New level of wraithstar

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: New level of wraithstar

Post by Beithir Seun »

RedPanda wrote:
mjHession wrote:Before a forth BW can join the unit and displace the whole front rank, the third BW must join the unit. Where does BW #3 go? There is no room on the sides and 3 BWs do not fit neatly.
Well it depends on your thought process, if you think of it like:
if all the characters join the unit at once then it will be exactly 1 rank which they are displacing
If the characters join the unit one by one then they wont be able to join being it wont fit (past the 2 on the sides)

There is no thought process to consider. Characters are individual models; they are deployed separately, they move separately, they join units separately. There is no situation where every single Branchwraith joins the unit at *exactly* the same time.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
RedPanda
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Eldar, Kroot

Post by RedPanda »

Beithir Seun wrote:
RedPanda wrote:
mjHession wrote:Before a forth BW can join the unit and displace the whole front rank, the third BW must join the unit. Where does BW #3 go? There is no room on the sides and 3 BWs do not fit neatly.
Well it depends on your thought process, if you think of it like:
if all the characters join the unit at once then it will be exactly 1 rank which they are displacing
If the characters join the unit one by one then they wont be able to join being it wont fit (past the 2 on the sides)

There is no thought process to consider. Characters are individual models; they are deployed separately, they move separately, they join units separately. There is no situation where every single Branchwraith joins the unit at *exactly* the same time.
:angry: I was trying to be neutral.

I stand by the second one where they join one by one or they would have never put in the rule of "It Wont fit". Now if it took say only 3 characters to fit in the front row then you can argue being the first two characters are on the side which combines together displacing the entire front rank, if it is 4 or more then no.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is" -Kino
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

If a characters base doesn't fit with the unit, then the character cannot displace models in the unit. Even if 4 branchwraiths fit together, what would you do when one of them dies? And what about supporting attacks? Some eternal guard would be directly behind two different models...

I am sorry, but based on the rules and game mechanics it is impossible to fit 25mm branchwraiths into 20mm eternal guard.