2400 Point Wild Rider List

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

youngseward
Newcomer
Newcomer

2400 Point Wild Rider List

Post by youngseward »

I've put together a 2400 list with a focus on wild riders and I'm keen to get some thoughts on it.

Lv 4 Lifeweaver w elven steed, book of ashur and talisman of endurance

Lv 4 Metalweaver w elven steed, dispel scroll and talisman of preservation

Sisters on Eagle

5 units of 5 glade riders w hagbane arrows and standards

10 wild riders w full command, shields and banner of swiftness

10 wild riders w full command, shields and banner of discipline

8 wild riders w full command and shields

The Lifeweaver is there to buff the riders defensively and grow them back, while the metal weaver can buff armour, to hit or do damage from range. While I won't be able to get all their spells off, it should provide good versatility in the magic phase.

The glade riders harrass and counter flank, while wild riders do most of the damage. In theory I should be able to avoid massive infantry blocks whose steadfast I can't break. I will struggle with gunlines though.

Thoughts on its effectiveness?
Scalps claimed by Shadowdancer: Ogre Tyrant, Kharybdiss and Demon Prince.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Re: 2400 Point Wild Rider List

Post by NonnoSte »

It's an interesting concept, but I'd be strongly drawn towards Beast with an all mounted combat army. Put in a BSB kitted for combat and you'll have all the perfect targets for Beast magic.

You could also drop the smaller unit of WR in favour of a couple of WHR units to address enemy shooting.
youngseward
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by youngseward »

I've considered beasts, but I dont see it as all that effective. Wyssans and curse of anraheir are great, but I think the rest of the spells work best with multiple combat characters.
Scalps claimed by Shadowdancer: Ogre Tyrant, Kharybdiss and Demon Prince.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Don't forget the power of an Amber Spear shot by a mobile caster.
Horros is worth the effort even when cast on a single character and Flock has its use (Deadly against skinks for example, good vs archers and decent to take out war machines. All things that can annoy Wild Riders).

The two luckluster spells are Pann's Pelt (not really worth it) and Transformation (which you can't cast at all unfortunately)