1500 All-rounder

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

citizendave
Newcomer
Newcomer

1500 All-rounder

Post by citizendave »

Hi everybody. How are you? This is the army that I have written to take around with me to shops/friends places so that I dont have to lug around more miniatures than I need to. And I dont like having to first write a list when someone asks for a game, I'm always keen to just get straight into it. So I'd like some opinions please. I know that it won't handle every threat in the game, but how good can an army be that tries to negate every type of threat at once? Cannons I hate and I won't play their game, so no juicy targets for them such as Treemen or monstrous beasts.

Lord
Spellweaver, level 4, Steed, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation. 310

Core
Glade Guard x 12, Trueflight Arrows, Musician. 190
Glade Guard x 12, Trueflight Arrows, Musician. 190

Special
Wild Riders x 6, shields, standard bearer. 178
Wild Riders x 6, shields, standard bearer. 178
Sisters of the Thorn x 5
Warhawk Riders x 3

Rare
Waywatchers x 9

9 points left over.
The Weaver may join the Sisters for a start although I like her independent once her threats have been destroyed, and use maneuvering around enemy units as protection instead. It's really off-putting for the opponent!
Her lore is Shadow by default, though it depends who I'm up against. I'm fond of Beasts too.
Wild Riders I think are the best killers so only one unit in the army would leave me nervous of them dying before reaching the baddies.
I find our characters aren't that dangerous so only the one for me.
I miss having some Hagbane Scouts but too often there isn't room to put units behind enemy lines so they end up in no mans land like suckers.

Are there things that I should look out for?
Thanks for some feedback.
David
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 1500 All-rounder

Post by Aezeal »

I like it.. looks like what i'd use.

No BSB
2x WR, WW and 2x GG

only difference would be I'd get scouts and more GG instead of the sisters and my mage would be in the GG.. but that might be because I don't have the sisters.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Looks pretty good.

Cannon remain a bit of an issue for the lvl4 because Look out Sir won't last the game. It's not terrible though.
citizendave
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by citizendave »

Cheers guys.
Hopefully the cannons won't last the game either.
And yeah I think that the Sisters are the weakest part so I could try swapping them for more arrows after having a few goes with them.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Cheers.

Nice list, with all the powerful choices of the book.
If you want to keep sisters and the mounted mage tough, I'd suggest you to ditch one WR from each unit (two units should survive enemy fire for a couple turns anyway) and add two more Sisters instead.
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Post by Blackcat »

If you have a lot of trouble with cannons simply swap out the trueflight for poisoned arrows. They get rid of warmachines pretty quickly. Otherwise it looks like a good all rounder list.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I agree with NonnoSte, no sense in taking risks you don't have to.

Skillcannon, Ironblasters and Steam Tanks are not easy to take out.
citizendave
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by citizendave »

Good idea NonnoSte. I can try that down the track when cannons annoy me too much, and if 5 Wild Riders can still get their job done. And Blackcat, yeah I can change one or both units to Hagbane when I know I'm playing a race who can field cannons.
Though I don't want to tailor the list towards them. I despise them and walk away feeling like a win even if I lose but they're all that is left on the table at game's end.
Thanks for your replies everyone.
David
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Post by nXken »

Hey Dave,

Fun list, right of the bat!

I'ld try to sneak in a starting position for hagbanes though... Be it on scouts, be it on GG.

I'ld get the points from the specials. You have 3 units of close combat, which I think, however mobile they are, are a bit much for Woodies.

Just my humble (and inexperienced) opinion.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.