New WE 1000pt list

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Justinian
Newcomer
Newcomer

New WE 1000pt list

Post by Justinian »

I'm new to Wood Elves and want to build a list with models I like and I'm looking to buy so I have put together this list. Not sure if it is exactly competitive but at lower points value it's hard to get all the bells and whistles. Not sure if singer would be adequate over a weaver but I feel like withering is a key component of my strategy so I went weaver. Anyway any input would much appreciated.

Lords:
Shadow weaver lvl 3, Obsidian Amulet - 215pts

Core:
10 Glade Guard, Trueflight - 150pts
10 Glade Guard, Trueflight - 150pts

Special:
5 Wild Riders, shields - 140pts
5 Wild Riders, shields - 140pts

Rare:
5 Waywatchers - 100pts
5 Waywatchers - 100pts

Total: 995 points
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: New WE 1000pt list

Post by Mollesvinet »

You definitely went straight for the good stuff.

I might be tended to change the MR3 into another level to raise the chance for wither or a dispel scroll which can save more damage than magic res alone.
Justinian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Justinian »

The extra level is tempting. I guess the idea behind the MR is to have some protection against death sniping.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

I think a scroll and an extra wild rider would keep your mage more safe. Up to you
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Post by Blackcat »

I would drop the obsidian amulet and make that weaver a level 4. A level 4 in a 1000 points game is pretty brutal and it should allow you to dominate the magic phase. I always run a level 4 in 1000 points.
Justinian wrote:The extra level is tempting. I guess the idea behind the MR is to have some protection against death sniping.
You could be a level 4, unless death sniping is a common tactic in your area, your level and ability to dispel things, should be proof enough against any other mages.
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

In a 1000 point game there is also a good chance that you can charge the enemy mage with your wild riders, possibly taking out the whole unit.

Often, a good offense is the best defense :D
Justinian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Justinian »

Thanks guys! I'm more and more convinced of trying the lvl 4 out. Quick tactical question, would it be better to keep the GG MSU or go a unit of 20 and the Weaver can hide out at the back in 3 ranks of 7?
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Characters have to be in the front of the unit.

I would keep them MSU, otherwise your enemy just has to reach a single unit to get half of your points.

Otherwise you could consider combining the two units of waywatchers, and using them as a bunker. Their mobility makes it much easier to avoid the enemy and thus keeping your mage safe. Just deploy your mage in GG, deploy WW close to them in scouting phase and in turn 1 you can join them with the mage.