Adapting the Asrai to Kings of War

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

Adapting the Asrai to Kings of War

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

I'd like to get a discussion started regarding this.

Combos and strategies that you've been trying out? Particular units that work well together?
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Adapting the Asrai to Kings of War

Post by Billthesurly »

I mean to look into KoW and I have ordered the new edition of the rules but I haven't actually seen them yet. So, as opposed to my usual practice of writing at length on topics about which I know nothing, ( :wink: ) I think I'll wait on this one.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Re: Adapting the Asrai to Kings of War

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

I skimmed the rules a couple of times prior to AoS's release.

I think I like shooting into combat too much.

The nerve test system is something I cannot appreciate... I like slaying models out from their units to weaken them, rather then having the unit remain at full strength until they suddenly break and flee.

What I do like about KoW is how they do the attacks. Roll to hit (like in warhammer), but instead of having a 'to-wound' roll, you look at the defending unit's defense stat and roll to beat that. This eliminates the need for a 'save roll', which should make for quicker game play.

Once I found that AoS point cost algorithm (http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28863) I was a happy war gamer. :D Check it out!
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!