2400 Woodelf list with ETC restrictions

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2400 Woodelf list with ETC restrictions

Post by Aezeal »

christiansentho wrote:It uses etc latest draft.
I too think i have to much characters. The lord is to vulnerable ad suspected. Sisters og thorn and Mages survived all except first match today. Bsb too. I will modify (create a new list) that is a msu arrow style list.
In my last game I used the sisters on dragon. They are more points than your lord but I think they will be worth more in combat (I mean.. dragon). I myself think 2x4 level a bit much too.. so I'd cut points there too and since your BSB will need to remain behind your own lines anyway and is not strong enough to really go in combat you might just put him on a horse.. which would give him the option to either go into a cav unit (I've had to keep my WR back most games.. might be I'm just to chicken to dare a charge but IF I had a BSB (I didn't) he would have been in a good position in those units) or at least get the 4+ look out.
Also you lack options to deal with any warmachines.. and most armies have them. I'd say you need either warhawks or scouts. That last game I mentioned I had 1 unit of warhawks and the sisters on dragon.. the sisters had to go warmachine hunting (I planned it like that) and even that was not ideal.
Dark elf shooty list. 2 * crossbowmen, 1* shades, 4 * RBT, 2* Warlocks, 2* dark riders with shooting.
I'm not all that into DE but I don't see what is compd on this list.. it seems like this has more shooting power than WE are allowed to have due to comp, not to mention 2 units of OP warlocks.
thomas
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf, Ogre Kingdom

Post by thomas »

I agree with the 2* lvl 1/2 and a dragonlord. Might be powerful.
Against OnG I could have deployed defensivly in my corner. Then I could perhaps have gotten a 10-10 or 8-12 against me.
Against the DE I really didnt have any choices. Or not atleast the second game. But against the first. I could have deployed defensivly and gotten 5-15 or 6-14 against me instead of 4-16.

I agree that that particular DE build is not compd at all. It is specificaly designed to use the loopholes.
I will post my new list in a few days. Will playtest it next weekend and it should be used in a tourney at the end of may.
2015: Woos Elf: 5/1/6
2014: Wood Elf: 3/0/4
2013: Wood Elf: 4/1/4
2012: Wood Elf: 4/1/6

'Daemons can be played by themselves, without player. Just put them on table, go get some coffee and get back after 20mins or so, and you have successfully won yet another battle' - Yuri
thomas
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf, Ogre Kingdom

Post by thomas »

I got it wrong. I got on 22 of 34 players.
2015: Woos Elf: 5/1/6
2014: Wood Elf: 3/0/4
2013: Wood Elf: 4/1/4
2012: Wood Elf: 4/1/6

'Daemons can be played by themselves, without player. Just put them on table, go get some coffee and get back after 20mins or so, and you have successfully won yet another battle' - Yuri
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

thomas wrote:I agree with the 2* lvl 1/2 and a dragonlord. Might be powerful.
Against OnG I could have deployed defensivly in my corner. Then I could perhaps have gotten a 10-10 or 8-12 against me.
Against the DE I really didnt have any choices. Or not atleast the second game. But against the first. I could have deployed defensivly and gotten 5-15 or 6-14 against me instead of 4-16.

I agree that that particular DE build is not compd at all. It is specificaly designed to use the loopholes.
I will post my new list in a few days. Will playtest it next weekend and it should be used in a tourney at the end of may.
Hmm odd I completely disagree with 2x lvl 1/2 and a dragon lord.. I'd go 1x lvl 4 and sisters on dragon any day of the week.

And staying in 1 corner while 7 warmachines are pounding on you (and stacked together even wide scatters will probably hit something) might not be that good for your army eitehr.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

The dragon lord and death mages are my idea. Usually i would favor the level 4 as well, but double spirit leech on LD10 is really good. Often that will have much better odds at damaging stuff than the two other sniper spells, as everything has super high strength and toughness these days. Also, the hex scroll is brilliant combined with death so having two mages help there!

Each to their own of course :)