Asrai Heroes in AoS

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Jezandu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Asrai Heroes in AoS

Post by Jezandu »

What in people's opinion are the best generals to use under the current warscrolls. I tend to take a dragon because of some of its extra rules but if monsters are a limiting factor I feel the other glade lords aren't up to much. I suppose we can look further afield and to other armies but I still love a more wood elf themed army.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Asrai Heroes in AoS

Post by frogboy »

I would love to give a serious answer to this but I just haven't played the game. But if its anything like what it looks like I'd be taking all my favourite toys. But then iv never played games with the most optimum lists, you got to take a Treeman though and a Unicorn without them two your pretty much a high elf :p
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

I've had some really great fun and results with the Shadow Dancer and her bridge of shadows spell. It works so well with Wild Riders, Glade Riders and Wild Wood Rangers.

I've always been a big Orion fan and even more so with this edition. Fantastic power output and a good command ability, plus he cast dispel & cast hounds. Awesome!

We play that summoning units automatically counts as contributing wounds to your opponents victory points, but the Spell weaver has a really nice resurrection spell, D3 models. Brilliant for Cav units and games that aren't death count based.

I'm loving the Wood Elves more than ever with AoS. :D
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
Maeglin
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves , Dogs of War/Empire, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, Crimson Fists, Word Bearers/Night Lords

Post by Maeglin »

Orion because I refuse to acknowledge his so called death...
Follower of the Trickster God.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Maeglin wrote:Orion because I refuse to acknowledge his so called death...
:thumbsup: Yup!
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

The Glade Lord works really well with glade guard. He gives them a re-roll to hit in an 8" bubble around him. This, coupled with the 'Arcane Bodkins' attack, makes for the strongest ranged attack you can imagine.
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Nicholas Nitro wrote:The Glade Lord works really well with glade guard. He gives them a re-roll to hit in an 8" bubble around him. This, coupled with the 'Arcane Bodkins' attack, makes for the strongest ranged attack you can imagine.
Glade Lord also works well with the Wild Wood Rangers and Way watchers.

Do you guys just agree lists with your opponent, to what you both feel is even fair, or thematic or have you been using the Age of Battles points?
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

I used to use points but then I stopped. Battleline is an idea of the past. The math that goes behind a pointcost system is inherently unbalanced. All the different values fall on a curve so balance is impossible. Just play what you want to play and if your opponent is unreasonable then you simply don't play with them.
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Nicholas Nitro wrote:I used to use points but then I stopped. Battleline is an idea of the past. The math that goes behind a pointcost system is inherently unbalanced. All the different values fall on a curve so balance is impossible. Just play what you want to play and if your opponent is unreasonable then you simply don't play with them.
Exactly our philosophy! :thumbsup: