mantic forrest shambler models , any one seen then ?

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

ikken
Newcomer
Newcomer

mantic forrest shambler models , any one seen then ?

Post by ikken »

so I was poking around mantics site , and noticed the forest shambler models , which would make great treekin or 9th age thicket beasts . The price is good , but i would have to order them in sight unseen as my local gaming store does not stock kings of war stuff.
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... troop.html

dows anyone have any , and how do they look in real life , how is the size , the sculpt quality ect ?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: mantic forrest shambler models , any one seen then ?

Post by Phil Rossiter »

There are some nicely done on this page:

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=180

Asrai thread:

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28848

I've posted your question up to the painter on the Ulthuan page ikken.
theviking
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by theviking »

I did the aforementioned unit of these for the secret santa on ulthuan.net.

The sculpts are lower quality than GW has spoiled us with, but they aren't too bad. Putting them together I felt the detail wasn't very good and they would be hard to paint but once I put brush to model the details came out nicely. The gaps at arm and head were noticeable but nothing a few minutes of greenstuff work didn't fix. Also half of the left hand model's cat tails broke off due to the soft metal being quite thin and flexing too much so I replaced them all with paper clip with greenstuff rolled on. Actually I would plan on pinning everything if you get these, metal models and mismatched connections make for easily broken joints. My biggest issue was with the feet, they weren't all flat so I made some greenstuff pancakes to set them in. It worked out well for the "wading through the ground" effect I wanted, but I wouldn't want to try gluing them straight onto a flat base. There was also some confusion in my mind as to which branches attached to which torsos, but as things got put together it quickly became obvious which went where by process of elimination.

I enjoyed the models overall and wouldn't hesitate to buy myself some for my own collection. A pic if anyone's interested:

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Very nicely done and great review, thanks :D :thumbsup:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
knightlyknave
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by knightlyknave »

I haven't gotten mine from the kickstarter yet but am looking forward to them. Can use then in both KOW and AoS