Possible Start to some new woodies 1500pts

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

warhawk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Possible Start to some new woodies 1500pts

Post by warhawk »

So looking to start up wood elves. I've got a skaven and dwarfs whom play similar yet differnt. So looking for something very differnt and wood elves seem to be that for me. So without further ado here is what i've come up with so far.

Spellweaver- lvl 4, Power Stone, Obsidian Lodestone

20x Dryads- Branch Nymph

2x16 Glade Guard- Trueflight, Musician

10 Deepwood Scouts- Hagbane Tips

2x Wild Riders- FC

It comes in at 1495. Figure the Spellweaver will go with the dryads while the glade guard pick things off. and the scouts take out some hardier targets. While the wild riders run about cause issues to whomever they see fit to take out.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Possible Start to some new woodies 1500pts

Post by Mollesvinet »

Looks good. I suppose you are using dryads because of limited models, yes?

What lore do you want to use? You may also want a dispel scroll instead of power stone, but that is up to you.

Also, a good idea is to split up the scouts into two units of 5. This gives you more flexibility and makes it harder to get all of them with a single charge/magic missile.
warhawk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by warhawk »

well dont really have any of the models yet. was just playing around with lists. and figure put the spellweaver in a semi tough bunker. Up for suggestions to changing things up a bit tho
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

The dryads are not recommended, though of course you are free to use them if you like them.

It is usually better to keep core at minimum, so just glade guard or possibly eternal guard or glade riders if you like those.

Waywatchers are really good and maybe some warhawks to go with your username? :)
warhawk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by warhawk »

well i am intrigued by the warhawks. waywatchers im not sure about yet. I was going to get the guardian of the deepwood box so have all the dryads i would even want and ofc treemen. figured at some point ill do an all tree list for funs and that would be a good start. So toss out dryads and then where would the spellweaver go?
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

If you decide not to go with the dryads, then the mage can go with the glade guard. If you want, she can jump into a 10 man unit of scouts on turn 1 for increased mobility.
warhawk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by warhawk »

So how about this list. Coming in right at 1500. And the spell weaver depending on whom im up against can go into either some glade guard or the scouts. Could also leave the warhawks at 3 and get a naked bsb.

+++ Woodies (1500pts) +++

++ Wood Elves - Army Book (2014-5) -V8.8.0. (Standard) (1500pts) ++

+ Lords (285pts) +

Spellweaver (285pts) [(BRB) Obsidian Lodestone, (BRB) Power Stone, High Magic, Level 4]

+ Core (500pts) +

Glade Guard (250pts) [Musician]
····16x Glade Guard [16x Trueflight Arrows]

Glade Guard (250pts) [Musician]
····16x Glade Guard [16x Trueflight Arrows]

+ Special (715pts) +

Deepwood Scouts (160pts)
····10x Deepwood Scouts [10x Hagbane Tips]

Warhawk Riders (235pts) [5x Warhawk Riders, Wind Rider]

Wild Riders (160pts) [Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, 5x Wild Riders]

Wild Riders (160pts) [Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, 5x Wild Riders]
rawdogg15
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by rawdogg15 »

Looks reasonable to me but I'm a fairly new WE general myself. I would agree that your scouts need to be 2x5 rather than one unit of 10. Other than that, you have the tools to cause problems to most other armies. I have recently posted my own 1500 point list and would be interested to see what you think. I've gone for Sisters instead of wild riders and a mounted spellweaver and BSB. I've also gone for cheap eagles as redirectors instead of warhawks. I think your list is a little more aggressive and I like that about it. Mine is much more avoidance and annoyance.