Try for all comers 2000

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Tarothin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Try for all comers 2000

Post by Tarothin »

Hey all,
Been trying to come up with an all comers list. Possible opponents include: ogres (double ironblaster), tomb kings, lizardmen, dwarfs (combined arms not gunline), orcs (very few goblin models). Also possible is skaven (hasn't actually showed up to play yet), chaos warriors nurgle, chaos warriors (khorne marauders), and empire.

My typical core load out is
2x glade guard 10 w/true flight
1x glade guard 14 w/hag bane

The rest of the list varies but I have 12 more glade guard/scouts models, 8 glade riders, 3 treekin, treeman, treeman ancient, lord/captain, model that could be captain or shadow dancer, up to 15 wild riders/sisters (haven't finished riders yet so just mount models), 10 wildwood rangers full command, 12dryads. Also to note my group does not have an issue with proxies as long as it is clear (ie I have used rangers as war dancers but used the banner as my bsb since they can't take banner)

Not sure where I should start with for getting more models (besides probably getting spell singers/weavers so as to stop having to proxy) also to note I love taking treemen even when they are sub optimal more friendly than competitive environment anyway.
Thought?
Tarothin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Try for all comers 2000

Post by Tarothin »

Also to note we play with old 25% allotment for characters and no undeath or end times rules
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Hey,
The first thing I feel to suggest is to get a couple of Great Eagle (the Hobbit box contains exactly two.and they're pretty awesome models).
They fulfill a lot of roles and are usually key pieces to buy time to shoot down stuff with your archers.

Another interesting addition could be our other flying force. Warhawk Riders are arguably our most flexible unit. They can act either as a fast cav, chaff, character hunters or even combat troops.
Doober
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Doober »

Waywatchers are very useful. Between eagles and them, that fills your rare category.

Wild Riders are pretty much a necessity, so grab a couple boxes of them.
Tarothin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Tarothin »

I really would like to get some Warhawks. I've always been very afraid of having to do pinning as I've no experience with it. Also like I said I do have wild riders (couple of units). Also really like the waywatchers models but not really sold on the great Eagles. I understand the theory of redirecting just really like my Treeman :).
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Against those armies you mention (high T on most of them at least 4 and some even more, and lots of monsters and warmachine options) I would certainly switch the Hb and TF.. getting more HB.. actually against these armies full HB might be an idea.

All archers above core should be made scouts or WW. Skirmishers are so much more manouverable: saves the musician and points are earned back. And they can march and shoot so just dance around infantry really.
WW not so good vs warmachines so depending on how many you get some hawks to help in the warmachine hunting can be nice.