Moderator: Council of Elders
Nicholas Nitro wrote:Seems like they've fixed a few of the annoying things. Falcon-Riders can take magic arrows, and that's good.
Otherwise it looks exactly like 8th: with arbitrary point-costs, bizarre restrictions (no arrows for Glade Riders, No skirmish upgrade for Grove Guard), and OP magic. Disappointing.
Billthesurly wrote:The only thing I saw that I didn't like was the Pathfinder unit. Looks to me like an extra 5 pts each for scouts with a BS of 5. And they can't even get Fey Arrows. Why not? It's not like they have some built in special shot like the Waywatchers did. (Kind of lets us know how the rest of the community viewed Waywatchers neh?
Nicholas Nitro wrote:Otherwise it looks exactly like 8th: with arbitrary point-costs, bizarre restrictions (no arrows for Glade Riders, No skirmish upgrade for Grove Guard), and OP magic. Disappointing
Orion wrote:Oncebitten wrote the beastmen book also for bonus info.
Etheneus wrote:Not exactly true. They can't choose from the arrows because they have them all. Look at their special rule: Master archer
It gives them access to all arrows, every round of shooting you can shoot a different kind (or the same) so they are even more versatile than before. Now they can shoot at armor units (although with only -3 in armor) at high T monsters, trueflight or Starlight (which in my opinion got a well deserved buff (magic attack, flaming attack and holy attack, the last one making you reroll ward saves)
And about Orion, the 9th team have stated that they will take care of special characters but it will have to wait for a while, the basics first. They have in a way gotten Durthu on the playing field with the Avatar of nature and I don't think it would be a problem to place Orion there if you want to use the model, for the fluff part, just wait and it will surely come.
Phil Rossiter wrote:My first impressions:
1) Getting a wizard into a wood looks important for the +1 to all Channels.
2) Treesinging looks bad, I may be missing synergies.
3) As said Blade Kindred could be a terror.
4) Pathfinder Kindred, thumbs up!
5) Slight nerf to Trueflight.
6) Dryads gain S4 and Skirmish, win.
7) Stag gains Frenzy (ugh) and loses combat power but becomes War Beast so you can tool the rider up.
8) Eternal Guard cheaper but nerfed. 'King's Guard' better but still dodgy IMHO.
9) Treekin, ye gods. S4, why, when Dryads are too and Treemen S6? Mon Inf have to kill stuff or they die to combat res, S5 is vital. Yes you can take a Treeman lord and give one unit +1 S but that ends if he dies and he has become an even more expensive Flammable Monster. I believe cannon have been nerfed but still.
10) Branchwraith rather sexy. Aspect to give Treekin Command interesting.
11) 5+ Ward on Forest Spirits obviously a big win, 'Daemonic' a slight nerf.
12) Banner of 'always on' forest, could be excellent but King's Guard not being able to take it is daft, would make them a player.
Mollesvinet wrote:1) Keep in mind that only a single channel is made now, with a bonus for each wizard. So while bonuses to channels are good, we are still only talking about a single dice (granted, can make a big difference).
2) I agre that it is not overly useful except in a few select situations. However, it does make a good first aid kit for the treemen to carry around. Could have used the healing in my last game.
3) Bladedancer kindred rocked!
4) No experience with this. Sounds cool but wonder if more models would be better?
5) Agree, not a disaster but certainly reduces mobility as you question yourself whether it is worth it to move or not.
6) Dryads were great, 5+ ward save is back for all forest spirits as well which is great! A unit with hatred and +1S could probably kick a lot of ass. Many points though.
7) Only has frenzy if you choose wild rider kindred (fluffy) but the deer can be taken by vanilla characters I believe. It is also toughnes 5! As far as I can see this transfers to rider in current rules. Still not fast cav though
8) Agree. Wouldn't leave home without defensive buffs. At least the dawn spear is back for -1 to hit.
9) Agree, seems strange. At least flammable is not so bad anymore, instead of doubling wounds it allows rerolls of failed wounds.
11) 5+ ward is really good, not even negated by magic. I don't see them being daemonic, forest spirits just can't be joined by non forest spirits and vice versa. Correct me if I am wrong.
12) Agree. No way a BSB will carry it for them.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest