3000pts Doubles Tournament, Wood Elves & Empire

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves

3000pts Doubles Tournament, Wood Elves & Empire

Post by thunderbow »

So, that time of year has come again, when the nostalgia becomes unbearable and I take my sweet woodland rougues out for a run, even though there are far more pressing things in life to be done. The rules for the tournament will be standard, pre- End Times 8th edition rules, with the possibility to use lore of undeath. Without further ado, here's the combined list, which I'm somewhat sceptical about. C&C are more than wellcome :) :

Wood Elves

Lords:

Spellweaver, dispell scroll, talisman of preservation, elven steed, longbow: 300 pts

Core:

6 Gladeriders, hagbane tips, musician- 142pts
5 Gladeriders, hagbane tips, musician- 142pts
5 Gladeriders, hagbane tips, musician- 120pts

Special:

12 Wildriders, standard bearer, BOEF- 332 pts
7 SotT, musician, standard bearer- 192 pts

Rare:
7 waywatchers- 140pts
7 waywatchers- 140pts
TOTAL: 1496 pts

Empire:

Lords:

Grand Master, barded warhorse, armour of destiny, shield, lance- 216 pts, army general

Heroes:

Captain of the empire, BSB, talisman of endurance (4++ one), pegasus, lance, shield, plate armour- 189 pts
Luthor Huss- 155 pts

Core:

14 Inner Circle Knights, full command- 380 pts

Special:

Great cannon- 120 pts
8 pistoliers- 160 pts

Rare:
Steam tank, Hochland long rifle- 270 pts
TOTAL: 1490 pts.

Reduced the number of waywatchers to 14 total and removed the warhawks in favour of another 6 wild riders and 2 additional sisters. Swapped Naestra & Arahan for the weaver, and battle wizard lord and warrior priest for chapter master and Luthor Huss (my friend is adamant on running him). Made the knights inner circle and reduced them to 14, and added 2 more pistoliers. Seems somewhat better now, does it not? :D
Last edited by thunderbow on 22 May 2015, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
"It is easy to stride The Right Path"
(Lao Tse)
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: 3000pts Doubles Tournament, Wood Elves & Empire

Post by razorfate »

The sisters of the thorn does not suit well with the empire wizard lord because he is not fast cavalary.
For this reason i would take a spellweaver instead of the twilight sisters, and take a grandmaster for empire's lord choice. Best of both worlds i would say.
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

Naestra and Arahan seem a bit gimmicky in this list, I would rather see a Lv2 Shadowsinger in their place freeing up the Empire wizard to take Life.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by thunderbow »

I should have noted that the empire wizard lord would go into his knights, my bad. However, the Grand master is a nice option because of the ItP. Changing to Grand master then! :D
I' will correct all the changes in the army list in a moment. Thanks for the suggestion!
(Lao Tse)
thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by thunderbow »

Edited all the changes, the list seems more solid now. I still don't know whether I should have thrown a lifesinger in, however, I still hope that the sisters would manage to restore a wound or 2 to the steam tank.
(Lao Tse)
thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by thunderbow »

Well, the tournament got cancelled, so we'll just play a pitched battle with two guys running Bretonnia and Ogre Kingdoms. In this situation, my ambivallence is getting the better of me and I can only think about whether I should go with lore of death or shadow (pretty excited for the game, as you can see :D). Help a brother out, so that I can study for the exams at peace :D
(Lao Tse)
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Ok : shadow. Now go study. No need to know my reasons for shadow, that would only invite discussion and you clearly need to study. Seriously. Close the browser, write Shadow behind you lvl 4 on the list and then go study. Exams are important.
thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by thunderbow »

Thank you for the clearly needed cold shower, Aezeal. Shadow it is then. See you all kind gentlemen in a month or so. :)
(Lao Tse)
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

I've done my good deed for the day :D. Now I can go back to being myself again.