first my 2500 woodelves list

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

WhiteBear
Newcomer
Newcomer

first my 2500 woodelves list

Post by WhiteBear »

hi, guys i'm korea woodelves player
I think 2500 list Vs Lizardman

Spellweaver [(BRB) Dispel Scroll, (BRB) Talisman of Preservation, Elven Steed, Level 4, Lore of Heavens]
Spellweaver [(BRB) Talisman of Endurance, Elven Steed, Level 4, Lore of Shadow]

+ Heroes +
Glade Captain [(BRB) Talisman of Protection, Asrai Longbow, Battle Standard, Elven Steed, Hagbane Tips, Hand Weapon, Light Armor, Shield]
Waystalker [(AB) The Bow of Loren]

+ Core +
20x Eternal Guard [Shields,Standard Bearer]
13x Glade Guard [Hagbane Tips]
12x Glade Guard [Hagbane Tips]

+ Special +

5x Deepwood Scouts [ Hagbane Tips]
5x Sisters of the Thorn
8x Wild Riders [ Shields]
7x Wild Riders [Shields]

+ Rare +
Great Eagle
Great Eagle
Treeman
5x Waywatchers

how do you think this list?
I want your advise

thank U
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Re: first my 2500 woodelves list

Post by Hyarion »

Disclaimer: I didn't sleep last night and my memorization of the 8th edition army book isn't where I'd like it to be.

Where are you planning on putting the Heroes? Right now, I would drop the Waystalker and buy more Sisters to provide more cover for your mages (I'm guessing at least one of them will get stuck in there).
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: first my 2500 woodelves list

Post by Aezeal »

Since you are tailoring anyway... do you know what your opponent usually brings? A lot of the huge monsters or a lot of skinks?

Vs monsters I'd bring way more hagbane (scouts). Vs skinks I'd probably go more waywatchers.

I myself think 2x lvl 4 a bit much and I wasn't really impressed with heavens. Shadows is good and especially pit can be nice against low I monsters and saurus.

I don't really think the waystalker is the way to go.

If they shoot 1 sister dead your 2 mages will have no look out sirs anymore. Also they will be next to each other so that will get even more shooting on them. IF you keep a heavens mage he might be better suited in a backline position with the GG.