The Arrow Thread

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Ioreth Starmantle
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Bretonnia, Vampire Counts

Re: The Arrow Thread

Post by Ioreth Starmantle »

Now, what I take away from brechttomme's sensational hammering of maths is that multi-shot is well worth considering.

Obviously, there are many unknowns and everyone's meta is slightly different, but as a general thing I think most of us spend most of our time fithing T3-4 bad guys with Armour in the 6+ to 4+ range.

Obviously, almost every army list will include things outside those ranges, but most of the models in any list will wall into that rather broad spectrum.

Brechttomme's numbers indicate that, against such enemies Poison and Multishot are similarly effective at short range while Multishot is ~5% less effective at long range.

However I think almost all of us will be bringing some kind of to-hit buff magic (Metal, High, Heavens) anyway. I certainly shall be.

This makes me think that one larger (20-30 strong) unit of Glade Guard with Multishot arrows and two to three smaller (10+) units with Poison may be a very effective arrangement.

I'd certainly not feel right leaving the Poison at home - monsters and war machines need killing, but against the most common targets (see above) multishot is comparable to poison and a single to-hit buff, even a small one makes it stellar.

This is especially true if, like me, you're leaning towards taking more than one to-hit buffing Lore (Heavens and Metal in my case).
'Learn well Nature's sole law, for it is thus: Hunt or be hunted, kill or be killed. Know too that the only reason anything ever dies is because it no longer deserves to live! Should have fought harder, should have grown stronger.'
- Ioreth Starmantle, Waywatcher Highborn