9Th age Lord on stag

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Orion
Newcomer
Newcomer

9Th age Lord on stag

Post by Orion »

How would you kit him and which unit would you put him in ?
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 9Th age Lord on stag

Post by Mollesvinet »

I am running this bad boy at a tournament in February.

Will let you know the build after lists are submitted at the end of January. Sorry for the secrecy!

I tested him in a few games, he is truly deadly but also resilient.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

My gut feeling is he wants Giant or Ogre Sword and to be in Sisters (because they're not Frenzied and are good at soaking up damage). But Thomas will know!
Orion
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Orion »

How about:

Wildhunter kindred (20) (+2A on charge)

Helm of the hunt (20) (+1A & +1WS on charge)
Blade of strife (45) (+3A)
Strength potion (20) (+3S in one phase)
Gemstone amulet (15) (4+ ward once)

This would give this guy 10 ATTACKS at WS8 (+lightening reflexes) on the charge at STRENGTH 7 when the potion is popped. And thats only the rider!

So basically 10 attacks hitting on 2's and wounding on 2's with AP(5) (forest strider).

Whadaya think?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

That's going for raw damage.

In that case I'd bodyguard with Wild Huntsmen because you're Frenzied anyway. The main thing is to get into the right fights and not get redirected due to Frenzy. Mega-hard characters he can't kill in one round might be an issue.
Nerul
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Nerul »

i use this build. he's usually in my wild hunter unit.
wild hunter
great elk
-beast bane halbred
-divine icon
-helm of the wild hunt
-ancient brooch
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

This is the build I went with:

Forest Prince - 316pts
Great Elk, wild hunter, innate defense 6+, light armour, Ogre blade, shield, light armour, Brooch, divine icon, dragonscale helm, longbow

So he has a 2+ armour save, 3++ against non magical attacks and 2++ against fire. He has constant S6 with 6 attacks on charge and 5 after that until losing combat. Both him and his Elk gets holy attacks, and the elk has frenzy as well.

This guy goes with some wild riders with upgraded armour, as they lose swift reform with a character in there anyway. It is quite useful to charge him out of the unit at times, as it makes it harder to block the entire unit. Against non magical attacks at lowish strength, this guy can hold his own!

Kudos for beastbane halberd, it is a worthy consideration. It costs you the shield though.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Good luck this weekend Mollesvinet, will be intreste to read your reports after. That Stag Lord looks so good :D

I got to say, after a quick scan of some of the units in the 9th Age list i'm really pleased with what I've read. It's almost like having the best of the new and old Army books, some nice build potential. Need to read it more in detail now to make sure I'm not just getting excited fo nothing.
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Thanks Frogboy.

He is good against anything without magical weapons at least. Played against an ogre death star, the tyrant with a magical 2 handed weapon dealing d3 wounds kept my stag lord far away!
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Well it's good at least to know his limitations :D

Going to look for Dragon builds now...
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah