Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Unichi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon

Post by Unichi »

Hey people of Asrai ! I was wondering is the Sisters of Twilight and Forest Dragon finecast which you can order from GW ?
And if it is, what have been your thoughts about the finecast vs. metal dragon?

- Unichi
Last edited by Unichi on 09 Apr 2015, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Re: Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon

Post by nXken »

Sisters on dragon are metal... Or have i missed something?
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Etheneus
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf

Post by Etheneus »

Just got mine. It's metal
Avian
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Avian »

I got mine for Christmas and it's still metal. Once you get it together it looks great but putting it together requires a day set aside a dremmel lots of strong metal pins, superglue, greenstuff and a lot of swearing. Mine has about 15 pins in it, the joint that really need to be strengthened is the right leg to body as the whole weight of the model goes through there and it's not a very good join.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

I bought both mine 15 years ago.. same dragon but no sisters on them.. and I've not used a single pin.. just superglue.
sunstrider
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by sunstrider »

Aezeal wrote:I bought both mine 15 years ago.. same dragon but no sisters on them.. and I've not used a single pin.. just superglue.
With the old superglue you could definitely get away with that and when I got my forest dragon years ago I did the same thing. The old superglue had the consistency of oatmeal from what I remember, now I would just recommend some thin superglue and green stuff from GW. The green stuff will do most of the work, but the superglue helps establish and maintain the bonds that the green stuff is there for, green stuff just takes a long time to dry and harden, I never found it necessary to pin GW metal models.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

I just use some cheap superglue, not the GW stuff. Everything stays where it is (unless you are a moron like me and drop the dragon). The hardest thing to glue was Orion's spearman at the wrist (the old one with 5 points) it took a while and dropped off a lot of times at the start.. but ít's been secure in position for 15 years now.