Total war Warhammer: Wood Elves!!!

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Cernunnos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: AAAARRRGGGHHH!! too many to mention!!

Total war Warhammer: Wood Elves!!!

Post by Cernunnos »

They're here!!!!!!!!
Oh my!!! Now THIS is why I love Wood Elves!!!!!

https://youtu.be/hoiks2rQa9o

https://youtu.be/4ynyerF9qXU

I can't wait!!!!
Proud owner of Ltd Wood Elves book 446

PointedDoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Total war Warhammer: Wood Elves!!!

Post by PointedDoom »

You evil evil person....now i have to buy it......cannot wait!!! (Looking around for specs.) Just got to make sure my computer can run it.
Kakapo42
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Kakapo42 »

*Sigh* It's just as I feared it would be.

If they had done a painstakingly faithful rendition of the 6th edition Wood Elves then I'd have been all over it. Indeed it would have been enough for me to suspend my usually harsh stance towards DLC. But like I suspected they would, they went with the 8th edition iteration, which even in digital form makes my blood boil. The questionable pronunciation in some of the voice acting doesn't help either (please tell me I'm not the only one who think it's "As-Rye" and that the A in 'Athel' is pronounced like the A in 'apple' while 'Loren' is pronounced like 'Lauren'.).

If they produce an alternate Wood Elf faction that's just like the 6th edition one, then I might give it another look. As it stands, I'll continue to give this one a wide berth.
WANTED: Wildwood Ranger axes. PM me if you have any spare.
PointedDoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PointedDoom »

Well yes their pronunciation is sub par. But since I dont have time to actually play anymore. I'll have to wait until I can train my kids. I'll take it and run with it. As-er-i is how I pronounce it anyways.
Cernunnos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cernunnos »

Kakapo42 wrote:*Sigh* It's just as I feared it would be.

If they had done a painstakingly faithful rendition of the 6th edition Wood Elves then I'd have been all over it. Indeed it would have been enough for me to suspend my usually harsh stance towards DLC. But like I suspected they would, they went with the 8th edition iteration, which even in digital form makes my blood boil. The questionable pronunciation in some of the voice acting doesn't help either (please tell me I'm not the only one who think it's "As-Rye" and that the A in 'Athel' is pronounced like the A in 'apple' while 'Loren' is pronounced like 'Lauren'.).

If they produce an alternate Wood Elf faction that's just like the 6th edition one, then I might give it another look. As it stands, I'll continue to give this one a wide berth.
Nope, you're not the only one! I'be been pronouncing it like that for years, and I got the pronouncation from Nigel Stillman!
As for the look of them, to be fair though they probably had to use renditions of the current model range..

Findellar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Dark Elves, Bretonnia

Post by Findellar »

I think this DLC is quite good!! The rendering of Orion is not as I would have pictured it but you cannot make every body happy. Heck, some people complaint about Rogue one... (Its another thread!)

They have introduce a new way of playing the game with this faction. I am now to the final battle to finish this expansion and I had a lot of fun playing with our beloved elves.
For those who venture beyond the border of Athel Loren,
you only venture towards your death...
PointedDoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PointedDoom »

Awesome...it was ordered for me for christmas but it isn't suposed to get here until the 18th....I so want to try it.
Cernunnos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cernunnos »

I've so far only dipped my toe in the water playing WE's, I'm still playing as Grimgor at the moment.. It really is a lovely game once you get a hang of it, sometimes controls seem.all over the place and a bit vague..
I had just got the game and as immersing myself in it when my old laptop died before Christmas, & I'm loving it on my new one.. it's the only game I have on it..
Just so glad they released it..