Wood Elf Runes?

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Wood Elf Runes?

Post by yanchusart »

Hey guys,

Not having much luck and figured I should just ask- does anyone have a picture of some Wood Elf runes? I have of course found a ton for High Elves but haven't seen too many for WE. I wanted to incorporate some in my painting.

If you are able to send some my way, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Wood Elf Runes?

Post by Billthesurly »

I thought we used the same ones the High Elves use. However, there is a small chart in the Army Book that details the symbols of the gods. They look pretty good for use as runes.

I think it's in our army book. It has been awhile since I did anything besides look up a rule in there.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Billthesurly wrote:I think it's in our army book. It has been awhile since I did anything besides look up a rule in there.
Thanks- I will check it out tonight.
Peter of Loren
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Peter of Loren »

In the old 6th edition book, there are some wood-elfy runes in the background on p.62-65, the magic items section. They're simpler, but pretty cool.
"In the war against ignorance and stupidity, you sometimes have to fight fire with fire."
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Peter of Loren wrote:In the old 6th edition book, there are some wood-elfy runes in the background on p.62-65, the magic items section. They're simpler, but pretty cool.
Thanks Peter, I will dig around and see if I still have the 6th Edition.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

If you Google: Wood Elf Gods Runes - the very first image is the "Pantheonic Mandalla" from our army book. There are a lot of other cool runes in the images section I'm sure you could use as well.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Billthesurly wrote:If you Google: Wood Elf Gods Runes - the very first image is the "Pantheonic Mandalla" from our army book. There are a lot of other cool runes in the images section I'm sure you could use as well.
You guys are great- I appreciate the responses.
Makiwara
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Makiwara »

Just an observation I've made from looking at the mandala a bit, it is interesting that the sigils for both Loec and Nethu are based around the Edra rune from the High Elf book.