Eagle Extravaganza!

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Luminith
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Eagle Extravaganza!

Post by Luminith »

Great eagle unit sizes are 1+! Somebody make a unit of 12 and let me know how it goes! Haha

Seriously, though, is there any benefit to taking more than one in a unit?
Do I like Warhammer? Are you kidding, I've got wood!....elves...
Hewhorocks
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Eagle Extravaganza!

Post by Hewhorocks »

Well you could horde them up and they could take out a unit of wolfriders just like in the hobbit!

Seriously though with warhawk riders on the rooster any use you could have for a unit of eagles could be better done with them- with some versatility to boot.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Hewhorocks beat me too it...

Whow Eagle units sound sweet, I can't wait to get my book, reminds me of the battle in the hobbit move with the White Orc, when the Dwarfs are all up that tree and Gandalf calls the Eagles for help. In game terms though I'm not sure they will be better than Warhawk riders if you want flying units.
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves & Vampire Counts - mostly...

Post by MortenLarsen »

I miss the OLD eagles when they had WS7 and S5. With the new Warhawk boosts they serve better as singles.
"The owl askes but never answers."

Character list
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvkMwC1v8aTy0scTF0V ... g?e=oAA3RC

godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

Warhawk riders are just straight up better in any unit size that they are legal in. 5 points cheaper, more attacks, KB etc.

Use great eagles for what they are best at. Cheap redirectors, chaff hunters, and combat trick enablers.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Is anybody else put out that we didn't get the same upgrades for our Eagles as High Elves did?

They can add ASF, AP and the like (for extra cost, of course), but we got no options to upgrade our Eagles at all. Anybody else find that strange?
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
brechttomme
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Kislev

Post by brechttomme »

I do find it weird, but not exactly troublesome. It's not like I would have upgraded the Eagles anyway. That said, do High Elves train their Eagles? Or equip them with Armour Piercing claw guards? Because how do they get that? :crazy:
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Granted, the point may be moot in that most people wouldn't upgrade anyway. But it was one of the little things I expected to see (especially as they brought Great Stags in line with the Storm of Magic versions), and was surprised to find missing...

Maybe it's because they're "special" Eagles from Ulthuan, rather than "common" Eagles from the Grey Mountains :smirk:
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Luminith
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Luminith »

Ya it's kind of a rip off that we didn't get the upgrades. Either way I'm gonna have a tough time fitting them in. There's just too many good options now!
Do I like Warhammer? Are you kidding, I've got wood!....elves...