1500 points List against HE

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

frenchi861
Newcomer
Newcomer

1500 points List against HE

Post by frenchi861 »

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I posted something here. I am back with a little bit of fantasy game soon. The first will be against HE, and here is the list I plan to use.

Spellweaver (1#, 305 pts)
LVl 4
. . . . 1 Fencer's Blades (Extra Attack)
. . . . 1 Talisman of Preservation
. . . . 1 Ironcurse Icon
. . . . 1 The Lore of Dark Magic

Glade Captain (1#, 152 pts)
Battle Standard Bearer;
. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield
. . . . 1 Dragonbane Gem
. . . . 1 Hail of Doom Arrow
. . . . 1 Elven Steed

Spellsinger (1#, 105 pts)
Lvl1
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Eternal Guard (19#, 258 pts)
. . 18 Eternal Guard, 258 pts Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Shield;
. . . . 1 Eternal Warden Shield;

Glade Guard (10#, 160 pts)
Musician, Trueflight Arrows

Sisters of the Thorn (5#, 150 pts)
Banner of Eternal Flame

Wild Riders (5#, 140 pts)
Shield

Waywatchers (9#, 180 pts)

Great Eagle (1#, 50 pts)

It's simple, the lvl1 is just for the scroll and I am thinking on using fire with him. Lvl 4 with Dark inside the EG unit. So what do you think? Really simple list, nothing fancy inside. I am not sure I will find a use for the Great Eagle, maybe I could change him for something else
My Blog: http://renowargamingblog.blogspot.com/ Reno's Wargaming Blog (Battle Report, Painting, Showcase...)
paralee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: 1500 points List against HE

Post by paralee »

Maybe u could take an shadowdancer instead of spellsinger and put him in the EG unit so they could have 3+ ward save and even charge in an spearelvesunit and rip off their ranks.
Imo high magic is better option for the lvl4. And Maybe just Maybe u could take moonfireshots for the gladeguard so they could make a lot more wounds.
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Post by Blackcat »

Personally I would drop the level 1 with dispel scroll and add more men to the eternal guard unit. You already have a +4 to dispel to cancel out magic. Currently your army is looking very small model wise and that unit of 18 eternal guard wont last very long in any prolonged combat.
paralee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by paralee »

BUT for the shadowdancer he could double the punch you have with the EG unit.(+1attack dance)
Lord Sloth
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and High Elves

Post by Lord Sloth »

paralee wrote:BUT for the shadowdancer he could double the punch you have with the EG unit.(+1attack dance)
I'm pretty sure the dances only effect wardancers and shadow dancers.
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another." - Skarloc, Mist Walker of Athel Loren
paralee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by paralee »

Lord Sloth wrote:
paralee wrote:BUT for the shadowdancer he could double the punch you have with the EG unit.(+1attack dance)
Nope it doesnt even say a thing about it and why would u use them if they couldnt join other units than dancers when their dances dont even stack.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

paralee wrote:
Lord Sloth wrote:
Nope it doesnt even say a thing about it and why would u use them if they couldnt join other units than dancers when their dances dont even stack.
Don't have the book here but pretty sure it says the MODEL gets the 3 ++.
Lord Sloth
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and High Elves

Post by Lord Sloth »

paralee wrote:
Lord Sloth wrote:
Didn't say the shadow dancer couldn't join other units... just that the dance only effects the model doing the dance... the only dance a non-wardancer unit would benefit from is the one that cancels out enemy ranks.

EDIT: just checked the book... each dance except woven mist is worded as such "The Dancers have ..."
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another." - Skarloc, Mist Walker of Athel Loren
paralee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by paralee »

I am really really sorry about this(for explanation i offer:i am not good at english.