2.5k Swedish List

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Bretonnia, WoC, Ogres, Empire, VC, DoC, WE, HE, DE

2.5k Swedish List

Post by thesustainablecenter »

Looking for feedback. Scores an 11.5 by my math but feel free to dbl check me since I'm wrong often enough.

Lvl 4 (metal) acorn
Lvl 4 (death) moonstone mr3
Shadow dancer lvl 1 dispel
Bsb w/ HoD and sword of might

18 GG full cmd eternal flame
18 GG full cmd true flight
9 GR mus/std hagbane
10 EG full cmd

2 x 6 WR
12 Wardancers champ/mus

2 x 1 eagle

Idea is to sit shoot and scoot with archers and use metal lore to zap high armor. EG and eagles are chaff. WR sit on flanks and do opportunistic charges. Death wizard with dancers and shadow dancer hop around and sling death spells with the moonstone and lots of woods with the acorn to slow ppl down and have places to hop too.

Miasma synergies well with psun since anyone can go down 2 I on avg against that spell.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSustainableCenter
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal; its the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2.5k Swedish List

Post by Aezeal »

I'd go level 2 on the metal mage myself.. would that save you some comp points? You could reinvest those points in waywatchers if you have arrows left.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Going down to L2 looks sensible on the metal caster both for points and for comp.

Consider switching to Beast magic instead of Death to save comp points (beast spell boost nicely your list) and Dryads instead EG (they're a better chaff exactly because they won't stand after a fight).
The second Eagle is heavily comped. You could take it out and with the points saved on the metal caster buy a unit of Warhawk Riders.
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

I agree with the Lvl 2 but then whose going to carry the acorn? I really like the acorn in terms of taking people off there game and being able to hop my death caster into ideal psun positions. I could go Lvl 2 metal and take a glade lord with acorn.
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal; its the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Yuri »

What is the score range? I ask again.
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

thesustainablecenter wrote:I agree with the Lvl 2 but then whose going to carry the acorn? I really like the acorn in terms of taking people off there game and being able to hop my death caster into ideal psun positions. I could go Lvl 2 metal and take a glade lord with acorn.
I don't think a GL is an improvement really.
If you insist on all those magic items I think 2x lvl 4 is better than a GL and a lvl 2 and a lvl 4 since you'd need to cut points else where to get it not to mention it might even give a higher comp too.

I'd just cut points by getting the lvl 2 and dropping one of the items and then get some more low comped troops.
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Yuri wrote:What is the score range? I ask again.
8-14
henrypmiller
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by henrypmiller »

I would drop the acorn and move down to lv 2. Since starting Woodeleves I don't think ive ever played on a table with less than 1 wood on before the free one that we get. I understand that you want to moonstone around. Think of It as a trick, rather then as a strategy. The wizards and BSB in the wardancers are manoeuvrable enough that you can get out of most situations. The extra lv 4 is a huge sink in Swedish.

Also Death might not be the best lore for a foot-weaver as the spells are quite short range. Shadow might be better but that's changing the nature of the list.

Have you had any practice games yet?
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

No games yet but today I'll mess around with the list and see what dropping the acorn and he Lvl 4 gets me.
Slobber
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Slobber »

At grail quest last year Gabe Thorn ran something similar and I believe he did well, although much of that could have been due to paint. Personally I like to run shooty avoidance and will normally try to hit the shot cap or even go a bit over. Your list looks like you're more or less depending on death to score, which is better vs some armies worse vs others. I would try running a test game with dark as it's about 9 comp different (13 if you have LD10). I'm more familiar with the meta in the mid Atlantic, but I think you can drop the BEOF for Hagbane arrows as I haven't seen many trolls lately. Also with death Psun takes care of trolls and what not. I feel like war hawks and dancers are your best value for comp.
Good luck and I'll see you there!
war without fire is as worthless as sausages without mustard
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Based on feedback here's the new list. It comps a 13.9 by my math but please feel free to check it as that seems too good to be true.

Spellweaver: Acorns of the Ages; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Death 320

Glade Captain: Hail of Doom Arrow; Sword of Might; trueflight arrows; Battle Standard Bearer 153
Spellsinger: Moonstone of the Hidden Ways; Level 2 Wizard; Lore of Metal 155
Shadowdancer: Dispel Scroll; Level 1 Wizard; Lore of Shadow 185
Shadowdancer: Calaingor's Stave; Dragonbane Gem; Level 1 Wizard; Lore of Shadow 185

18 Glade Guard: Lord's Bowman; musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 256
18 Glade Guard: trueflight arrows; Lord's Bowman; musician; standard bearer 300
6 Glade Riders: Glade Knight; musician; standard bearer 144

6 Wild Riders: Wild Hunter; musician; standard bearer 186
6 Wild Riders: Wild Hunter; musician; standard bearer 186
12 Wardancers: Bladesinger; musician 200
7 Wardancers: Bladesinger 115
7 Wardancers: Bladesinger 115

2,500 points
Q10fanatic
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Q10fanatic »

Have you thought about giving some of the war dancers a spear? It allows you to drastically cut down on the unit footprint. I've had a unit of 5 break a horde of witch elves because they only did one wound after the ward save.
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Well I still plan on running them single file with the champ in front to minimize damage. The spear would just give me another poke right, or am I missing something?