Campaign vs dwarfs and combined chaos lists

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

beartooth
Newcomer
Newcomer

Campaign vs dwarfs and combined chaos lists

Post by beartooth »

Hey all,

Ive been lurking on the forums for a while, this is my first post =] so hi.

I am going to be playing a 're-introduction; to warhammer campaign with some friends. None of us have played for over 10 years so it should be interesting. We will be allowing an end times chaos list but not using end times magic, and I will also be facing off against a dwarf player. Will be in increments of 500 pts starting at 1000 and ending at 2500. Dwarf player has the option of pretty much anything in the army book apart from organ guns and iron drakes as they are too new for his collection xD I know he liked to use a big slab of ironbreakers in the past and they are still his favourite fluff unit so am expecting atleast 20 of them. Chaos player will have a blend of beastmen and WoC, expecting 1 if not 2 dragon ogre shaggoths and a solid unit of chaos warriors, again all new models are not going to be encountered. Lists have to interconnect throughout the campaign so no chopping and changing magic items/units with the exception of core.

Onto the lists:

1k Points

Spellsinger L2 Metal, Dispell Scroll

16 Glade Guard Trueflight, Musi, Champ

6 Deepwood Scouts Hagbanes
5 Wild Riders Shields, Champ

Great Eagle
Great Eagle
5 Waywatchers

1.5k Points
In addition to previous list

Glade Lord Armour of Destiny, Bow of Loren, Dragonbane Gem, Asrai Spear, Shield, Great Eagle

8 More Glade Guard for a total of 24 split into 2 x 12 with musi and trueflight

5 Waywatchers

2k Points

Spellweaver L3 High Magic, Great Eagle, Talisman of Preservation

Glade Guard reduced to 2x 10 with musi and trueflight
20 Eternal Guard Shields, FC, Standard of Discipline

2.5k Points Final List

Glade Lord Armour of Destiny, Bow of Loren, Dragonbane Gem, Asrai Spear, Shield, Great Eagle
Spellweaver L4 High Magic, Great Eagle, Talisman of Preservation

Spellsinger L2 Metal, Dispell Scroll

24 Eternal Guard Shields, FC, Standard of Discipline
10 Glade Guard Trueflight, Musi
10 Glade Guard Trueflight, Musi

8 Deepwood Scouts Hagbanes
3 Warhawk Riders

Great Eagle
Great Eagle
5 Waywatchers
5 Waywatchers

In the 1k and 1.5k lists my spellsinger will deploy with the Glade Guard, in the 2k and 2.5k with the Eternal Guard. Plan is to sit back at the beginning of the game picking off what high value targets i can and then hit em on the charge late game but we shall see how that works out! Glade Lord is in as a chaff hunter and to try and knock the last few wounds off a Shaggoth on the charge =] Im pretty set with this list but am always open to suggestions as I have the flexibility to change any of it. Do you see me having any major stumbling blocks against these armies bearing in mind the information i know about them? Have i picked the right units for the job?

C&C Welcome,

Beartooth
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Campaign vs dwarfs and combined chaos lists

Post by Aezeal »

I know trueflights are popular but against chaos and dwarves I'd go WW for AP and hagbane for all other arrows. Lots of T4 etc.