AoS: Banishment mechanic?

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

AoS: Banishment mechanic?

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

We already know that a caster can attempt to unbind an opponent's spell during that opposing player's hero phase, so long as two opposing casters are within 18" of each other. So you can attempt to prevent a caster from summoning, but what about banishing summoned units after the fact? I'm guessing this will be a mechanic introduced in a later campaign book.

For the purposes of house rules (until something official comes out) should a 'banishment' mechanic be a spell option for wizards?
If so, should it be the same numbers as the casting requirements, or more like 'unbinding' where the banishing wizard must match or beat the summoning roll?
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Re: AoS: Banishment mechanic?

Post by Hyarion »

Beat the summoning roll. Or perhaps, base cost +1/model remaining in the unit (+1 for a spell that summons 5 models, +1 per 2 models remaining for a spell that summons 10, etc)
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.