1500 points against Ogres

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Re: 1500 points against Ogres

Post by NonnoSte »

Ironblasters die "quickly" to boosted Searing Dooms or Wild Riders charges (actually the latter are much faster in taking it down).
If you run Sisters, they also can reach it pretty safely by turn 2 and if you charge it, you stand good chances to route it down with the ladies. Just make sure to charge it on a flank/rear so that you have to face "just" the Ogre attacks (when you flank a chariot, pulling beasts can't fight back). Even if he turns it to face them, you're ok, since he won't be able to shoot at your general and Sisters can survive even a grapeshot or two.
Generally, as soon as you can tie it up in combat, it will be uneffective.
Swift Guardian
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Brets, Wood Elves

Post by Swift Guardian »

I'll do my very best to remember and use your tips :-)

If the game does not take too long I'll switch the magic lores on the weaver to test death,shadow or dark lore ..
Swift Guardian wrote:One more question came up during research concerning magic .. does the weaver and its unicorn get to use the strenght bonus of okkams mindrazor or toughness of panns pelt or does just the weaver get to use those buffs ?? how do I differentiate which part of the model is affected O_O ??
Does anyone have an answer to the question above ??
would be nice to know if stag AND wildrider or weaver AND unicorn would benefit from such spells :-D
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

I think Pan's targets characters, so their mounts would not be affected. I think Okkam's targets units so then everything would be affected.
PensivePanther
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PensivePanther »

Man, Ogres vs Woodies sounds like a fun time!

Yeah, those waywatchers should shred up those mournfang. Without their armor they tend to drop like flies.

Watch out for those Ogre Scouts (They are called Maneaters). He can deploy them very close and they certainly pack a punch.

Most of all, watch out for those sabertusks. They are excellent chaff and they are surprisingly viscous. Someone offered excellent advice above, try to kill them while they are close to other ogres. The ogres greatest weakness is their low leadership. Exploit this!

Happy Hunting
Swift Guardian
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Brets, Wood Elves

Post by Swift Guardian »

Hunting is done :-P

Battlereport will be coming soon ^^