Age of Sigmar army Spreadsheet

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Age of Sigmar army Spreadsheet

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

Hey guys,

I've created a google docs spreadsheet to make building a AoS army a bit easier for me. It's far from perfect, but if you plan on building a list based on total model or wound counts, this should help.
It also has some basic calcs on number of attacks/damage per model/unit. Very basic. Suggestions welcome :)
Stick number of models next to a unit and the rest should calculate for you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Age of Sigmar army Spreadsheet

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

Anyone have any thoughts for improvements? Or is it not very useful really? Lots of views but no comments :)

I've added a column to indicate models which I think should be unique per army (named chars). Also added direct link to WE warscrolls on the GW site.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

I've been looking at it but I'm not quite sure how to use it.
Partly that is because there is no real reason to acutally build an army for AoSI suppose: one can just bring everything and put anything from 1 model to your whole army on the table against any opponent.

I do not quite understand the ranged damage and melee damage parts of the table yet, maybe I need to comapre them with the scrolls but I can't do that now.

I think I might sooner use it as a quicker reference sheet for the to hit and to wound rolls. The game I played I had the whole PDF printed and it was a mess trying to look up even the most simple stuff (sadly I'll have to be looking in those papers anyway for the special rules.. but still it might make the combat and shooting phase a bit quicker with a single A4 with all the to hit and to wound rolls and saves on it.

I might add average damage output per model (before saves) in combat phase and shooting phase to it then. Since AoS damage is way less dependant on the enemy now this is more easily done.
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

Yep fair enough :) I suppose I'm probably going to be playing games with a friend of mine and we'll agree a wound and/or a model count. My intention was to be able to quickly make sure I have a decent number of attacks/damage from both ranged and melee from the selections I've made. Ideally I'd build in all the special rules as well, but I don't have time for that right now!

I'm surprised no-one has started printing off the Warscrolls, laminating them and selling them as cards on ebay. That way you just take what you need to a fight. I'll do it myself for my armies I think :)
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

GeoffDiGeoff wrote:Yep fair enough :) I suppose I'm probably going to be playing games with a friend of mine and we'll agree a wound and/or a model count. My intention was to be able to quickly make sure I have a decent number of attacks/damage from both ranged and melee from the selections I've made. Ideally I'd build in all the special rules as well, but I don't have time for that right now!

I'm surprised no-one has started printing off the Warscrolls, laminating them and selling them as cards on ebay. That way you just take what you need to a fight. I'll do it myself for my armies I think :)
I think you;'d get sued by GW if you try selling their stuff :D.

It's nice to calculate wounds easy I guess.. you might want to do those damage calculation I mentioned yourself to see which troops do most damage per wound.