2000 points, rather magic heavy

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aben Zin
Newcomer
Newcomer

2000 points, rather magic heavy

Post by Aben Zin »

Hey folks. Got a 2000 point game coming up against Beastmen and have decided to try something a little different (for me):

Spellweaver, Forbidden Rod
High Magic

Spellweaver, Elven Steed, Obsidian Amulet
High Magic

Shadowdancer, Level 1 Shadow

Spellsinger Level 2 Death
Dispel Scroll

30 Gladeguard
Swiftshiver shards, musician, Champion

30 Eternal guard
Full command, Standard of Disipline, Shields

5 Wild Riders
Full command, Lichbone Pennant, Shields

5 Sisters of the thorn

Great Eagle

Soo, we have a big unit of GG as (pretty much) my only shooting. In this goes the Highweaver on foot. Hopefully she'll get hand of glory to drop a whole hunk of arrows on the enemy. She'll also hopefully get some protection counters to let her draw from the forbidden rod a fair bit.

The Eternal guard will contain the Deathsinger and Shadowdancer. The deathsinger will hopefully be able to do some character assassination. Spirit Leech could be nasty against the relatively low leadership of the beasties and I can't imagine I'll have to wait long for them to get close enough. The Shadowdancer can take any challanges and hopefully use smoke and mirrors to switch with the footweaver if necessary.

The horseweaver will of course go in with the sisters and provide additional harassment, while the wildriders threaten flanks and monsters.

And the eagle will do eagle stuff. Rescuing wizards from tall towers with a noticeable lack of handrails, ferrying halflings around long after such aid would have been really useful, that sort of thing. Thoughts?
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Re: 2000 points, rather magic heavy

Post by Git »

You have 60 shots in one unit. While it's good to focus fire on one target at a time you lose a lot of flexibility. The unit will be difficult to move too, and quite restricted to a 10 wide formation if you want to get all shots off (when you're in a forest). I find it a lot easier to keep my glade guard safe when they are fewer, and with trueflight arrows. This allows them to hit however I hide them, and no units are as big a target as 30 in one.