Wood Elf Help in Swedish

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Bretonnia, WoC, Ogres, Empire, VC, DoC, WE, HE, DE

Wood Elf Help in Swedish

Post by thesustainablecenter »

So I hat Swedish...but the keystone is running Swedish and I want to take my woodies so I got to make it work. What the general co census on woodies in Swedish and does anyone have a sample list they can share?
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSustainableCenter
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal; its the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Re: Wood Elf Help in Swedish

Post by NonnoSte »

If I recall correctly the comp, you have just to avoid sister bunkers and too many waywatchers to comp decently.
Double L4 also should be heavily comped.
Last edited by NonnoSte on 27 Apr 2015, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

NonnoSte wrote:If I recall correctly the comp, you have just to avoid sister bunkers and too many waywatchers to complete decently.
Double L4 also should be heavily comped.
Well I'm not taking any sisters and going all foot except 2x5 GR and 2x6 WR. But a dual level 4 in a foot list is pretty important. I left out WW also but my comp still rings in between 9 and 10 and I'm not happy about it.
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal; its the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill
henrypmiller
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by henrypmiller »

It would help if you post your list.

Double level 4 kills you in Swedish. Try a treeman ancient to save some points (Treeman is a bargain). Or Lv 2.

Moonstone is very expensive.

You can optimise your glade guard by going with bigger units. e.g. instead of 2x 13 Glade guard (26 shots) is 16 points (with true flight). 1x18 is only 10 points (with true flight).

Glade lord on a Dragon is okay for the Swedish cost as well. As are eternal guard. 1 unit of warhawks is pretty cheap. Wardancers as well.

Equipping command groups isn't a bad idea. Banners and champs on the wild riders etc. Basically anything that can add actual points to the list without costing Swedish or low swedish is good for shaving Swedish score (Orion is a lot of points and 30 Swedish isn't bad for the price).
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

I didn't want to share since I'm not thrilled with it but here it is

Spellweaver: Moonstone of the Hidden Ways; Dispel Scroll; Obsidian Amulet; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Metal 315
Spellweaver: Acorns of the Ages; Level 4 Wizard 320

Glade Captain: Hail of Doom Arrow; Sword of Might; starfire shafts; Battle Standard Bearer 154

12 Glade Guard: trueflight arrows; Lord's Bowman; musician 200
12 Glade Guard: trueflight arrows; Lord's Bowman; musician 200
12 Glade Guard: musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 174
18 Eternal Guard: shields; Eternal Warden; musician; standard bearer (Gleaming Pennant) 251
5 Glade Riders 95
5 Glade Riders 95

6 Wild Riders 156
6 Wild Riders 156
9 Deepwood Scouts: starfire shafts; Master Scout; musician; standard bearer 183

1 Great Eagle 50
1 Great Eagle 50

2,399 points
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Yuri »

What's the range of AC?
Try to play without magic. ;)
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda
tomrobo23
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by tomrobo23 »

I'd suggest looking at lesser used units which have a lower comp score but work well within your list. Looking at the idea behind it some Wardancers could be useful. You can put down a lot of poisoned woods and they are capable fighters in them but importantly they're stubborn too. You can save some points by dropping your scouts too as they will increase your score a lot because of the moonstone.

the eternal guard are a bit too small for my liking and they seem surplus to requirements in core since you're nearly at 600 without them (though they are very cheap in comp score)

I'd suggest looking at warhawk riders, they're pretty cheap in comp and are a great unit, especially considering you're running two small wildrider units instead of more/bigger units (due to comp obvs) maybe drop an eagle too since the second is a larger comp hit.

Finally regarding characters i like 2xlvl4 i run it often in non swedish and even in some swedish tourneys too. What's the Acorn guys lore? also is the acorn that vital? i generally think it's a waste of points in competitive play.
thesustainablecenter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

I have a new list based on the suggestions that I'll post in the am.
henrypmiller
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by henrypmiller »

Are you bussing your characters in the Eternal Guard?
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

I can fit 3 ancients and a lvl 4 on a unicorn and have points left for WR, WW and tons of poison/hagbane. Works to be a very very soft comp.

Regards
Johnny
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(