Tactics with our new magic potential

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Coyle_Ravane
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau, Imperial guard (Tau auxilleries)

Re: Tactics with our new magic potential

Post by Coyle_Ravane »

gingersmali wrote:
NonnoSte wrote:I think the best benefits of Light buffs are still for Forest Spirits:
Tree Kin or Dryads with WS 10, I 10, 4 A and ASF seem quite dangerous, even with the nerfing they got.
A Tree Kin horde suddenly becomes tempting.

^^ The tree-kin hoard, now i like your style :), what would you go with a level 4 on life & level 1 on beasts? level 4 on Shadow?
I love the idea of a treekin horde. 18 in three ranks dishing out 54 attacks and 6 stomps. Magic would have to be beasts for +1s and t, with heavens for rerolling all your 1s. Light sounds good but you would never manage to get timewarp, light of battle AND wildform off all in one turn.

Of course, if you did somehow, you'd have 60 attacks hitting on 3, rerolling, +6 automatic hits (would stomp go up to I10 as well or stay at I1?) all at s5. Now all you need is a venom thicket.........

Edit: actually, with that many attacks, one spell. Mindrazor.
Minty wrote:...if you've been killed by a Wood Elf it's nothing personal, but Charles Darwin is smiling with approval.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Re: Tactics with our new magic potential

Post by popisdead »

The problem is you want magic to take something over the top, not rely on it to make your army effective. If you were doing Power of Darkness or lore of Death for the additional dice then I could see this working.

Can you deal with your Treekin horde not having those spells off and dealing with a serious threat, such as a minobus?
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"