. With those Glade Riders coming on he can be pretty flexible with the characters.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by razorfate »

Those two glade riders may very well not come until too late. Banishment has a range of 24" which means the bunker will be in charge range of opponents' fast units; and wild riders can not flee from charge
angelus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by angelus »

Boosted banshiment has range 48 inch so no troubles there.

I am also playing with 3 x wild rider units 1 as a bus and the other 2 as shoxk troops. Until now the list works quit nice. Hope I will do a good job on the etc..
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Fast Cav is also really useful for getting out of charge arcs. WR's can chew up a lot of things that might charge them with ASF, especially with a buff up. Against lists with little shooting the characters can consider running on their own even.

Good luck angelus!
angelus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by angelus »

Hi Phil,

Yes thats what shows in the matches I played. With high tokens and the fast c you can outrun a lot of things.

I am the guy with the most wild riders so I am proud :D.
my list is the dutch list. How do you rate that one phil?

Cheers
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Eldar, Orcs and Goblins.

Post by Bogi »

Very nice list Edwin. No more dwarfs this year? So many teams are taking them this time.

3 units of WR is the correct way to go, I think I was the best WE player last year simply because I took the most WR. This year it must be you then!

The list I wanted to take, until the last week or so, was very similar except instead of high I took dark magic. I wanted to be able to play dwarfs a bit more successfully, and It worked really well. Dark magic is much better then people give credit, high has a great attribute tho. I was thinking about a unicorn high actually but did not have enough time to play test it fully. In then in the end I took light since it complimented the team better and it can easily win games against some of the armies this year..... also I figured the best item in the game is the moonstone and death magic, as good as it is, is nowhere near as good as the moonstone.

What was your rationale for taking GG instead of GR? Im curious to know if it is not a secret :wink:
angelus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by angelus »

Hi Bodgan,

Thank god no dwafs for me this year. Last year didnt end so well because it didnt fit my playing style. This year we have practiced with a dwarf list. It was quite good but you also need a player to be able and willing to play them. That was not the case so they are out.

Thanks for the comments on the list. You also got a save but allround list. Dark is quite good I know because before this list I played with a dark and high weaver on Call to war (10th place) and was bringing that list to the ETC warmup. Its quite good but I wasn't to excited about it. Death I think brings more matchups in the green ao its more allround.
why I have chosen gg instead of gr? I want to have more firepower directly on the table. 44 trueflight shots are scary for a lot of elves, doom and darkness and soulblight are scary with these many shots. Off course they are "easy" points but usually they already bagged there points in those turns (if not more).

Lol never played with the moonstone yet so cant comment on that. Depends on the table I think bit you always got 2 forest. Do think a smart player can block you moonstoning with those big units? Or dont they?

Hope to see you there!!

Lol will do my best to get best WE.. lets make it a race :nod:
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Bogi »

Moonstone is great since it allows you to escape, it totally screws up slow armies that want to come to you.

Death definitely allows you to win some games if you get that purple sun off. Soulblight is also nice with the shooting and I definitely miss it. Doom and darkness showed to be amazing at times, and the snipes are great.... maybe I am regretting not taking it. Still death does not help you in cc.

I can't wait to get there and get some games on. Loving the ETC. It also gives me an excuse not to have to play that AoS bull. When do you guys get there?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Good to see you here again Bogi!

Edwin that is a lot of Wild Riders! I hear what you're saying about shot volume. Also, you have eagles, so you can slow down a lot of stuff that wants to reach your infantry. No Waywatchers is interesting. How do you deal with fast armour, simply threaten WR charges? Peg Spam might be an issue?

How did you find playing in Britain?
angelus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by angelus »

Hi Phil,

Yes there are a lot of wild riders! Shot volume is great woth death in the mix. Hope it works out...
regarding armour, the wild riders are there to take care off the armour or death. A lot of armour still doesn't want to advance into 20 wild riders.. most armour which is a problem is the t4 stuff and waywatchers still hate that. Demi's and crushers will be hestitant to get in the charge range of such a unit.
waywatchers are good I hope they wont be sorely missed :D
peg spam is always an issue. Even with 20 waywatchers (which cuts in the wild rider units ) you dont down 1 peg in a turn. Peg spam is just hard to deal with in general for woodies as are all flying heroes /monsters.

Britian was fun! Real relaxt. Good players and in heneral fun players. Became 10th with my woodies and took down best woodie general so was happy there. Was playing a really different list with dark and high mage. Only 15 wild riders and 10 waywatchers.

You play in Britian?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I do but I'm an average player using friendly lists, not at the cutting edge.

I guess no list can have it all. 20 Waywatchers is indeed 400pts of other stuff you can't have. I have 5 Wild Riders and they are amazing, so dropping Waywatchers for more is never a stupid idea. Also there's a big difference between an MC unit taking a charge from 5 and from 10. I guess you have Unforging and snipes against the Pegs.
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Bogi »

I'm always here lurking mostly, reading up on people's thought. There is always good advice on this forum.

Yeah last year I played without WW and they are not mandatory at all. For me they are great at taking out bolters mostly and killing some chaff. The thing about the glade riders is they come on late and don't participate in the shooting early on...but also don't get shot early on. If I took glade guard I would not take any ww. They are 1w models at 20pts each, not a game breaking unit in any respect.

As for the pegs.... they are nasty and any army with many targets like that is hard for WE to handle. I have killed many DE pegs with death spells though.

Combat with WR depends on the base of the pegs.... I hate the small 40mm bases as opposed to the 50mm. Makes a huge difference with 1less WR attacking. Also speed of light is the best buff for them here, with speed of light they can kill a dawnstone peg.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I used to bring seven Waywatchers but upped it to twelve after struggling against fast armour. Even against non-armoured lists I'm happy with them because you can put them down last, with a lot of choice about where to focus those multi-shots.