2500 list that can grow to 3000+

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

2500 list that can grow to 3000+

Post by Yumuri »

Heya guys i'm new to the WE family and have done some research here on the forest ;)
Any advice for the following list and why would be loved.
Personally I want a army that envolves a dragon, two or three bird characters or units and a lot of bow shots with Waystalkers because I love their model.
2500 WE List
Lords =
Spellweaver 340
Level 4, Lore of Beasts
Dispell scroll
Talisman of Protection
Great Eagle

Heroes = 495
I highly prefer this choice and am willing to build around it. :)
Naestra&Arahan 495 Pts
Ceitthin-Har

Core = 640

GG 160
2x5
Lord's Bowman
Trueflight
GG 160
2x5
Star/Moonfire arrows
BSB
Muscio
GG 160
2x5
Trueflight arrows
BSB
Musio
EG 160
3x5
BSB

Special = 624

Sisters of the thorn 140
1x5
BSB

Deepwood Scouts 186
2x6
Hagbane

Wild riders 162
1x7

Wild riders 162
1x7

Rare = 380

Waywatchers 140
1x7

Waywatchers 140
1x7

Eagle 100
2 Eagles
2485/2500
Last edited by Yumuri on 06 Dec 2014, 23:41, edited 11 times in total.
CauCaSus
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: My list needs some help :)

Post by CauCaSus »

I don't like champions in shooty units. 10 pts buys half a waywatcher which is a lot better than +1 BS on one S3 shot.

The Glade lord is expensive for a T3 model with a max save of 3+. He doesn't add that much hitting power to the WR for the pts you spend. How many WRs can you get for his cost? A lot.
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

Thanks for the reply I am editing the list as we speak. :) Will edit the OP with the edits.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

CauCaSus wrote:I don't like champions in shooty units. 10 pts buys half a waywatcher which is a lot better than +1 BS on one S3 shot.

The Glade lord is expensive for a T3 model with a max save of 3+. He doesn't add that much hitting power to the WR for the pts you spend. How many WRs can you get for his cost? A lot.
I agree on both. WE are probably better off getting Wild Riders instead of combat characters unless you have a very well thought of plan for them (usually that plan should be NOT taking them though). The old book only had teh sisters and maybe Durthu as chars I'd take. The combined elven lists have some more options though.
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

Aezeal wrote:
CauCaSus wrote:I don't like champions in shooty units. 10 pts buys half a waywatcher which is a lot better than +1 BS on one S3 shot.

I agree on both. WE are probably better off getting Wild Riders instead of combat characters unless you have a very well thought of plan for them (usually that plan should be NOT taking them though). The old book only had teh sisters and maybe Durthu as chars I'd take. The combined elven lists have some more options though.
Thanks for you response as well, I pruned the list some, could or would ethire of you critque the list and tell me its pros and cons?
I'm trying to do a shooty list that can move up aggressively with the sisters and the various birds, I'd truly love to fit a Glade SOMETHING on a eagle with Hoda to go along side the Sisters so I can push up even harder. Any thoughts on the Spell on a eagle as well with a more "short" ranged magic lore?
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

Bow of loren and Hoda on a spell weaver? why? That's a bad idea.. she/he will miss most of the shots. Give them a ward save instead or a dispel scroll even. find points to have one more hero with HodA if you really want it :) also might want a standard or two in the glade guard.. if EVER you do that scenario blood and glory i think you'll need the fortitude. separate the wild riders use them in two units of 5 get way more attacks out of them. Uh thats all I have for tips I guess. :) good luck
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
CauCaSus
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by CauCaSus »

I'm not sure what your plan is for the acorn. Its a very expensive and specialized item that needs to be used with a special plan in mind. Scroll and protection is a lot more important on your lvl 4.

Also, why lore of beasts? This lore is good on low level castes in combat armies (wyssans) or in armies with a lot of combat characters. A lot of people, including me like lore of shadows. It has buffs and hexes that can be very good with both shooting and close combat in the wood elf army.
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

CauCaSus wrote:I'm not sure what your plan is for the acorn. Its a very expensive and specialized item that needs to be used with a special plan in mind. Scroll and protection is a lot more important on your lvl 4.

Also, why lore of beasts? This lore is good on low level castes in combat armies (wyssans) or in armies with a lot of combat characters. A lot of people, including me like lore of shadows. It has buffs and hexes that can be very good with both shooting and close combat in the wood elf army.
I'm trying to do a shooty list that can move up aggressively with the sisters and the various birds, I'd truly love to fit a Glade SOMETHING on a eagle with Hoda to go along side the Sisters so I can push up even harder. Any thoughts on the Spell on a eagle as well with a more "short" ranged magic lore such as Metal or Heavens? :)
Personally I want a army that envolves a dragon, two or three bird characters and a lot of bow shots with Waystalkers because I love their model.
Arwen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Arwen »

The Spellweaver on an Eagle is asking to be shot or Magicked on turn 1. With no defensive kit he will die with no ward save and only T4 3 wounds no look out sirs either.
Win/Draw/Losses
4: 0 : 1
Lost 1st game vs. Lizardmen, Won 2nd game vs. Ogres, Won 3rd vs. Empire, Won 2 vs. VC
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

Arwen wrote:The Spellweaver on an Eagle is asking to be shot or Magicked on turn 1. With no defensive kit he will die with no ward save and only T4 3 wounds no look out sirs either.
What would give him a ward save? :)
Q10fanatic
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Q10fanatic »

Talisman of Protection gives a 4++; Talisman of endurance gives a 5++. You can put a Highweaver on a Unicorn. That gives good protection and M10 so it'll move like an eagle. It's a build growing in popularity.
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

Q10fanatic wrote:Talisman of Protection gives a 4++; Talisman of endurance gives a 5++. You can put a Highweaver on a Unicorn. That gives good protection and M10 so it'll move like an eagle. It's a build growing in popularity.
Revised my list based on your input. :) Thoughts?
Q10fanatic
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: 2500 list that can grow to 3000+

Post by Q10fanatic »

I like it a lot; you will be HIGHLY mobile, which is when Wood Elves are at their best.

One change I'd consider: drop the Moonstone. What makes that so useful is being able to move a normally slow unit to an entirely different part of the board. Since the weaver is on an Eagle, it's less necessary. You could get the Talisman of Protection and another waywatcher. Or two waywatchers.
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

Q10fanatic wrote:I like it a lot; you will be HIGHLY mobile, which is when Wood Elves are at their best.

One change I'd consider: drop the Moonstone. What makes that so useful is being able to move a normally slow unit to an entirely different part of the board. Since the weaver is on an Eagle, it's less necessary. You could get the Talisman of Protection and another waywatcher. Or two waywatchers.
Woo :) Do you see any problems with my list?
Yumuri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yumuri »

Q10fanatic wrote:I like it a lot; you will be HIGHLY mobile, which is when Wood Elves are at their best.

Woo :) Do you see any problems with my list?