1000 pt Tournament List + 1500/2000 Shooting List

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Zhorphorus
Newcomer
Newcomer

1000 pt Tournament List + 1500/2000 Shooting List

Post by Zhorphorus »

Hi, I'm recently new back to fantasy and chose to pick up Wood Elves. I only have a 1000 pt army so far, which is listed down below, and am hoping to expand to a 2000 pt list but unsure what's good/useful really. I am trying to aim for a 2000 pt list and a 1500 pt list which are both shooting orientated lists and clean up my 1000 pt list for a tournament happening soon. Feedback and criticism are much appreciated.

Please find below my 2000 pt and 1500 pt lists I've made so far and the current 1000 pt list.

2000 pt List:

Lords:
Spellweaver - Level 4, Asrai Longbow, Lore of Shadow, Dispel Scroll

Heroes:
Glade Captain - Trueflight Arrows, Hail of Doom Arrow

Core:
16x Glade Guard - Trueflight Arrows

Special:
6x Deepwood Scouts - Hagbane Tips
6x Deepwood Scouts - Hagbane Tips
5x Wardancers
5x Wardancers
5x Wild Riders - Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician, 5x Shields

Rare:
6x Waywatchers
6x Waywatchers

2000 pts exactly

1500 pt List:

Heroes:
Glade Captain - Trueflight Arrows, Hail of Doom Arrow
Spellsinger - Level 2, Lore of Shadow, Dispel Scroll

Core:

Special:
5x Wardancers
5x Wardancers

Rare:
7x Waywatchers
7x Waywatchers

1498 pts

Current 1000 pt List

Heroes:
Glade Captain - Trueflight Arrows, Asrai Spear
Spellsinger - Level 2, Lore of Life, Dispel Scroll

Core:

Special:

Rare:
6x Waywatchers - Champion

1000 pts exactly

Not too sure on Lores for the wizards but otherwise all in all I would really appreciate some feedback and criticism on all three lists as the 1000 point one I will be using in my local store's tournament coming up soon .

Thanks in advance :)
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 1000 pt Tournament List + 1500/2000 Shooting List

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Re the 2000pt list, I suggest Moonstone and MR2 for the mage. The former to get her out of trouble, the latter to protect the characters from Death snipes and their unit from MM's. 25pts to upgrade the hero to a BSB is a steal. I would put Musicians on the Trueflight for Swift Reforms. In contrast the Wild Riders don't need Swift Reforms and will rarely need to rally, so don't need musicians IMHO. Champs and standards are also a bit optional, maybe Eternal Flame on one unit?
Zhorphorus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Zhorphorus »

Thanks for the info :) is the BSB necessary would you say? and also is flaming attacks used frequently?

Also any ideas on the 1000 pt list for an upcoming tournament or does it seem pretty sound? Using the advice given I've given both GG sqauds musicians and taken away the champion from the WW and the musician from the WR so it still comes to 1000 exactly
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

You're welcome Zhorphorus.

Re-rolling all failed Leadership tests within 12" is necessary according to most players, it's that good. It turns a 1-in-6 chance of your General's unit failing a Panic test to a 1 in 36 chance. Flaming attacks are mainly useful against Regeneration, which is only seen in certain armies. But when you do run into it, negating it is golden.

Hail of Doom is still a good idea at 1000pts and I'd favour a blasty Lore like Fire in small games. The noble is a bit optional at 1000pts but if you're going to take him, BSB upgrade is a good idea. You'd probably be better off switching some Core archers out for Scouts. They're only a point more but are more than a point better because of the flexibility.