2400 forest spirit list for friendly "tournament"

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Kaese
Newcomer
Newcomer

2400 forest spirit list for friendly "tournament"

Post by Kaese »

I have played about all of my games with a shooting and evading army, so I decided to go for something completely different. I ordered the box wit treemen and dryads a week ago and thought of building the army around it. So here is the list I have been thinking.

+ Lords (380pts) +
Treeman Ancient (380pts) [Level 4, Strangleroot]

+ Heroes (230pts) +
Branchwraith (75pts)
Spellsinger (155pts) [Dispel Scroll, Asrai Longbow, Elven Steed, Level 2, Lore of Death]

+ Core (670pts) +
30x Dryads (340pts) [Branch Nymph]
5x Glade Riders (110pts) [Hagbane Tips]

+ Special (580pts) +
5x Sisters of the Thorn (130pts)
6x Tree Kin (280pts) [Tree Kin Elder]
5x Wild Riders (170pts) [Champion, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame, Shields]

+ Rare (540pts) +
Great Eagle (50pts)
Treeman (245pts) [Strangleroot]
Treeman (245pts) [Strangleroot]

The idea is to have strong center out of forest spirits and quickly moving elves as a support. The biggest concern is the lack of shooting to get rid of warmachines, so I will be in trouble if there is multiple cannons. I chose the lore of death for the singer, but I'm considering if I should change it to heavens/metal. I have also considered splitting dryads and/or treekin.

Is there some serious weaknesses in the list that I should be aware of?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2400 forest spirit list for friendly "tournament"

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Any list with three Treemen is going to have some bad match-ups but I quite like the cavalry support here. I don't think Strangleroots is worth it on a BS4 model. If you can get or convert a Unicorn model I really like High Magic on the lvl4 along with 4+ Ward and maybe Crown of Command. Put her in the Dryads she improves the Ward vs spells to 4+ and gives Protection Counters.

I'd consider splitting the Treekin and using them to cannon-screen the Treemen.
Kaese
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: 2400 forest spirit list for friendly "tournament"

Post by Kaese »

Unicorn weaver is out of question as we play with 25% lord/heroes. Unicorn with dryads sounds tempting though, so I will have to consider singer on an unicorn. I completely forgot that strangle root will almost always be at long range due to 12" range :(. 20 points (x3) for little to none chances for shooting that would hit on 6 at best seems to be too much.

Basically this would leave me with the points to upgrage the steed on singer to a unicorn. Or maybe I just spend it on another eagle. I can probably do more with second eagle as I'm used to play with two.