How to write a tactica for the LEAF

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

How to write a tactica for the LEAF

Post by godswearhats »

This brief how-to is for people who are wanting to write articles on tactics for the LEAF on asrai.org. It outlines a process I think will work well to ensure have a high quality of articles in the LEAF, and that they are kept up to date.

Writing the article
  1. Write your article and post it in the Glade of Generals
  2. Choose a short but descriptive title. I can help you if you need suggestions, and this is easily changed later.
  3. If you want to help but don't know what to write, check the list.
  4. Ask for feedback at the bottom of your article. This encourages discussion.
  5. Avoid using slang. Common abbreviations are fine (just check to make sure they are in our useful abbreviations and acronyms - if not, make sure and define any abbreviation you use). Remember that your readers don't necessarily speak English as their first language.
Promoting it to the LEAF
  1. Incorporate feedback into your article (go to the original post and hit edit).
  2. It's a good idea to note the edits that you make in small font at the bottom, and thank anyone who made a relevant suggestion.
  3. Once the article has been live for about two weeks or so, send me a PM asking for addition to the LEAF. If you don't do this step, it may take longer.
  4. I'll copy the article over, and link to the discussion thread in Glade of Generals.
Ongoing maintenance
  1. If your article continues to get updated (via feedback, or new rules, or whatever), keep updating as above.
  2. Send me a PM if I haven't copied your changes after a week or two. I read every article on the forum anyway, but I may not get to it immediately which may cause me to forget. I don't mind being bugged.
  3. If your article becomes obsolete, send me a PM and I'll take it down. The most likely causes are new rules that require complete rewrites.
Questions, feedback, comments? Let me know and I'll incorporate ;-)

Thanks,
~gwh
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Ease
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts (rarely)

Re: How to write a tactica for the LEAF

Post by Ease »

If someone could update "A Beginner's Guide to Wood Elves" that would be stupendous for those of us whose books haven't arrived yet!
Minsc
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WFB: WE, WoC, Empire // 40k: Eldar, Orks, CSM, SM, IG.

Post by Minsc »

*clap clap clap*

Nice to see a LEAF-guide. :)
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

It took me several days to write the Beginner's Guide, after having played with the army for over a year. Not sure it's easy to write a beginner's guide within 10 days of the book being released.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord